by look of coaches poll Ohio State vs. LSU for title!

wvuraiders

[ QUOTE ]

It'll be EXTREMELY close. I think LSU will edge out Tech my only the slimmest margin. Virginia Tech will be #1 in the computers but the voters will keep them out of the national championship.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be the right thing to do...LSU beat Va. Tech by 40. LSU played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. LSU lost 2 games, both in triple overtime. LSU deserves to be in the BCS Championship game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It'll be EXTREMELY close. I think LSU will edge out Tech my only the slimmest margin. Virginia Tech will be #1 in the computers but the voters will keep them out of the national championship.

[/ QUOTE ] That would be the right thing to do...LSU beat Va. Tech by 40. LSU played one of the toughest schedules in the nation. LSU lost 2 games, both in triple overtime. LSU deserves to be in the BCS Championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU lost to two teams that were ranked lower than them, one of which being an unranked team. VT deserves a shot at the national title.

[ QUOTE ]

LSU is as deserving, if not more so, than any of the other teams in position to play in the game. Honestly, I feel as if LSU is more deserving than Ohio State b/c LSU played such a difficult schedule from start to finish...

[/ QUOTE ] Exactly. LSU lost 2 games, both in triple overtime to two strong SEC teams, regardless of their ranking. Arkansas has the probable Heisman winner in Darren McFadden, and Kentucky was on fire with their Heisman hopeful (at the time). Strength of schedule says it all.

[ QUOTE ]

how can you refuse to watch it if lsu is in it... they won the sec why shouldn't they be in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just dont like LSU, i never have. Even when Mauck(sp?) was there, just havent ever liked them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU lost to two teams that were ranked lower than them, one of which being an unranked team. VT deserves a shot at the national title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very weak argument, my friend. Here's a few reasons why:

1. LSU pounded Virginia Tech by 41 points.

2. LSU is the SEC champion, which we have freely admitted is the toughest conference in the nation. Virginia Tech is the winner of the ACC, which we all can agree is the 5th-best of the BCS conferences at the moment.

3. LSU pounded Virginia Tech by 41 points.

4. LSU has not lost a game in regulation this year. In fact, both losses were in triple overtime. Virginia Tech has lost in regulation twice.

5. LSU pounded Virginia Tech by 41 points.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2. LSU is the SEC champion, which we have freely admitted is the toughest conference in the nation. Virginia Tech is the winner of the ACC, which we all can agree is the 5th-best of the BCS conferences at the moment.

4. LSU has not lost a game in regulation this year. In fact, both losses were in triple overtime. Virginia Tech has lost in regulation twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that V.Tech should not be in the NC game, and that LSU should. I do not agree with a couple of your points (#2 and #4.)

I think VT is in a close group with the Big 12 and the Big 10. Niether of those conferences are really that strong, and I tihnk they both compare well with the ACC. But I do agree that the SEC os the best conference. So that point is still valid.

This point is weak. Who cares how they lost? They lost in overtime to an unranked team and a 17th ranked team...they should have never been in overtime with Arkansas to begin with. The reason they play overtime is to determine a winner, you get the same L for a lose in OT as you do for lose in regulation. If the fashion of a lose count...well tech dominated the game with BC for 58 minutes, so shouldnt they get some bonus points for that?

Again, I am happy with the bowl selections. I do think that LSU should be in the NC game, and Tech shold be in the Orange Bowl... Im not sold on OSU though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that V.Tech should not be in the NC game, and that LSU should. I do not agree with a couple of your points (#2 and #4.)

I think VT is in a close group with the Big 12 and the Big 10. Niether of those conferences are really that strong, and I tihnk they both compare well with the ACC. But I do agree that the SEC os the best conference. So that point is still valid.

This point is weak. Who cares how they lost? They lost in overtime to an unranked team and a 17th ranked team...they should have never been in overtime with Arkansas to begin with. The reason they play overtime is to determine a winner, you get the same L for a lose in OT as you do for lose in regulation. If the fashion of a lose count...well tech dominated the game with BC for 58 minutes, so shouldnt they get some bonus points for that?

Again, I am happy with the bowl selections. I do think that LSU should be in the NC game, and Tech shold be in the Orange Bowl... Im not sold on OSU though.

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you I agree with the OSU statement...I'm not sold on them either...but they have 1 loss, and they are Ohio State, a perenial power in a fairly decent conference, so that can't be avoided...I had much rather see USC and LSU. USC is playing very well right now, and I think it would be a better game than LSU-OSU.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you I agree with the OSU statement...I'm not sold on them either...but they have 1 loss, and they are Ohio State, a perenial power in a fairly decent conference, so that can't be avoided...I had much rather see USC and LSU. USC is playing very well right now, and I think it would be a better game than LSU-OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I doubt them because of last years national championship game. I know this season has nothing to do with last season, but that just left a really bad taste in my mouth. I would just hate to see OSU get dominated by another SEC team. Ill be cheering for LSU!

LSU had two other chances to keep their spot on top. How come they get another one? We say we want some sort of objective way to decide who gets into the championship, but this is just another showing of completely subjective decision making on "their" part. It's shocking to me that LSU keeps getting do-overs just because they seem to be good. If they were good, they would have gotten it done those two times against teams that were inferior to them. We can't just completely discount the fact that they lost to two teams ranked lower than them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I doubt them because of last years national championship game. I know this season has nothing to do with last season, but that just left a really bad taste in my mouth. I would just hate to see OSU get dominated by another SEC team. Ill be cheering for LSU!

[/ QUOTE ] I agree 100%...I think LSU will win, but it should be closer than last year. Florida blew them out, and I don't think LSU has that much offensive fire power, but I think they have enough to beat OSU.

[ QUOTE ]

LSU had two other chances to keep their spot on top. How come they get another one? We say we want some sort of objective way to decide who gets into the championship, but this is just another showing of completely subjective decision making on "their" part. It's shocking to me that LSU keeps getting do-overs just because they seem to be good. If they were good, they would have gotten it done those two times against teams that were inferior to them. We can't just completely discount the fact that they lost to two teams ranked lower than them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure we can because they are in the SEC ...and besides they lost in OT...of course that makes a world of difference. Duh! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I agree 100%...I think LSU will win, but it should be closer than last year. Florida blew them out, and I don't think LSU has that much offensive fire power, but I think they have enough to beat OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see where you guys are coming from about osu but heres 1 thing that should keep them in the game and give them a better chance to win than last year is there defense last year they had the offensive firepower but a young defense... and when ted ginn got hurt the first play of the game in which he did return the kickoff and put them up 7-0, w/out him there offense stalled, also they were very rusty from the however long break it was from playing hopefully that won't hurt them this year, so this year they have the D, and there offense isn't too shabby either...two big play recievers, a physical grind it out running back Chris Wells who hasn't been healthy all year but will be by the NC game...but bottom line is they have a better defense

OSU deserves it.....given the constant upsets and they got to watch it all happen. LSU....I can live with seeing them there. VT....doesn't deserve it over LSU. Oklahoma should have a shot too. It should be a descent game...but LSU wins by 10.