A Heartwarming Story - Gilliard returns home to coach Tigers

Sources

If you would look at the post pinned at the top of the basketball forum, you would find the basketball schedules for some of the schools, including both Bluefield and Princeton.

DOESN'T ANYONE EVER READ ANYTHING ANYMORE???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it was on some paper somewhere. maybe on the internet, im not sure. I have read it somewhere though. Also a few players have told me about the new tournament where BHS and PSHS should be matched up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its on their schedule for 12/21 and 12/22...no idea who is playing in it though...

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it is Pikeview, Christiansburg, Mount view and the beavers... thats at least what a coach told me on the scrimmage saturday.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

it was on some paper somewhere. maybe on the internet, im not sure. I have read it somewhere though. Also a few players have told me about the new tournament where BHS and PSHS should be matched up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its on their schedule for 12/21 and 12/22...no idea who is playing in it though...

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it is Pikeview, Christiansburg, Mount view and the beavers... thats at least what a coach told me on the scrimmage saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the team look at the scrimmage? Rough I would imagine with football season having just ended.

And according to the C'burg schedule on their basketball website they are playing in the tournament...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

actually not. although Brooks and Ponder did not start, this team played very well. Craig Ponder is one of a kind, is a tremendous athlete, and will be a star. This Bluefield team is faster than last's years believe it or not, I believe that has something to do with having a true PG in Ponder, and coaching. Bluefield runs the court and uses multiple subs which is good.

BTW, the more and more I watch brooks and ponder the more i realize how amazing their athletic ability is...

[ QUOTE ]

actually not. although Brooks and Ponder did not start, this team played very well. Craig Ponder is one of a kind, is a tremendous athlete, and will be a star. This Bluefield team is faster than last's years believe it or not, I believe that has something to do with having a true PG in Ponder, and coaching. Bluefield runs the court and uses multiple subs which is good.

BTW, the more and more I watch brooks and ponder the more i realize how amazing their athletic ability is...

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be an interesting year. And yes, Ponder and Brooks both have freakish athletic ability. Who did they scrimmage?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be an interesting year. And yes, Ponder and Brooks both have freakish athletic ability. Who did they scrimmage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Riverside. They won 3 of the 4 quarters i believe...

[ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you GetMoney55, the only team that I want to crush more than anything is princeton...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not me Rocks. I would much rather trade a loss or two to Princeton for a state championship. At Bluefield the talent is almost always good enough to win it all, unlike Princeton where they base their season on beating one AA school. Our expectations are so much higher than just beating Princeton. In their eyes, a win against Bluefield defines a successful season from them. But in a perfect world we would sweep Princeton on our way to a state championship. wink.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I think a perfect world just may happen, barring Logan.

BTW, Princeton doesnt shoot threes anymore. all they do is drive, Gilliard wont let them shoot.

I thought princeton's forte was shooting threes but i guess Gilliard knows more than i do...lol

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, Princeton doesnt shoot threes anymore. all they do is drive, Gilliard wont let them shoot.

I thought princeton's forte was shooting threes but i guess Gilliard knows more than i do...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we ALL know what a coaching genius he is!!!! Only wished I had introduced myself to him the other night...to shake the hand of such greatness...

oh i love basketball season. gilliard sucks and I think that he will be the only reason that Princeton wastes their opportunity on a good year with their talent, just like we did last year in Charleston...although that wasnt anything new with gilliard.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we ALL know what a coaching genius he is!!!! Only wished I had introduced myself to him the other night...to shake the hand of such greatness...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield_Rules had a chance to do the same at the Chapmanville game several weeks back but I think he was overcome by the awe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield_Rules had a chance to do the same at the Chapmanville game several weeks back but I think he was overcome by the awe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand...I was "star-struck", I could barely eat my dinner...or maybe that was caused by the indigestion I got when I thought about how badly he screwed up last season...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As we were taught, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all...

I personally think that Princeton lost a lot last season when they lost Jevon Carpenter. He really made that team go, could shoot, probably their quickest player. What did he make 2nd team all-state in AAA. He was a pretty good high school basketball player.

They also lost their best hustler in Casey Lineberry. Lineberry didn't have the basketball talent that some have, but he played hard and his hustle was huge for them.

Princeton still has the Minnix twins and Jewell. All three can shoot and you can't let them get hot from the three point line.

Princeton like anyone can still beat you like most teams if they are taken lightly and you let their shooters get hot. I just thought Carpenter and Lineberry were two very important pieces to their team.

[ QUOTE ]

Princeton still has the Minnix twins and Jewell. All three can shoot and you can't let them get hot from the three point line.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are good three-point shooters, Gilliard will make them to drive to the basket...you underestimate the stupidity of this coach...he has NEVER utilized his team's strengths...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are good three-point shooters, Gilliard will make them to drive to the basket...you underestimate the stupidity of this coach...he has NEVER utilized his team's strengths...

[/ QUOTE ]

perfectly put.