Council@Grundy

Wave_fan1

yea it was packed tonight in Grundy and there was a reason for it....The wave looked good tonight, Cody B and Bobby had a good game that should be normal this whole year and Shawn Moore looked much improved from last year, Grundy next test will be on the road friday aganist haysi

[ QUOTE ]

Solid Game 76-49 win..I'll take it..

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 78-57, not 76-49...the score at the end of the game counts, not what the score was when the starters came out...

[ QUOTE ]

Actually the clock said 76-49 with 0:00 left on it..

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they quit keeping score when they took the starters out??? I've seen some "strange" scoreboard operation during football games at Grundy but I didn't know they did this in basketball too...

ya.. about 3 years ago... it was turning down hill then... and still heading that way.. Haysi aint gonna be much better. I think the bdd is down except for Honaker and Twin Valley. Are you playing in any tournaments through the holidays?

Oh, by the way what happened to your girls? ouch!

they are playing in some Clintwood Tournament or something like that....and well the girls entire team consists of the Gladiators who run a certian type of offense all summer and most of the year, and when they come to the regular season they have a different coach..who makes them run an entirely different offense...

[ QUOTE ]

who happens to be one of the most fundamental teams in SWVA its Council they are known for one thing and one thing only..BASKETBALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are "known" for basketball...yeh, they had one heck of a Buchanan Co. All-Star team a few years ago...

[ QUOTE ]

wavefan09 dont worry about this guy, well see how much talking he does after the grundy/g-men game smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep talking...I know Graham sucks at basketball...they will be lucky to win two games this year. But I also know that the entire SWD sucks as well in comparison to the rest of the state...sad, but true...

even if the whole state does suck at basketball, these communities desirve a right to be proud of thier teams. we dont have nothing else but to be proud as hell of our basketball teams because we suck at everything else besides wrestling

Slow down there basketball wonder, compare the history of the sports at Grundy. Sure you have been the best of the worst in basketball the last few years. But do not down the other programs, and do not compare yourself to wrestling and football. Your league is no where near them. Learn how to win and keep your mouth shut.

"To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks, is the most difficult of all."

wow... touchy there ol'wave.. i dont think that kid was poking at your programs..

We're all so great arent we!! hahaha

Everybody has an opinion. You have so much more to be proud of than anyone else on this board!! hahaha

I am not favoring any person, any school. But Grundy has more to be proud of than any other school in the state of Virginia with the exception of Great Bridge. There is no other school in the SWD, Region 4, that is A, AA, AAA, private no matter what they are no matter what sport, that has 15 state team titles, 12 straight, has been ranked in the top5, top 10, and top 25 nationaly. Grundy does have more than anyone on here to be proud of.

Have the Hampoton Crabbers had 15 state titles in a sport with a steak of 12? Have they been ranked nationally? have they been in sports illustrated, USA Today, and other nationaly magazines? I am not saying Grundy is the greatest at everything, or anything. I am saying don't say Grundy has nothing, or someone has more to be proud of than Grundy. If you find a program in the state of Viginia that has had a more successful program than the Grundy wrestling program. There may be a school from the beach or from Northern Virginia that has a bunch of state titles, or a string of a few, or has been ranked nationally a couple of times. But Grundy has done it for 20 years consistently most of those years, winning state championships, earning nationaly rankings. Grundy is not great at basketball, they are decent this year. Grundy is not great at football, they need some changes, but Grundy is great at wrestling. That is why they have more to be proud of (not brag about) than anyone in the state.