WVU vs Radford

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Big South, we will make some noise this year in the BSC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Football...Big South...Big East...same thing...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL .....I thought some people were somewhat knowledgeable of football on this board. I found one that isn't lol j/k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait until White and Slaton are gone too...that MAC coach will lead you to the Promise Land....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.....you forget so fast about Devine and Brown! Granted I'd have While and Slaton and Schmitt forever if possible.......but anyway.....Butch Jones......may not be the coach. I think it will be someone else. Anyway.....Are you watching UCONN beating WF by 7 and working on another score?

Guest JJBrickface

Not too mention, we have Brandon Hogan, Jock Sanders. A redshirt quarterback named Bradley Starks who Pat White absolutely raved about. A guy I really like though is Terrence Kerns. Reminds me a lot of Corey Dillon.

when White leaves Brown will be the starter at QB. Brown is an excellent QB. Although he is a tad bit slower than Pat White he makes up for it in arm strength and experience throwing. Also having Devine and Jock to play when Slaton is gone will be great. WVU is set for the next couple of years and hopefully they can get a coach to put those players to work.

Jarrett Brown's arm really won't mean much if the new coach stays with running the spread. Another factor that may pose a problem is if the new coach brings in another type of offense to the program. The players that he has to work with were brought in to run the spread and may have a difficult time in adjusting to the new offensive schemes.

if the coach does decide to go to a different offense, say a more passing offense, Brown might just start over White next year. Not saying this just out of gut feeling but for the fact that Brown does have a better arm and was in a passing offense in high school. He was brought into WVU as a true dual threat and if the new coach presents a newer pass heavy offense I wouldnt be surprised if Brown got the nod to start.

Devine can be used just as a regular running back, spread or no spread seeing as how in high school his team didnt run the spread option offense. Jock is also a good running back and can play a good roll in catching the ball as he has shown some this year when he gets in at receiver.

Either way, if it were to be Brown and Devine starting or White and Slaton I think WVU is in good shape.

The only way Brown would start next season is if White was hurt. I would say there is + or - 5% chance that a top Heisman candidate would be benched. Not saying that it shouldn't happen, but it is highly unlikely.

I doubt that Devine would be be as effective in a regular offense. He is too small to run between the tackles. Doing it in high school and then doing it in college are two entirely different things. It is sort of like Reggie Bush doing it in college football, but having hardly any success doing it while in the NFL. Devine is a very explosive player but needs to be out in the open to maximize his ability.

I don't doubt that WVU will win games next year, but if they want another shot at a national title then they will need White and Slaton along with the spread offense.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

The only way Brown would start next season is if White was hurt. I would say there is + or - 5% chance that a top Heisman candidate would be benched. Not saying that it shouldn't happen, but it is highly unlikely.

I doubt that Devine would be be as effective in a regular offense. He is too small to run between the tackles. Doing it in high school and then doing it in college are two entirely different things. It is sort of like Reggie Bush doing it in college football, but having hardly any success doing it while in the NFL. Devine is a very explosive player but needs to be out in the open to maximize his ability.

I don't doubt that WVU will win games next year, but if they want another shot at a national title then they will need White and Slaton along with the spread offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

White will be the starting QB next year... unless he goes somewhere else. He is the only reason WVU is where they are this year, as slaton has been dormant, almost playing to avoid injuries.

However, about the heisman thing, the heisman winner WILL be somewhat "benched" next year. Urban Meyer has already said that Florida will go to a 2 QB rotation next year...

I also agree that Devine may be too small to run between the tackles, and i believe he is a better fit in the spread offense than almost any other...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

LOL.....you forget so fast about Devine and Brown! Granted I'd have While and Slaton and Schmitt forever if possible.......but anyway.....Butch Jones......may not be the coach. I think it will be someone else. Anyway.....Are you watching UCONN beating WF by 7 and working on another score?

[/ QUOTE ]

but anyways.............did you see Wake Forest dominate the second half and win!