GHS189

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

im the younger son

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll have to start calling you A-rode...get it??? A-Rod, A-Rode...

Older brother hoping to be behind the plate this year??? That's his natural position, I just hope the coaches figure it out...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

our jv coach is a guy from florida and our asst var coach is the new GM for the bluefield orioles son....And though campbell has gotten us some bats...we are still going to be weak...we dont play as a team...the seniors are great players..ive played with them since t-ball..but with only two jrs on the team with experience..our seniors will have to help....tank is awesome at pitcher, jake needs to be behind the plate or in the infield, cop, jlan, and possibly me in the out field, 1st jrod, 2nd alex, me, or possibly david, SS david or Alex, 3rd nic,tank,or dave, and harclechode should be catcher or in the outfield with me and the rest..

p.s. you all have some pretty good bats..lay off mine,

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, we never got bats at Bluefield. so i dont understand the complaints. Plus, check out our helmets, they are like the worst ones ever made...

our bats sucked,and yea ive seen your helmets and they are pretty bad, but your AD would probably get you some, our baseball program doesnt see any money from the atheletic dept.

haha...ya u can call me whatever but people ussally call me ahark but whatever anyway ya its going to take alot more than some new bats i just cant wait until it starts plus we got a couple more 8th graders than last year and well c what they can do

you right...you all are in a little worse shape than us...baseball is down in our area ...soccer hurt us during the years of little league...some of the best games i can remember were agianst you all in interleague...we always had good rivalrys but never any problems.

ahark your an idiot...i cant wait til practice starts...i cant wait til wrestling is over so i can whoop ur butt..lol...and maybe ill get to pitch against you in practice and strike your but out...

Froy

The funding at Bluefield High School is ridiculous. We dont have our own gym to play boys games on, we dont have a baseball field to do anything on, we technically dont have our own football field, we dont have our own soccer field, the softball field (if you wanna consider it that) is in horrible condition, and the school board does nothing for it. I have been told from one of the coaches on the basketball team that they have tried for years to get funding for a new gym from the school board but they will not give it. Princeton gets over $1 million on the spot to get a new field and adjustments to their facility and yet we cant get any funding towards our needs that we've been asking for over the course of many years.

The reason we cant play home basketball games at BHS is because the court is 10 feet short of the new limits, so we play our home basketball games at Blufield State when it is available. Our gym was top notch when it was first made but now that there needs to be modifications, the school board is nowhere to be found for any funding. We have had a very successful program over the last 15 seasons and yet nothing will be done.

We have no baseball field at all. NOTHING! Our practices last year were the results of constant begging to be able to borrow a place from someone to conduct such. We used Graham Middle School(when it was available), the upper Bowen field(when it was available) and even the poor excuse for a field at the middle school(when available). Last year our home games were split between Princeton, BSC, Pikeview or the other teams home field. We finally got to play games at Bowen when sectionals and regionals came to town. As far as softball goes, I understand that the program at school is horendous, but they still deserve better than what they have. A crappy field filled with rocks, holes and whatever else you wanna name doesnt have the admiration from any of the players or coaches.

Those are just the main concerns. Its horrible that the school board cant come up with any funding for the area's school with the top sports programs.

Bluefield's gym has that nasty spot around the middle of the court due to a water leak in the ceiling, and after a while the BOE "patched" it. The same thing happened at Princeton and their floor was not patched, but replaced immediately. Our only hope for a new gym from a very generous donation from a prominent person in the area. Don't hold your breath on the school board doing anything.

When Mitchell Stadium announced that they were installing field turf due to the donations that Shott donated, not long after that the SCHOOL BOARD, along with a big helping hand with our tax money, funded Princeton for new field turf.

The new performing arts center in Bluefield has was built completely on donations and fund raising from the students.

If anyone thrives off of Bluefield's success it is Princeton. We see hardly any of the money that is brought into Mercer County because it somehow gets swallowed before it can leave the MCBOE in Princeton.

it is beyond stupid that nothing can be done for our school. We have been upstate in basketball what..13 of the last 15 years and we still dont have a gym to play games on? As you said, all of our stuff comes from donation. Princeton Senior High gets their money from the School Board, while they seem to have absolutely no money to share Bluefield's way.

The fact that the school board gave Princeton all that money for their field is alright though, considering that they now have no money to spend for anything else. New uniforms, no. New equipment, no. Transportation for a trip to Wheeling or Charleston, haha...no. From what I had heard they are done in with funding for any sport for the next 3-5 years.

[ QUOTE ]

The fact that the school board gave Princeton all that money for their field is alright though, considering that they now have no money to spend for anything else. New uniforms, no. New equipment, no. Transportation for a trip to Wheeling or Charleston, haha...no. From what I had heard they are done in with funding for any sport for the next 3-5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it sort makes you wonder about the new basketball uniforms and warm ups that the Princeton basketball team is sporting this year. They must have a hell of a boosters program.

I have no clue how they managed that. Maybe they used some leftovers from the football funding cause I dont think Princeton football properly used the field...you know with winning, or scoring, or doing good, or anything productive for that matter. Or maybe Ernie and Jackie had a bakesale

ill strike you out any day any time...lol...so i hear JV is going to be mostly 8th graders....i saw the turn out for the meeting as i was leaving for wrestling....Alex....u know half those wont stay....if you want my opinion....pitch some and take over second base for me....see if you can beat my one error for the whole year

[ QUOTE ]

our bats sucked,and yea ive seen your helmets and they are pretty bad, but your AD would probably get you some, our baseball program doesnt see any money from the atheletic dept.

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me...no sports will ever see any money from the athletic department unless you win a state championship or you play basketball or football...the soccer team had HUGE success since they have come in and dont see too much money...it wasnt till about 2 or 3 years ago that we got new jerseys....the only way you get money is if the TEAM does fundraising

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it sort makes you wonder about the new basketball uniforms and warm ups that the Princeton basketball team is sporting this year. They must have a hell of a boosters program.

[/ QUOTE ]

hokie07, do you remember making fun of P-towns warmups? how they looked like sweatsuits? well guess what, i think they are cause they are now wearing a new set of warmups, also Nike.