ERNIE vs. HAVENS

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

it will be the first matchup of three of these two coaches... Honestly I dont know if havens has coached in a game bigger than this...

However, Princetons poor frontcourt play, along with miserable bench play will allow the Beavers to win.

It amazes me that Ernie Gilliard has his best shooter playing in the post in Justin Jewell. Gilliard tried to do that a few times with hammond last year too.

Also, if Princeton tries to play full court man to man on bluefield all night, they are in trouble. JM was beating a few princeton players to the whole all night, so i think we can as well. If PHS goes to the zone, BLU needs better ball movement than before to allow penetration, or they need to improve from long range shooting.

Anyways, i think game one of the best of three series will go to Havens...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

It amazes me that Ernie Gilliard has his best shooter playing in the post in Justin Jewell. Gilliard tried to do that a few times with hammond last year too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ernie Gilliard making poor coaching decisions? Never!

Bluefield was completely horrible on the boards. They need to take an entire practice and work on boxing out. This is the worst game I have ever seen Bluefield play. It was horrible. I am really speechless at this performance. This game was lost by the players and no one else. The refs made a few "questionable" calls, but this was lost on the court.

Yea, I forgot about those. I am not sure how many we messed, but it was horrible. This teams needs to go back to basics. We also had to have at least 20 tos and our first 4 possessions equaled turnovers. We just need to stop trying to show off and do the basic things you have to do win.

This was probably the WORST bluefield basketball game I have watched in a long long time...I don't know the exact number but I say we missed a good 15 free throws or more...We had way to many pointless turnovers, and the refs did make some bad calls, but I feel that they made up for some of the calls

ummm I was not at this game, however is this the same bluefield that was complaining about Gillard...I know I know bluefield has talent but did Gillard outcoach blfd tonight somone please evaluate that was at this game..thanks

Guest JJBrickface

Ernie 1 Bluefield 0

Thats pretty sad. Princeton isn't even any good.

WOW! Princeton must have stuck it to Bluefield tonight! I guarantee the blame will go to Havens......Princeton is loaded this year and Bluefield is kind of young it seems. I wished I would have went. I won't miss the next one!

Tonght was not Havens fault. Bluefield doesnt have anyone that can shoot consistently shoot from deep. They missed way too many free throws. And on top of this they were making stupid decisions. Yes the refs were terrible but they shouldnt be able to control a game.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Tonght was not Havens fault. Bluefield doesnt have anyone that can shoot consistently shoot from deep. They missed way too many free throws. And on top of this they were making stupid decisions. Yes the refs were terrible but they shouldnt be able to control a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are a football school...we have never truly been a powerhouse in basketball and I think that is because of our success in football.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong, but in my opinion, if bluefield doesnt find a way to hit some deep shots then it is going to be a long year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are correct. It has been a problem of ours for a while now. Not that we haven't had players capable of shooting the ball in the past but we haven't been good enough. Like I said the other day I would like to see our 3 point shooting percentage for each season from the past 10 years.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

the beavers have to blaim someone can't be a man enought to say the tigers just outplayed the beavers .I guess they tucked those tails SHAME SHAME.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are scaring me lady...

[ QUOTE ]

the beavers have to blaim someone can't be a man enought to say the tigers just outplayed the beavers .I guess then tucked those tails SHAME SHAME

[/ QUOTE ]yep princeton is just great, i'd say they'll win the state AAA title and be even better then the huntington highlanders from 06-07.....hey by the way tiger fan where were u during the mighty tigers 1-9 football season??

Bluefield WILL be better prepared the next time these two teams meet up. I guarantee it.

Bluefield is not a young team. 4 of their 5 starters are seniors. I wasnt at the game tonight but from what ive read here and what ive heard from people who were there, Bluefield played terrible and it wasnt due to the incredible Tigers team. Our seniors should be playing better. However, they will adjust come next week.