Grundy vs CC

wave_20

yeah the b-ball teams season is slowly starting to look like the football teams...except the basketball team has more wins,talent, and a coaching staff, but other than that the 2 are virtually the same

Carroll lost to Marion. Marion's big man played lights out (he had 20+) and Carroll had the worst game I've seen them play. The officiating in that game was horrible. One of Carroll's players was given a forearm to the face on a screen right in front of the official and nothing was called. However when one of Carrolls players was pulled down on a Marion player during a held ball situation, the refs called an intentional foul. It was like that all night. Carroll had several foul out and several intentional fouls called (one on a blocked shot???). At one point in the game a foul was called on Marion, the ref handed the ball to Carroll to throw in, the announcer reported it on a Carroll player and the Carroll coach asked about it and the ref said "oh yeah" and took the ball away from Carroll and gave it to Marion. It was absolutely the worst officiating I have seen, on any level. I almost forgot the Marion player that picked up his dribble, threw the ball in the air, caught it and ran in for a layup with out dribbling. It was at LEAST 5 steps. The whistle blew, we all thought "traveling". No, they called a fould on Carroll.

So the jury is still out. Carroll has a good JV team, but I don't think anyone will know how good unill the second half of the season. We'll get some more insight tonight when they play Abingdon.