LSU/Ohio St.

EH31

I've been hearing some intresting "stuff" about this pitt game

apparently Rich Rod and his brother both have a huge gambling problem, and WVU had a 28 point spread against Pitt or whatever. They betted that WVU would not get that spread but still win the game. So alot of people believed that he was playing for a close win...No loss, like what happened. But a close win just so they'd get more money

Somebody even said the amount the Rodriguez's betted was like 770,000 dollars... Or something like that

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

THERE WAS NO PASS INTERFERENCE NO DEFENSIVE HOLDING AT ALL DURING THAT PLAY ON OVERTIME! ESPN even had that game on their marathon of "Bad Calls"

[/ QUOTE ]

And honestly, both of you see through biased eyes. ESPN did put that on their list of bad calls, but on ESPN classic the other day they had a whole show on called "10 reasons why Miami cant blame the refs." It was al about that game and that call. im pretty sure one of the reasons was there was a penalty on the play anyway...

anywho, you can not blame a entire game on one play. Cant be done. You cant blame an entire loss on one player. Team sport for 60 minutes or more, no one call can determine a play.

[ QUOTE ]

apparently Rich Rod and his brother both have a huge gambling problem, and WVU had a 28 point spread against Pitt or whatever. They betted that WVU would not get that spread but still win the game. So alot of people believed that he was playing for a close win...No loss, like what happened. But a close win just so they'd get more money

Somebody even said the amount the Rodriguez's betted was like 770,000 dollars... Or something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha!!! You WVU fans are trying EVERYTHING to bring him down, aren't you. Dude, drop it. You have a new coach. Let RichRod be.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IF that were true, the NCAA would have his ass BBQ'd already and I'm pretty sure our Congress would be involved as well...you know how they like to put their noses into things (ie. steriod scandle in MLB).

I figure what you heard is nothing but a story some PO'd WVU fan made up...nothing more, nothing less...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Come on Rocks, you can't seriously believe this crap, can you? This is obviously some lame 3rd grade prank to attempt to discredit Rodriguez...and that's all it is...a ridiculous prank.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly not true Rocks...I'd rather have a shot to win a national championship as a head coach than make any size of a bet on my own team..And I really don't think Rich Rod would be that dumb to act in that way

when it comes down to OSU losing with that incomplete pass and Miami becoming consecutive national champions, it matters. I know that football is a team sport, but that call changed it all. If it werent for that, Miami would have been the first team to win 2 BCS title games, not LSU.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly not true Rocks...I'd rather have a shot to win a national championship as a head coach than make any size of a bet on my own team..And I really don't think Rich Rod would be that dumb to act in that way

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt mean to lose game game...He ment to keep it close so he would get a heckuva lot more money from winning under 28 points

I wouldnt have even posted that info on here If I didnt hear if from some people in "the know" about the whole R.R. situation

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt mean to lose game game...He ment to keep it close so he would get a heckuva lot more money from winning under 28 points

I wouldnt have even posted that info on here If I didnt hear if from some people in "the know" about the whole R.R. situation

[/ QUOTE ]

rocks ill put 770,000 pesos on this, he didnt place the bet. He was probably more upset than anybody about the loss, not because of the loss of money, but loss of national championship oppurtunity. this is as bad as the saban rumor, maybe worse.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Besides, I never said that was true. I said thats what some people I know in "the know" said...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks just because your boyfriend richard simmons works for ESPN now that doesnt make him in the "know"

honestly i dont think he checked his sources enough! grin.gif