Pryor adding Duke to his list

[ QUOTE ]

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2325698

Just kinda seemed really strange seeing Duke being added to Terrelle Pryor's list...Not that anyone in this country could actually see him going to one of the worst football programs in the country

[/ QUOTE ]

BASKETBALL is the reason...he would like to play both football and basketball. Also with David Cutcliffe taking over the head football coaching position and bringing along a couple of UT coaches including the OC, that has sweetened the pot for him to look at Duke.

Pryor is the USA Today offensive player of the year. When he was asked the question "NBA or NFL?", without hesitation he said the NBA. The reason why? Longer career, just as much money, and you don't take as much abuse physically.

[ QUOTE ]

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2325698

Just kinda seemed really strange seeing Duke being added to Terrelle Pryor's list...Not that anyone in this country could actually see him going to one of the worst football programs in the country

[/ QUOTE ]

He wouldnt be going there because of football. He would be going there for basketball....

Funny thing is UNC did it with Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers back a few years ago.

I know that Coach K works very hard to protect his prized players, but I think the players should have the opportunity if they want to play both sports. Realistically, I do not see it happening either.

[ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Cutcliffe the OC at UT?

Too bad they aren't able to lure Paulus to play QB. Wasn't he a Parade All-American Q.B. coming out of High School?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I meant the WR coach...sorry about that!

Hopefully if Pryor goes to Duke, he will have about as much success as Paulus. He may have a good, old fashioned tea-bagging waiting for him too, like Paulus was done by Deron Washington! wink.gif

Pryor is gonna be able to do anything he wants. We are talking about arguably the best football player to come out of high school since Reggie Bush and Vince Young. Ohio State told him that he could play basketball and football if he came. That is a top football program and basketball program willing to let him do both so I dont think Duke would be able to limit him. The kid is phenominal, simple as that, and being the #1 football player in the nation and in some rankings the #42 overall basketball player in the nation, it gives you that kind of power to toy with college programs.

[ QUOTE ]

Pryor is gonna be able to do anything he wants. We are talking about arguably the best football player to come out of high school since Reggie Bush and Vince Young. Ohio State told him that he could play basketball and football if he came. That is a top football program and basketball program willing to let him do both so I dont think Duke would be able to limit him. The kid is phenominal, simple as that, and being the #1 football player in the nation and in some rankings the #42 overall basketball player in the nation, it gives you that kind of power to toy with college programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Duke and Coach K will let this kid do whatever he wants, as long as he goes there. It would be huge for Duke to pick him up, but I highly doubt that they have a true shot. If he chooses to play both football and basketball he will most likely go somewhere that has a supporting cast for him in both sports.

BTW, Pryor is actually rated in the Top 30 in basketball, I think #28 if I'm not mistaken...

Yea but wouldn't he rather go to Ohio State who is in the national spotlight for football and which they have a decent basketball program...Instead of a great basketball program and a hell hole of a football school as of right now

he has always loved basketball though. his sophomore year he was close to verbally commiting to either UNC or Pitt but backed out once he noticed that football was bringing him a lot of attention. his first love was basketball so it plays a very big roll in what his decision will be.

i say after the updates ive gotten from him its gonna be OSU.

If Pryor does indeed play both sports at the collegiate level and is more passionate about basketball, then it is possible for him to be playing in the NBA much quicker than in the NFL. Instead of having to wait 3 years upon graduation, he will only have to wait 1 year. This may or may not be his plan, but if money talks I wouldn't expect to see him in college too long.

He is the #1 football player in the country and a top 50 basketball player. i agree that he is recruited much more on the football level, but his basketball recruiting isnt that far away. He was on the fence with UNC and Pitt when he verbally commited to Pitt and as you said he did back out just a few months later.

The kid is just phenominal. one the better atheletes to grace a sporting in general. like it has been said on here in an earlier post, whoever gets this kid has hit the jackpot.

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'm saying is that: I seriously doubt Coach K would let one of this Basketball players, play football also. and vice-versa. Just way to many risks for injurys and stuff like that...

I don't see it happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its happened before. I remember 2 years ago when they had a football player play basketball.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'm saying is that: I seriously doubt Coach K would let one of this Basketball players, play football also. and vice-versa. Just way to many risks for injurys and stuff like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its happened before. I remember 2 years ago when they had a football player play basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the guy who got "tea-bagged" when he passed out at a UNC party...pictures were on the net...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the guy who got "tea-bagged" when he passed out at a UNC party...pictures were on the net...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Those pics were classic! Reggie Love was so old... he probably got tea-bagged during the Stackhouse/Wallace era...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Those pics were classic! Reggie Love was so old... he probably got tea-bagged during the Stackhouse/Wallace era...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it happened around 2003...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it happened around 2003...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I knew it happened around then... It was just an attempt at a bad joke about Reggie Love. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

reggie love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats it. The name had escaped me.