Giants @ Packers

seth_hill

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to call this one...for one, Favre is due for a bad game, well over due really...and who knows what the weather will bring?

If you assume the weather is not a factor beyond the regular Jan. Lambo Field weather that is...little snow and bitter cold with some wind...then I think this could be 35-21 or so Packers...if its messy beyond belief then it's going to be close...and I think that the worse the weather gets the more it favors the Giants...it will level the field...so then I think you get in to a 17-14 type game...could come down to who has the ball last or maybe OT?

I think the Giants have a shot here, but if Favre is on, it's done.

Giants should do well with Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad taking care of the ball in the bad weather. Just wonder if the Giants corners are up to the task of stopping Favre. Im going with the Giants 21-17.

I'm calling for a little Brett Favre magic. The Packers will win this one, and then Favre will find a way to upset the Patriots and then end his career with one of the greatest Super Bowls in NFL history... wink.gif

you know this is setting up great. Favre's super bowl win came as the cinderella of Favre fairytale. Young, energetic kid, on track for greatness who plays the game right. Now its old, still energetic, still playing the game it should be, setting records, already established as a great, Favre who has another chance to be in a superbowl. If the Pack and Pats win to play each other in the super bowl, it should be interesting. Could history repeat itself?

Im not a Packers fan but i enjoy watching Favre. But i believe by the time that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning retire they will have blown Favres records away. It might not happen but from the way these two are playing i think it is very possible. And if Favre makes it to the Super Bowl it could be like a passing of the torch.

I most definitely see Manning and Brady breaking every record. They will be the Marris and Mantle of the now/future. They will be competing on who gets what record and who gets it the fastest for years to come. Right now both of them could retire and be Hall of Famers. Brady has indicated some of how he doesnt want to make his life completely football and that he may retire soon.

IDK either way these two are hall of fame players.

Favre is a true "throw back" of the ole great QB's. He's almost "kid" like in his approach...while Manning and Brady are, in my opinion, so "business suit attired" like in their approach. I'm not sure we'll ever see a QB in the mold of "da ole man" Favre again. The maturation of very successful pro QB's today is a business....the game has become a business....but, it's nice to see the "fun" aspect that Favre still brings to the game.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Man i hope farve pulls it off. How could anyone ever not like this guy?

He got some magic left, and i pray that he can go all the way. My only fear is that he will retire if he does, but i think I can settle for him riding off into the sunset on top, like true gunslingers do.

Man I hope he pulls it off to but you saying how could anyone not like this guy well many people do and especially at my school most people hate him! lol But Favres deserves to win another super bowl.

I love seeing a local guy do well, but he has his youth. I have always been a Favre fan. I will be forever. He plays at the best stadium too! I hope for snow and another like last week. That was all kinds of fun to watch.

[ QUOTE ]

I love seeing a local guy do well, but he has his youth. I have always been a Favre fan. I will be forever. He plays at the best stadium too! I hope for snow and another like last week. That was all kinds of fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers define how football is supposed to be played. In my mind, football is meant to be played in cold temperatures, snow preferably, on REAL grass where only the warriors prevail. Just like Brett Favre! The fans are a different breed and thrive in the snow and cold.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers define how football is supposed to be played. In my mind, football is meant to be played in cold temperatures, snow preferably, on REAL grass where only the warriors prevail. Just like Brett Favre! The fans are a different breed and thrive in the snow and cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt agree more.

I must say...I'm a dolphins fan.... So obviously, I hate the patriots. and that i'll be rooting for the Packers the rest of the way...

1. San Diego- Talks to much crap and usually end up losing when they do Rivers is a peice of crap

2. New England- nothing more needs to be said

3. NY Giants- well...I really dont hate them, but i really dont like them...Plus, they beat miami earlier in the season in London