Super Bowl

vthokies4life

[ QUOTE ]

It is going to be interesting. Can our hometown boy make a good showing for the Giants? Or will the unstoppable Patriots do the unthinkable and go undefeated? Thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that anything can happen in the pros and the Giants are playing very well. If they can control the clock (over 40 minutes against Green Bay)...they've got a very good chance. I think Bradshaw and Jacobs will be a big deciding factor in the outcome of this game...If they can run the ball, they can keep it close and pull out a "w"...if not...Look for the Patriots to win going away...

I'm pulling for the Giants...I'll say 24-20.

The Pats will expose the weakness of NY's secondary. However, if the NE secondary doesnt play any better than they did against SD when they were leaving receivers wide open for Rivers to throw to, they might just get torched downfield with Burress and Toomer. For all the praise that Rivers is getting with his performance they should equally give credit to NE's corners doing exactly crap. Rivers could not get any power at all from his back foot yet was still able to hit his receivers simply because the Pats were not covering and leaving them open.

If NE doesnt step up the pass defense it could be a good game, but other than that I see NE by 14 or more.

Guest JJBrickface

Eli has been too good the past few weeks which means one thing...he will have a chike job in the Super Bowl.

ive been waiting for Eli to choke since the Bucs game. I figured a good game against NE and another against TB thats alright but it wouldnt continue from then, but he has. Its surprising and im positive that there isnt a soul who thought that he would be doing this well. He is due for a bad night, but with his, I know its odd saying it, but consistency, who knows when that day will come.

I hate it because I'm A Huge Packer Fan and would of loved to seen Brett Favre play in the super bowl one more time but Im pulling for the Giants and I hope Ahmad Bradshaw has a great game I would like to see him do good! But the Patriots just have to much...wait I heard that Tom Brady may have a slight ankle injury....so

Pats-27 Giants-20

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Eli Manning is due to have a bad game. He is horribly overrated and I'm fairly confident he'll throw at least 2 INTs in the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and I even feel like one will be returned for a TD.

[ QUOTE ]

Eli Manning is due to have a bad game. He is horribly overrated and I'm fairly confident he'll throw at least 2 INTs in the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is horrible, i mean he just lead his team to the super bowl and he has not thorwn a int the whole postseaon... yea he sucks

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he is horrible, i mean he just lead his team to the super bowl and he has not thorwn a int the whole postseaon... yea he sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, he goes 3 games without throwing an INT and he is now being praised as a good QB? The last time I checked he is considered a professional football player, isn't this what they're supposed to do?

I guess everyone forgot that this is the same guy who has choked in numerous clutch situations in years past and also the guy who threw 4 INTs in one game earlier this year, 2 of which were returned for TDs. Say what you will, but I'll let Manning's performance in the Super Bowl speak for me.

however throwing ZERO interceptions in the postseason against three good teams...that is pretty damn good...they should be praising him at this point...but go ahead and do what everyone else has been doin and count them out...thats what they want you to do

I dont count the Giants out, I just cant rely on Eli to do anything right. Sure he has had three good games this postseason and I am in no way taking that away from him, but he did absoultely terrible this regular season and hasnt done anything near good in his entire career. Three good games in the playoffs can get you some recovery for those horrible seasons and other performances but not for everything. He is not a great quarterback. He is decent, yes, he is a pro, yes, but so was Trent Dilfer who also lead his team to and won a super bowl. That guy was absolutely terrible yet had one good season and got himself a ring. Does anyone consider him a good quarterback? no.

[ QUOTE ]

however throwing ZERO interceptions in the postseason against three good teams...that is pretty damn good...they should be praising him at this point...but go ahead and do what everyone else has been doin and count them out...thats what they want you to do

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't let factors such as a graduate of your high school being on the same team as Manning cloud your judgment. He is a mediocre QB at best, accept it.

[ QUOTE ]

I hate it because I'm A Huge Packer Fan and would of loved to seen Brett Favre play in the super bowl one more time but Im pulling for the Giants and I hope Ahmad Bradshaw has a great game I would like to see him do good! But the Patriots just have to much...wait I heard that Tom Brady may have a slight ankle injury....so

Pats-27 Giants-20

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom brady is almost always on the injured list for different stuff but he still plays every week and does awesome, anyway i remember some announcers talking about that earlier in the year.

Tom Brady is wearing the brace for caution only. If he were really hurt he wouldnt have been walking around the city. He was wearing for some extra protection just in case something were to happen. Many athletes have done it before. If it were truly a problem he wouldnt have been out walking around on it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't let factors such as a graduate of your high school being on the same team as Manning cloud your judgment. He is a mediocre QB at best, accept it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahmad has nothing to do with this...im cheering for a team that beat my team (the Cowboys) and Eli Manning is playing exceptionally well and everyone brings up the past...well the past is the past...maybe he has turned over a new leaf and now that he has some experience he is becoming a good quarterback...he is a Manning...he is learning the game and now he is improving his own...dont let the past cloud YOUR judgement...i was a hothead on the soccer field in the past and college soccer has changed me...does that just mean its a matter of time before i explode on the field?? no i have changed...just as Eli Manning is...