Random Talk Thread

seth_hill

Guest BEAVERTAIL

ill vouch for you, cause i can remember aruging with you and Kyle about who was gonna win the duke game forever. I can also remember the day where i had to wear your stupid duke jersey. Now, that was a SAD SAD day... lol

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget this one BeaverTail, Our sophomore year I believe it was. You and I made a waiger that if UNC won, You would make me wear your UNC jersey, and if duke won, You would have to wear my Duke Jersey

Sure enough, Duke won, he wore the jersey the whole day... I was very impressed...

Guest JJBrickface

The ONLY collegeiate team that I have ever rooted for is the West by God Virginia Mountaineers, whether its football, mens and womens basketball, track, tiddly winks, you name it. I never did understand the fascination with Duke and Carolina growing up. I know many of the kids who liked them in middle school and high school were indeed bandwagon fans but some of them genuinely liked them and that is fine with me. But I'm a Mountaineer and always will be.

Yep. Thats what I still want to do. Work in the Forensics Dept... MSU has one heck of a Forensics Department. But WVU's is the best in the country...So i'm aiming to get my grades up if I can...

I did sleep alot in that class didnt I? Well, the funny thing was I did jack crap in that class and she still passed me and Ben C. with a B's!grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

ill vouch for you, cause i can remember aruging with you and Kyle about who was gonna win the duke game forever. I can also remember the day where i had to wear your stupid duke jersey. Now, that was a SAD SAD day... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny enough, I gave that jersey to kyle at senior beach-week. I don't know if I gave it to him because i was hammered or because it didnt fit anymore. Probly a mixture...grin.gif

Beavertail didnt you lose another bet with someone and had to wear something with WVU on it?

And JJBrickface i respect you for the way you feel about your WVU. But the way you feel about WVU is the same way i feel about Duke and VT.

Don't get me wrong...I love WVU and hopefully cannot wait to go up there next year. But Duke has always had a special place in my heart (kinda homo sounding..yeah i know) But just watching the Cameron Crazies going nuts...Watching Trajon Langdon dunking...Its something you cannot put into words

My love for basketball belongs to duke. and everything else belongs to WVU...

That class was awesome. If it werent for you and Ben i would have been bored to the point of suicide lol. Until the last day of school when she flipped out on me because she thought i pulled the fire alarm.

[ QUOTE ]

That class was awesome. If it werent for you and Ben i would have been bored to the point of suicide lol. Until the last day of school when she flipped out on me because she thought i pulled the fire alarm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed that..I was at beach week getting hammered..., I remember when we threw crap out the window and tried to hit beavertails ride lol.... Sorry man, but luckily, We never did hit it

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Beavertail didnt you lose another bet with someone and had to wear something with WVU on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. im not sure how i lost that one though, or what on... I just remember it was BS.

I remember that bet. It was if Jonny didnt win, he would give up his hat for a month but if you lost, you had to wear a WVU shirt at least one day a week for a month. You lost the bet and never held up to it.

the bet was if VT went past the sweet 16 in the tournament.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I just think its amaizing that me BeaverTail and Hokie07 got along without killing each other for all those years

They like UNC, I like Duke

They Like VT, I like WVU

They like Men, I like women

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, you wish playboy!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I remember that bet. It was if Jonny didnt win, he would give up his hat for a month but if you lost, you had to wear a WVU shirt at least one day a week for a month. You lost the bet and never held up to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

your right. I think it was make it to the sweet sixteen. I did hold my end, it was to wear a wvu shirt once a week for a month, and i did, but i used snowdays lol. I only had to wear a WVU shirt once, and i did. It was my dads polo shirt, he can vouch.lol

[ QUOTE ]

The ONLY collegeiate team that I have ever rooted for is the West by God Virginia Mountaineers, whether its football, mens and womens basketball, track, tiddly winks, you name it. I never did understand the fascination with Duke and Carolina growing up. I know many of the kids who liked them in middle school and high school were indeed bandwagon fans but some of them genuinely liked them and that is fine with me. But I'm a Mountaineer and always will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I like Carolina so much is because of my Dad. They were all I ever knew and I would sit and watch games with him ever since I could. My dad likes football but basketball is his true passion, so he paid more attention to the Tar Heels than anything else. Dean Smith was his hero and I can recall him almost shedding a tear at the word of his retirement. I always wanted a "Eric Montross haircut" when I was little, but my mom wouldn't let the bowl cut go! I don't remember having any shoes other than Jordans up until about the age of 10.

As said earlier, I then learned about the Hokies at about the age of 6 when I was introduced from family who attended Tech...

I would be at Virginia Tech as we speak if it weren't for the fact that tuition is 3x the amount of what I pay to go to Marshall. A degree in Economics/Finance from VT does not mean that much to me, and there is no way it is worth $80,000...

4 years at Virginia Tech (out-of-state tuition): $120,000

4 years at Marshall (in-state tuition): $40,000

[ QUOTE ]

I remember that bet. It was if Jonny didnt win, he would give up his hat for a month but if you lost, you had to wear a WVU shirt at least one day a week for a month. You lost the bet and never held up to it

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber that now lol. I dont think anything can come between John and that hat.

Coach Simon gave us the red jerseys tonight at our banquet. Everyone is going to wear them to Princeton tomorrow night.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I always knew I had eyes on me in the baseball locker room, tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was crashdavis...shocked.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

the agreement was a "weekday"...

you can call me the next RR...