Random Talk Thread

seth_hill

[ QUOTE ]

hahaha. Bandwagoners make me smile.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? bandwagoners? I'd probably rather associate with a bandwagoner fan than a "fan" who doesnt know crap that he talks about.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going with Duke by 13. Better to have low expectations. But I'll be there with my kinda gay orange tie/dyed "Hokies on Fire" t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. I think you are forgetting that this is the ACC. No one is going to get a 13 point victory over another ACC team this year.

Second, don't wear those shirts. They're pretty gay. I'm not going to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea those shirts suck...

[ QUOTE ]

what are you talking about? bandwagoners? I'd probably rather associate with a bandwagoner fan than a "fan" who doesnt know crap that he talks about

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to take a stab in the dark on this one....But I think he's refering to you HokieFan

vthokies4life. yeah that guy. the guy who has the nerve to call people bandwagoners when he doesnt even know facts about basketball. clearly he hasnt watched a game this year. if anyone is jumping on a wagon, it is he, because he probably hasnt watched a game up until tonight knowing of the Duke/VT game.

I think it was directed towards me...saying that I like Duke

I have 4 favorite sports teams that I will support thru thick and thin, They are really the only sports I watch

1. WVU Mountaineers- What can you say? their my home states team, Love the Old Gold and Blue and fell inlove with Morgantown and their athletics (football) a long long time ago. Most of my family being VT grads had alot to do with my decision also. You can't explain the feeling you get when You walk into Milan Puskar Stadium and see everybody wearing gold and blue yelling "lets go..." and then hearing somebody randomly reply "mountaineers" Its a feeling that will compare to nothing else in my life

2. Miami Dolphins- Seriously, you can't call me a bandwagon fan for liking them (1-13 record). I mean seriously

3. Duke Blue Devils- Ever since the first time I watched them play i fell inlove with them. They played physcial and I loved that.

4. ATL Braves- Liked them for a long long long time, longer than any other teams that I support. The Jones boys, The days of Smoltz,Glavine, Greg Maddux, and yes...even john rockergrin.gif

Never call me a bandwagon fan....ever

[ QUOTE ]

I can distinctly remember becoming at a Hokie fan when at around the age of 6 when my cousin took me to Lane Stadium for my first experience. They played Arkansas St. and I can still remember the approximate seats we sat in too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for that...I remember how out of breath I was after you and G wanted to walk to the top of the East stands...I definitely need oxygen after that! LOL The walk to row 5Q sucks!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going with Duke by 13. Better to have low expectations. But I'll be there with my kinda gay orange tie/dyed "Hokies on Fire" t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. I think you are forgetting that this is the ACC. No one is going to get a 13 point victory over another ACC team this year.

Second, don't wear those shirts. They're pretty gay. I'm not going to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i think VT was going w/ the wake forest look w/ the tye-dyed shirts only... wake forests are awesome

[ QUOTE ]

4. ATL Braves- Liked them for a long long long time, longer than any other teams that I support. The Jones boys, The days of Smoltz,Glavine, Greg Maddux, and yes...even john rockergrin.gif

Never call me a bandwagon fan....ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks....you're the man. I was a Braves fan b4 I ever moved to ATL...during the lean years. I was actually at the game when Sid Bream slid across the plate taking down Barry Bonds and the Pirates in the Braves journey from worst to first. There was a "New Yawker" sitting beside me that was so negative during that game ...saying the Braves couldn't do it....wanted to "whomp" him up the side of the head but my SWVA upbringing told me better. Can't wait for the season to start.... I'll be ready to chop.

I'll never forget my first time to Turner Field. I was in 4th grade and we played a 3-game series with the LA Dodgers... We won the first game on friday night, lost saturday, and lost sunday...But the coolest thing was, I saw Tom Glavine I think it was...during that sunday game

Washington is a great athelete and no one can take that away from him, but he needs to join drama club or something. It's riduclous how much he flops around, stumbles over and any other garbage that he attempts. I like Deron because of his aggressiveness and his fight for the game, but he brings too much unnecessary controversy to the game.

I agree. I like his style of play. But when you intentionally take a flop...and its that obvious, then thats just pathetic. it would have been different if he would stopped taking flops, but this continued for a long long time

Taylor King can shoot the 3 man...

[ QUOTE ]

Back to the topic:

In my opinion, Washington is nothing but a dirty playing actor...

[/ QUOTE ]

And Gerald Henderson is his idol. A lot of stupidity went on in that game tonight that shouldn't have. The officials did a poor job of controlling the physical play and are lucky no serious altercations occurred.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. I like his style of play. But when you intentionally take a flop...and its that obvious, then thats just pathetic. it would have been different if he would stopped taking flops, but this continued for a long long time

Taylor King can shoot the 3 man...

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of pathetic flops, here's the ultimate pathetic flop of all-time. Enjoy...

So I guess lowering yourself while a guy goes up for a layup, after the whistle has been blown...Just to make him fall akwardly isint dirty? Henderson did nothing but talk crap back...

But yes, it was a pretty dirty game...

That trip was uncalled for....

[ QUOTE ]

So I guess lowering yourself while a guy goes up for a layup, after the whistle has been blown...Just to make him fall akwardly isint dirty? Henderson did nothing but talk crap back...

But yes, it was a pretty dirty game...

That trip was uncalled for....

[/ QUOTE ]

Henderson is one of the dirtiest players in college basketball period. He's become notorious for throwing elbows, shoving players in vulnerable positions, running his mouth, etc. And oh yeah, trying to intentionally injury another player b/c his team was getting their butts handed to them. Washington looked like a jack*** tonight with his antics, but Henderson is a much more frequently guilty of such behavior.

What a crappy game. Officiating was terrible both ways. But Duke was definitely the better team and that was to be expected. I didn't like the whole Deron/Singler crap. Singler was being a little DOWSH the whole game, sticking his hand in Deron's face and such. But oh well, losing to Duke without arguably your best player isn't that big of a deal.

But i wore the hell out of my Tie Dye.

And as far as I'm concerned, any fan of UNC or Duke that lives in VA/WV without ties to the school is a bandwagon fan. Come on, if they weren't good, you wouldn't cheer for them. I don't see many Charlotte 49er fans around. But there is nothing wrong with that. I like the Atlanta Braves because they were on TV when i was little, so i consider myself somewhat of a bandwagon fan. Eh, but big deal, who else was i supposed to cheer for? The Orioles?

I live here and I am in no way a bandwagon fan of Oregon. Ive liked Oregon ever since the early days of Joey Harrington. Ive liked them through their bad times and through their good and have never once strayed away from liking them.

If you consider yourself a bandwagon fan, then I honestly feel sorry for you. Have fun buying a lot of different sporting merchandise in support of your teams.

[ QUOTE ]

And as far as I'm concerned, any fan of UNC or Duke that lives in VA/WV without ties to the school is a bandwagon fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what, do you know how much your opinion matters...I'll give you a hint... 63 minus 63..thats right...You're opinion counts for 0% of who I root for..

Did you hear that rules? He's your fanhood to UNC, and mine to Duke...

I'm sorry I dont root for VT... especially after tonight when their student section was chanting (Tebag Paulus) thats really great....I wanna be just like them when I grow up!

[ QUOTE ]

I like the Atlanta Braves because they were on TV when i was little, so i consider myself somewhat of a bandwagon fan

[/ QUOTE ]

Riddle me this sherlock holmes...How else can you start to like a team without watching them play first.....You can't....thats how people start liking teams, they watch them and like the way they play...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Lets set some things straight...

1. I can vouch for Hokie07, he has loved his heels, herd and hokies for as long as I can remember.

2. I am an avid fan of the Tar Heels. Honestly, Rules I think my passion could challenge yours. I loved the Tarheels for as long as I can remember. I even had a family member get his MBA at Duke, (he didnt get accepted at UNC, no lie) and lives in cary. But i still was a passionate UNC fan. It goes back to the days of Ed cota, Ademola Okulaja, Max Owens, Antawn Jamison, Will Johnson, Brian Bersticker, players like that. I loved Carolina basketball. I loved UNC. Im a very passionate person, i can become obsessed. In school i annoyed my teachers to death, especially English because all i would write about was UNC basketball.

Heck, Hokie07 was there when in Careers with Mrs. Graham when i said i wanted my job to be the "moisture control manager" (towel boy) at the Dean Dome. I was serious too. I just wanted to be there.

I finally got what i wanted. during the 2000 season, the unmentionable season, all i asked for christmas was tickets to games. Unfortunately, my parents are not that rich that they can just get me whatever i want, So for christmas all i got was tickets to those 4 games, one for me and my mother. I love her for it too.

I can still remember that day when i walked into that stadiun, it didnt matter if it was binghampton, it was the greatest feeling in the world. I loved it. I will never forget it. After that, I saw many games, including 2 wins against Uconn in which the fans rushed the court. I also have met many players, and my favorite coach of all time, Matt Doherty. I am planning a trip to Marshall next year to see him coach as well. That is not bandwagon.

The same goes for tech. My first experience with tech was at a WVU/ VT game in the WVU section. However, i cheered for VT from that day forward. And yes, I do have relatives from the school, including a former professor there.

3. I didnt have the opportunities to go to a school like VT, Texas, UNC, UVA or schools like that. All i had was instate. My parents do not make enough, as they are in the middle class, for me to go to any school but instate. I really had no other choice. I was accepted to Bama, VT, ETSU, WVU. The only school that declined me was UNC.

so you see, I did not have the same oppurtunities as people across the border. I would be in blacksburg right now if i lived in Va. I know the same goes for hokie07 too, he was accepted as well. Yes, I could have went to WVU or Marshall, but they were not for me. Instead, i got a full ride at Concord which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

So dont bash people who like a team and didnt go to a school, and neither did their parents. By doing that you make yourself seem arrogant, and as A VT fan, i personally think that is very demeaning. I can see where Rocks is coming from when he says thats why he doesnt like VT. Some of us dont have the means to go to VT, simply because of location, and more importantly money. Dont bash us because we have complications that dont allow us to go to our favorite schools.

Right now I am busting my a$$ hoping to get the grades and money to be able to get into UNC or VT graduate school. You have probably seen me on the court in stripes as well trying to make some money. Thats because I am working on achieving my dream, going to one of my dream schools, and graduating. But to you i guess my dream would be to just unvalidate my bangwagon status. what a lousy dream that would be to have.

Im a lot like you Rocks but then again im not lol. I like you am a huge Duke fan. Shane Battier was one of the classiest players ever. And i also love the Braves. My a$$hole parents thought it would be nice to take me to a few games around the time of my 2nd birthday, which leaves me of no memory except for a few pictures. Im a huge Tech fan just because i love everything about them like you do WVU. And im also a Cleveland Browns fan and have been ever since 1999 when they came back into the league. And trust me i know how you feel with the losing records. Up until this year the Browns had basically the same way. So i agree with you. You dont have to live in the state that your favorite team is in. That was an ignorant remark. And i hope you dont think that all Tech fans are as ignorant as that. You know that me and BeaverTail arent.