Random Talk Thread

seth_hill

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Is 2nite at the Cassell @ 7 on ESPN HD! Any Predictions? Comments? personally I think Duke By 15

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not going to be 15. My head would tell me to go with Duke by about 4. But a Tech victory is a lot more possible than you might think...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

im watching the victory over duke in blacksburg right now on ESPN classic...

The loss of Allen will not hurt VT that much as duke's weaknesses already are rebounding and low post scoring. Although the addition af allen would allow tech to exploit those weaknesses..

[ QUOTE ]

im watching the victory over duke in blacksburg right now on ESPN classic...

The loss of Allen will not hurt VT that much as duke's weaknesses already are rebounding and low post scoring. Although the addition af allen would allow tech to exploit those weaknesses..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that game, beavertail! I think the loss of Allen will hurt, but Seth finds a way to get his guys to play against Coach Nose's boys. I expect V.T. to play a little smaller lineup tonight and defend the three very hard since that is a key to Duke's success. We shall see what happens. If the Hokies can match intensity with Duke, then they have a chance.

I have two tickets to that game tonight, but I am giving them up to a friend of mine that reads these boards. I'll be looking for you on tv, G! Behave yourself! lol

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going with Duke by 13. Better to have low expectations. But I'll be there with my kinda gay orange tie/dyed "Hokies on Fire" t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. I think you are forgetting that this is the ACC. No one is going to get a 13 point victory over another ACC team this year.

Second, don't wear those shirts. They're pretty gay. I'm not going to lie.

[ QUOTE ]

Two things. I think you are forgetting that this is the ACC. No one is going to get a 13 point victory over another ACC team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...yeah right dude...Saying there will be a few is different than saying their will be NONE...

Lets go Duke...Lets go Duke...Lets go Duke...Lets go Duke...

[ QUOTE ]

he never said they would win every game buy that much...but this game, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

You underestimate Tech in big games.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like Duke?

*Note*

Any answer you give other than something along the lines of "I went there" or "A close family member went there" is unacceptable.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going with Duke by 13. Better to have low expectations. But I'll be there with my kinda gay orange tie/dyed "Hokies on Fire" t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second, don't wear those shirts. They're pretty gay. I'm not going to lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been a couple of blowout victories in the conference this year. Carolina beat NC State by 31 points a couple of weeks ago and beat Miami by 16 last night.

And despite what some believe and have said, the loss of Jeff Allen for Tech tonight is huge. In watching a couple of Tech games this year Allen has been a huge factor offensively and carried them in a number of games. He would have been huge tonight against a Dook team that has absolutely no productive size inside. Tech stood a solid shot at beating Dook with Allen, but their chances take a major hit without him.

I believe you underestimate Duke so far this year. Duke has won their first 3 ACC games by an average of 16 points EACH. your statement of how no game will be won by more than 13 is already false.

also, why does it matter how he has become a fan of Duke? no one cares that youre a VT fan. If you went there, woohoo for you. I really dont think anyone is gonna clap for you. I like Oregon and I have never even been there or know of anyone close to me that has. Should that question my "fanhood?" No. I still like and support my Ducks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like Duke?

*Note*

Any answer you give other than something along the lines of "I went there" or "A close family member went there" is unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absolutely bull****. Just b/c you don't go to a school doesn't mean you cannot be a fan of that school. I've been a fan of Carolina since I was a small child. I didn't attend Carolina, but I DARE you or anyone else to find a bigger, more passionate fan than myself of Carolina or any other school. I bleed Carolina Blue, it's in every sense of my being. I plan my life (shut up) around Carolina athletic events, especially basketball. I've not missed a televised Carolina basketball game since 1994. Ask my wife about how I am during games and if they lose...lol

And I guess with that train of thought that no one here can be a fan of any professional team since 99.9% of us don't live in a city with a professional team or didn't play for a professional team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like Duke?

*Note*

[/ QUOTE ]

that has to be one of the most ignorant statements...cause if thats the fact...i have to pull for Radford, Sam Houston State, University of Charleston (WV), Campbell University, and Bluefield College...i have been grown up to bleed Burnt Orange and NOTHING will change how much i love my Longhorns...especially an ignorant fan like yourself!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like Duke?

*Note*

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absolutely bull****. Just b/c you don't go to a school doesn't mean you cannot be a fan of that school. I've been a fan of Carolina since I was a small child. I didn't attend Carolina, but I DARE you or anyone else to find a bigger fan than myself of Carolina or any other school. I bleed Carolina Blue, it's in every sense of my being. If don't think so just ask my wife about how I am during games and if they lose...lol

And I guess with that train of thought that no one here can be a fan of any professional team since 99.9% of us don't live in a city with a professional team or didn't play for a professional team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly What he said...

Growing up and watching people like Grant hill, and more recently Shane Battier, Carlos Boozer, Jason Williams and WAY WAY to many more to name....I've been a Duke fan since I first saw them play

I dont have any family who went to Duke, Infact, I have a sister that currently attends UNCC. But just because I dont have any family members who went to duke don't mean I cant like them.....You're a terd...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're knowledge of ACC basketball Rivals Brittney spears knowledge about being a good mother...

yousuck.jpg

I have had several family members who have graduated from Duke and I am a HUGE Carolina fan, and have been since I can remember. I can distinctly remember becoming at a Hokie fan when at around the age of 6 when my cousin took me to Lane Stadium for my first experience. They played Arkansas St. and I can still remember the approximate seats we sat in too.

Being a student at Marshall, I have actually become a Marshall fan. I always cheered for them because I have had family go there and because of one of my childhood heroes, Chad Pennington, but I never followed them fully. Since coming to Huntington, I have taken the same pride, well almost, for the Thundering Herd as I have for the Heels and the Hokies.

Hokies, Heels, and Herd.... that's how I live my life.

If there are any doubters, G-Man and Beavertail can attest the validity of this post...