Fred Thompson dropping from republican ballot

CAVALIERS2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overall reaction to my last most didn't surprise me too much. I wasn't at all saying we shouldn't use common sense practices in taking care of our world. You do reap what you so most of the time, but the problem hear is, let's say that global warming is totally the product of burning fossil fuels. Does anyone honestly think that all of the politians and big money people are going to sit on the sidelines and go out of business? If you do, you're living in a dream world.

True story, My wife's grandfather worked for GM in the 1960's and saw a carburator for a big-block V-8 that got around 50 MPG, and it was quickly locked up in a safe. And that's just in America, much less in totalian countries like China.

Problem with America are almost never willing to sacrifice for a cause, we like are long trip vacations are big cars, and just overall wastefull lifestyle. I love my country, but we've been sowing the seeds of our own destruction for decades, and it isn't by global warning. Barak Obama, Gearge Bush, Hillary Clinton or John McCain will not be the one to fix our problems, it has to start in our homes and communities by admitting that we have problams like allowing drugs, underage sex, alcohol, lack of work ethic, and lack of self-respect to penatrate our homes and communities. Until we fix what's wrong right in front of our faces, we will not have any hope other affecting change in our country.

As for politic's, well, given the fact that under 1/2 the population usually votes, over 1/2 of the population needs to quit whining about who's in charge. Back to global warming, I said earlier it's happedning, but I believe there's little that can be done about it, especially since I belieive it's been happening for about 4,000 years without much human influence, and it's not even in the top 10 lists of things threatening us in the USA.

[ QUOTE ]

The overall reaction to my last most didn't surprise me too much. I wasn't at all saying we shouldn't use common sense practices in taking care of our world. You do reap what you so most of the time, but the problem hear is, let's say that global warming is totally the product of burning fossil fuels. Does anyone honestly think that all of the politians and big money people are going to sit on the sidelines and go out of business? If you do, you're living in a dream world.

True story, My wife's grandfather worked for GM in the 1960's and saw a carburator for a big-block V-8 that got around 50 MPG, and it was quickly locked up in a safe. And that's just in America, much less in totalian countries like China.

Problem with America are almost never willing to sacrifice for a cause, we like are long trip vacations are big cars, and just overall wastefull lifestyle. I love my country, but we've been sowing the seeds of our own destruction for decades, and it isn't by global warning. Barak Obama, Gearge Bush, Hillary Clinton or John McCain will not be the one to fix our problems, it has to start in our homes and communities by admitting that we have problams like allowing drugs, underage sex, alcohol, lack of work ethic, and lack of self-respect to penatrate our homes and communities. Until we fix what's wrong right in front of our faces, we will not have any hope other affecting change in our country.

As for politic's, well, given the fact that under 1/2 the population usually votes, over 1/2 of the population needs to quit whining about who's in charge. Back to global warming, I said earlier it's happedning, but I believe there's little that can be done about it, especially since I belieive it's been happening for about 4,000 years without much human influence, and it's not even in the top 10 lists of things threatening us in the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you have to say here. As shown here in my previous post

[ QUOTE ]

The way I see it is, if global warming is indeed a fact and is really caused by CO2 emission then there is absolutely no way that we as a country, or a world even, will be able to make the changes necessary to counteract the damage already inflicted. Making all of the necessary changes costs a lot of money. Most of the people that can afford to "Go Green" are too spoiled or they just don’t care enough to make the changes, and then you have everyone else that couldn’t afford it even if they wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too think that that Global warming is indeed happening. I’m not so sure about the 4000 years, but I do think that our perfuse emission of CO2 are having an adverse effect on the environment. I just do not see any way for our culture to change enough to reverse any of these effects and still be able to sustain itself.