Fred Thompson dropping from republican ballot

CAVALIERS2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

My personal favorite minds well drop out (John Edwards)

Oh well....I guess im a Clinton fan now...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a republican myself. Edwards is the only democrat that I really like. I like Obama a lot more than I do Clinton. I think at this point I am for McCain.

• 2 weeks later...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

if people would honestly get the initial thought of Obama being black and muslim, they could realize that he is a good candidate. some people are just blinded by first thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if people would honestly get the initial thought of Obama being black and muslim, they could realize that he is a good candidate. some people are just blinded by first thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a supporter of Barack Hussien Obama. Yes, that is his real name. The thing is, i can not support a man who is not truthful to the people. Obama skirts around talking about his religon and his upbringing. Right now, if you ask any muslim, they will say Obama is muslim as well. and well technically he is, he went to Muslim school early in his childhood. But Barack at one point says he has no religon, well how can the man take an oath with his hand on the bible?

secondly, he has very little background in foreign affairs. he has only been a senator for 4 years in the state of illinois. to me that is too little time for me to be seriously considering him to be a presidential candidate.

Barack obama opposes the war, and right now we can not leave. The people in Iraq and afganistan havent so why should we give up on them? Truth be told, this is a war against jihadism. Jihadism believe that their main goal is to turn the whole world in to believing in islam. They were once focused on the war in Israel but now it has gravitated to europe and america with their terrorist attacks. not to mention the ones that were thwarted, i think about 6 in the US last year... This is a war that places the good of the western world, against the good of the jihadists... meaning the freedom of religon and democracy compared to the full support of Islam.

The thing is, we americans want to pull out because we no longer realize that freedom of speech, religon, and democracy are not a luxury but an earned priviledge. We need to show people that our way is the right way, and push forward in this war...

This war may last generations, and can not be supported by just one political party. It will take a bipartisan effort to complete the task at hand... however, i cant see that with obama. He is too set for "change" and is too far liberal to ever bring the two sides together. The hatred of him is too great to overcome. (there is some good that could come out of this war, self-effiency, getting rid of jihadists, boost in economy) the thing is, most of the young voters are voting for him because they are misinformed and are following the fad. I however am not, and heres why:

Obama has little experince.

Obama wants to allow illegal immigrants to become citizens, even if they entered illegally.

Obama wants to allow cities that "harbor" illegals with city laws to stay intact and keep the illegals.

Obama wants universal health care coverage... Has anyone seen canada lately? People wait YEARS to get drugs... and guess what... they have universal health care... and he wants to raise taxes to get the money...

He supports civil unions. Moral issue there with me.

Abortion. He agrees with killing a child all the time, i do not. I do understand there are some cases where it needs to be done. (rape, incest)

he supports global warming and the fact that our emmissions are warming up the climate. (quick fact: between 1940 and 1970 was the industrial rev. during that time CO2 emissions shot up, in turn we would expect the temp to go up to right? wrong. It didnt go up, it didnt stay the same. it went down.) he wants to increase taxes on those who have a large "carbon footprint" lol.

He does not want to spend time looking for illegal drugs in the Us. maybe thats because he smoked it plenty before.

I disagree with having a timetable to get troops out of iraq. thats suicide for those citizens.

I am informed.

personally I love the conservative thinking of Huckabee... mix that in with the ability to inspire some democrats already and his great economic prowess, (check out arkansas tax system)

Barack Hussein Obama has had my ear, and i think he comes across as a phony and fake, he DOES NOT have my vote.

[ QUOTE ]

im glad you are informed. many people are not. thats what is stupid. many people see his skin color or hear of his faith and rule him out. i like'a you beavertail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I look deeper into candidates than their initial skin color, but faith does play a major factor in my decision on a particular person. This country was built on faith, and personally, faith plays a large role in my life. I want a president who will run the country in it's best interest, but I also would like them to share the same faith and beliefs I have. I understand that not everyone will agree with my opinion and I accept that, but the faith of a presidential candidate carries about the same weight as border control, the economy, and even the war. Obviously, there is really no perfect candidate and it is impossible to agree 100% with a politician, but I do factor in faith along with the other issues to help make my decision on who I support.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

im glad you are informed. many people are not. thats what is stupid. many people see his skin color or hear of his faith and rule him out. i like'a you beavertail.

[/ QUOTE ]

none of us will ever all agree on a candidate... but the good thing is that we can discuss it and become more informed... unfortunately 50% of the voting population will vote not because of issues but because of skin color, looks, or peer pressure... and then there is always P. diddy and oprah as well lol...

it is pathetic but that is what a good portion of the population will do. most black voters will see a black man and vote for him without knowing of his stance on anything. most white voters will see a black man and completely rule him out of a possible vote. most men will look at a woman and completely rule out a vote. if people were to take more time into things, elections would be far different.

Obama isn't "black"...the Clinton's are "blacker" than Obama.

As for skin color, Obama has made the comment several times when its been mentioned that he will get the "black vote"..."don't vote for me because I'm black, vote for me because you agree with my stance on the issues"...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a supporter of Barack Hussien Obama. Yes, that is his real name. The thing is, i can not support a man who is not truthful to the people. Obama skirts around talking about his religon and his upbringing. Right now, if you ask any muslim, they will say Obama is muslim as well. and well technically he is, he went to Muslim school early in his childhood. But Barack at one point says he has no religon, well how can the man take an oath with his hand on the bible?

secondly, he has very little background in foreign affairs. he has only been a senator for 4 years in the state of illinois. to me that is too little time for me to be seriously considering him to be a presidential candidate.

Barack obama opposes the war, and right now we can not leave. The people in Iraq and afganistan havent so why should we give up on them? Truth be told, this is a war against jihadism. Jihadism believe that their main goal is to turn the whole world in to believing in islam. They were once focused on the war in Israel but now it has gravitated to europe and america with their terrorist attacks. not to mention the ones that were thwarted, i think about 6 in the US last year... This is a war that places the good of the western world, against the good of the jihadists... meaning the freedom of religon and democracy compared to the full support of Islam.

The thing is, we americans want to pull out because we no longer realize that freedom of speech, religon, and democracy are not a luxury but an earned priviledge. We need to show people that our way is the right way, and push forward in this war...

This war may last generations, and can not be supported by just one political party. It will take a bipartisan effort to complete the task at hand... however, i cant see that with obama. He is too set for "change" and is too far liberal to ever bring the two sides together. The hatred of him is too great to overcome. (there is some good that could come out of this war, self-effiency, getting rid of jihadists, boost in economy) the thing is, most of the young voters are voting for him because they are misinformed and are following the fad. I however am not, and heres why:

Obama has little experince.

Obama wants to allow illegal immigrants to become citizens, even if they entered illegally.

Obama wants to allow cities that "harbor" illegals with city laws to stay intact and keep the illegals.

Obama wants universal health care coverage... Has anyone seen canada lately? People wait YEARS to get drugs... and guess what... they have universal health care... and he wants to raise taxes to get the money...

He supports civil unions. Moral issue there with me.

Abortion. He agrees with killing a child all the time, i do not. I do understand there are some cases where it needs to be done. (rape, incest)

he supports global warming and the fact that our emmissions are warming up the climate. (quick fact: between 1940 and 1970 was the industrial rev. during that time CO2 emissions shot up, in turn we would expect the temp to go up to right? wrong. It didnt go up, it didnt stay the same. it went down.) he wants to increase taxes on those who have a large "carbon footprint" lol.

He does not want to spend time looking for illegal drugs in the Us. maybe thats because he smoked it plenty before.

I disagree with having a timetable to get troops out of iraq. thats suicide for those citizens.

I am informed.

personally I love the conservative thinking of Huckabee... mix that in with the ability to inspire some democrats already and his great economic prowess, (check out arkansas tax system)

Barack Hussein Obama has had my ear, and i think he comes across as a phony and fake, he DOES NOT have my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make all of these accusations but I'd love to see you back it up with actual facts and quotations. I really doubt you can, but feel free to prove me wrong.

From what I've read into what you and others have said in this thread, you'll vote for anyone who claims that they will run an administration that is exactly to the principles of Christianity.

[ QUOTE ]

From what I've read into what you and others have said in this thread, you'll vote for anyone who claims that they will run an administration that is exactly to the principles of Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people's lives, including mine, are driven by the morals and faith of Christianity. If we follow these principles for our daily routines then why would we change when selecting a president?

Also, just an example but note that Beavertail provides instances where he understands that abortions would/should be necessary. There are many people out there who are way more conservative on that topic and find no reasons for such things, basing their views COMPLETELY on Christianity.

I will not vote republican this year. The last thing this country needs is another republican to dig us into an even deeper hole of debt that we will never get out of. Clinton got us somewhat out of the hole the first Bush boy got us into, and now I wish luck on whoever takes the throne after the present Bush boy gets off.

[ QUOTE ]

quick fact: between 1940 and 1970 was the industrial rev. during that time CO2 emissions shot up, in turn we would expect the temp to go up to right? wrong. It didnt go up, it didnt stay the same. it went down.) he wants to increase taxes on those who have a large "carbon footprint" lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you find this "fact"? I would be interested in reading the article that this came from.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I will not vote republican this year. The last thing this country needs is another republican to dig us into an even deeper hole of debt that we will never get out of. Clinton got us somewhat out of the hole the first Bush boy got us into, and now I wish luck on whoever takes the throne after the present Bush boy gets off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can understand that, but you should look into what Mitt romney and Huckabee have done in their respective states as governor...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obama has little experince. 4 years as a state senator

Obama wants to allow illegal immigrants to become citizens, even if they entered illegally. obama says...Millions of undocumented immigrants live and work here without our knowing their identity or their background. We need to strike a workable bargain with them.

Obama wants to allow cities that "harbor" illegals with city laws to stay intact and keep the illegals. Voted NO to amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to facilitate information sharing between federal and local law enforcement officials related to an individual's immigration status. (so the cities would not have to answer to feds)

Obama wants universal health care coverage... Has anyone seen canada lately? People wait YEARS to get drugs... and guess what... they have universal health care... and he wants to raise taxes to get the money...The time has come for universal health care in America," Obama said at a conference of Families USA, a health care advocacy group. "I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country."

He supports civil unions. Moral issue there with me. Checked YES in response a Human Rights Campaign questionaire asking if the candidate "Supports civil unions for same-sex couples."

Abortion. He agrees with killing a child all the time, i do not. I do understand there are some cases where it needs to be done. (rape, incest) obama says: A woman's ability to decide how many children to have and when, without interference from the government, is one of the most fundamental rights we possess. It is not just an issue of choice, but equality and opportunity for all women also...Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education and contraceptives. Vote to adopt an amendment to the Senate's 2006 Fiscal Year Budget that allocates $100 million for the prevention of unintended pregnancies.

He does not want to spend time looking for illegal drugs in the Us. maybe thats because he smoked it plenty before. obama:"I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources."

I disagree with having a timetable to get troops out of iraq. thats suicide for those citizens. obama:I think we can be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in. But we have to send a clear message to the Iraqi government as well as to the surrounding neighbors that there is no military solution to the problems that we face in Iraq. So we have to begin a phased withdrawal; have our combat troops out by March 31st of next year; and initiate the kind of diplomatic surge that is necessary in these surrounding regions to make sure that everybody is carrying their weight.

I am informed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make all of these accusations but I'd love to see you back it up with actual facts and quotations. I really doubt you can, but feel free to prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

here you go sources... in the above bold.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

quick fact: between 1940 and 1970 was the industrial rev. during that time CO2 emissions shot up, in turn we would expect the temp to go up to right? wrong. It didnt go up, it didnt stay the same. it went down.) he wants to increase taxes on those who have a large "carbon footprint" lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you find this "fact"? I would be interested in reading the article that this came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

its in a book. once i can find a scanner ill put it on here...

and ive found numerous articles talking about the time period from 1940-1970, but it doeesnt do it justice without the graph...

[ QUOTE ]

none of us will ever all agree on a candidate... but the good thing is that we can discuss it and become more informed... unfortunately 50% of the voting population will vote not because of issues but because of skin color, looks, or peer pressure... and then there is always P. diddy and oprah as well lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

ajc.com > Metro

Georgia voter turnout breaks record

Voters cast more than 1.9 million ballots, reach historic numbers

By JIM GALLOWAY

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/06/08

Tuesday's turnout for the Georgia presidential primary was a record-breaking 44 percent of active registered voters, Secretary of State Karen Handel confirmed.

With 94 percent of precincts reporting voters cast more than 1.9 million ballots, Handel said Wednesday.

Of those, 52 percent were cast in the Democratic primary, according to the totals on the secretary of state's web site.

"Georgians voted in historic numbers yesterday. Turnout in our state has been very low in past years, so it's a very positive sign that so many Georgians made the time to exercise one of our most important rights," Handel said in a press release.

Previously, the record turnout for a presidential primary in Georgia dated back to 1988, when the Rev. Jesse Jackson was on the Democratic ballot, and won with nearly 40 percent of the vote. Turnout was 40 percent, with 1 million voters participating.

Handel reported that Georgians are getting more accustomed to early voting. Nearly 248,000 mailed in their absentee ballots or cast early ballots at designated locations —five times as many as in the 2004 presidential primary.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its in a book. once i can find a scanner ill put it on here...

and ive found numerous articles talking about the time period from 1940-1970, but it doeesnt do it justice without the graph...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the name of the book? Ill see if I can find it here in the library...