Bill Clinton in Abingdon.

Ryan4VT

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Jack Nickolas in a few good men,"You cant handle the truth"!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not only the greatest golfer of all time but he was nominated for an Oscar for his role in the movie...

Nicklaus78AP_299x399.jpgnicholson_jack.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps, my bad gman. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Just yanking your chain a little...LOL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill was in Blacksburg last night, and from what I could see the crowd was not as big as the one that I saw waiting to get in to the new Olive Garden at the Christiansburg Mall.

Is this a great country or what?

[ QUOTE ]

Bill was in Blacksburg last night, and from what I could see the crowd was not as big as the one that I saw waiting to get in to the new Olive Garden at the Christiansburg Mall.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've been lined up at Olive Garden for over a month.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be wrong but i dont think Bill can cook

[ QUOTE ]

Ok ive held this in for several years now and I think its about time i speak whats on my mind. You all want to know what i think is wrong with this country its people like Tid Bit. Bush is too me anyway one of the best presidents that this country has ever had he has done things for this country that have helped us in the long run. Let me tell you something these folks that want to go around complaining over the president here is the great thing about the United States you can pack your stuff up and get out and you dont have to deal with it anymore. I myself want a president that is gonna stand up to those that are a danger not only too us but the rest of the world. I cant believe all the people that trash the man that runs this country i dont care what party the president is I will still support whoever it is. Why because they are the president of the country that I love so very much and when people start supporting the president instead of degrading everything he does or says the better off we will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with what you just said. Tid-Bit answer me this. What if Bush hadnt declared war on Iraq and waited til there was an attack on U.S. grounds? Then what would you have to say about it. Either way it is a lose-lose situation. And those soldiers knew what they were getting into when they decided they wanted to defend this country and i am sure most of them died proudly.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monica said he prefered to "eat out"! LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok ive held this in for several years now and I think its about time i speak whats on my mind. You all want to know what i think is wrong with this country its people like Tid Bit. Bush is too me anyway one of the best presidents that this country has ever had he has done things for this country that have helped us in the long run. Let me tell you something these folks that want to go around complaining over the president here is the great thing about the United States you can pack your stuff up and get out and you dont have to deal with it anymore. I myself want a president that is gonna stand up to those that are a danger not only too us but the rest of the world. I cant believe all the people that trash the man that runs this country i dont care what party the president is I will still support whoever it is. Why because they are the president of the country that I love so very much and when people start supporting the president instead of degrading everything he does or says the better off we will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with what you just said. Tid-Bit answer me this. What if Bush hadnt declared war on Iraq and waited til there was an attack on U.S. grounds? Then what would you have to say about it. Either way it is a lose-lose situation. And those soldiers knew what they were getting into when they decided they wanted to defend this country and i am sure most of them died proudly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Sadam had the means by which to attack us. LOL thats rich!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monica said he prefered to "eat out"! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg thats so horrible! But so funny at the same time. Lmao

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also sure that all died senselessly!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also sure that all died senselessly!

[/ QUOTE ]

None of them have died senselessly, they are fighting for what we fought for a little over 200 years ago. Freedom. Liberty. Justice. Peace. Democracy. These are priviledges, not luxuries. Some of us Americans have forgotten that. MANY MANY soldiers died to give us those things, why should we let people come on our soil and take it away?

point of the matter is no soldier has died senselessly... here is a good read about it...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/73364

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Glad we found those Wepons of Mass Destruction!

[/ QUOTE ]

just take the time to think about what those people are going through... the reasons we fought to get out of Britian are almost silly compared to the people over there. The jihads run thier lives. at any time they could die, terrorist attacks happen every day over there. People really did die senselessly. Sometimes it not just about finding some inatimate object. sometimes its about protecting people who can not protect themselves. Those people need our help. I know it is hard to comprehend, but once again they do not have the same rights as we do. If there was a message board like this over there, and they were found talking bad about their leader, they would be as good as dead. Sometimes we have to lend a helping hand...

and before you say no we shouldnt cause others dont, we are fighting this war along with 43 other countries now... its not just our battle anymore... the citizens need us, and them just to stay alive.

The declared War On Terrorism was a good idea at first, but now it isnt helping anything. We destroyed a country and are now having to send more people in there to fix it up. My cousin, a contractor with a family consisting of a wife and three young children, was in the Navy reserves and was ordered to Iraq to build back up a city. While he and other people were on site building things, unarmed and helpless, they were attacked leaving two of those men dead. They were not fighting, they were just cleaning up the mess that good ole George W. got us into. We had a mission to get Sadam, we did. He is gone and yet we are still sending in troops with a death wish. We are not even fighting countries of people that are against us. We are fighting a small group of people that are scattered across those countries and meanwhile destroying the least bit of economy the country itself had established.

So anytime two countries are fighting, or a [censored]-tater is ruling over a country inproperly, the US should step in?

So we send US troops (my cousin is currently over there now) to stop the terrorisim and the wrong things that are happening over there. and then when we pull out they'll be doing the exact same thing. Fighting among themselves once again..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Thats exactly whats going on...

if this issue were about helping regular people out, we would be in Sudan right now. The people of Sudan are experiencing things 10 times worse than what Hitler was doing to Jews and others. Have we stepped in? No. This has been going on for quite some time now the U.S. government hasnt done a thing, probably because they are too caught up in terrorism wars and steroids in professional sports.

trust me...my brother-in-law was in BAGHDAD AIRPORT...so it hits sorta close here...but yes it was a necessary fight to do...and we cant just get out...thats the thing most people dont realize...they say why not just pull out every troop...it cant be done...if that happens..the country will go right back to where it was...straight to hell in a handbasket...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

So anytime two countries are fighting, or a dictator is ruling over a country inproperly, the US should step in?

So we send US troops (my cousin is currently over there now) to stop the terrorisim and the wrong things that are happening over there. and then when we pull out they'll be doing the exact same thing. Fighting among themselves once again..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

Thats exactly whats going on...

[/ QUOTE ]

since you didnt read the article, here are some facts about what we are doing in afganistan...

School enrollment, in fact, has increased to more than 5 million children over the past five years. Land mines are being cleared, the press is relatively free (if under attack by religious conservatives) and telecommunication is booming.

Earlier this year the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission conducted a survey in 32 out of 34 provinces in Afghanistan, and found that nearly 80 percent of Afghans polled said that they felt optimistic about the future. Nearly 80 percent.

lets not forget people like getmoneys cousin has rebuilt most of the cities, including high rise walls to prevent attacks. but getmoney, you should realize that what your cousin experienced is only what the citizens go through every day and probably on a whole lot smaller scale. Innocent people getting killed was an every day thing for citizens there, until miltary troops arrived.

as for Sudan, well the UN is working on it right now. I believe there are peacekeeping troops in Darfur. Also, this is a political debate, (if they ever quit cutting themselves and the other parties down) on whether to send troops to Sudan. Your man Obama wants nothing to do with it...

I realize that we cant pull out everyone in an instant...it does take time. However, nothing is being done. We are sending people in, not pulling people out. I am not one of those people who cant grasp the fact that getting people takes more than a snap of fingers, but nothing is being done. We have accomplished our goal in finding and killing a dictator and yet we are still there. Not making sense.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

the U.S. government hasnt done a thing, probably because they are too caught up in terrorism wars and steroids in professional sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you can blame the democrats in Congress on that one... Name one thing Nancy Pelosi and her majority have done since the election that they promised? Besides changing the menu from meatloaf to mahi mahi...

yes I realize that. As far as this election goes, Obama isnt my man. You are my man, Tail, if anyone. I just think we need someone who isnt an elephant. A republican is that last thing this country needs. Another fool to dig us into more and more debt. So if anyone were to get my vote, it would be Obama simply because I will not cast Republican because I feel our country cant handle anymore.

If I want one thing to come from Congress it is to get out of the professional sports problems happening. There are FAR more important things to be concerned over than whether someone is juicing up in a locker room before the Yanks/Sox game.