Bill Clinton in Abingdon.

Ryan4VT

But I can blame the US mastermind (dub-ya) for getting in way over his head. Beavertail you probly would know the date. How long after we invaded Iraq was DubYa seen on that AirCraft carrier with the banner that said "Mission Accomplished" ?

And how low are DubYa's approval ratings? Even though those really don't matter with him attacking Iraq, How many americans agree with his decision? Not many I would say

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

yes I realize that. As far as this election goes, Obama isnt my man. You are my man, Tail, if anyone. I just think we need someone who isnt an elephant. A republican is that last thing this country needs. Another fool to dig us into more and more debt. So if anyone were to get my vote, it would be Obama simply because I will not cast Republican because I feel our country cant handle anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

and here is where i want to point something out... Getmoney, I can understand completely where you are coming from when it comes to the economic problem. To me, im not worried about it, but thats another story. ive never been wound up in money that much even though i can be tight spender. lol.

But i think this war is going to last much longer than ever expected at first. Mainly because of the people and the jihads. It is a battle of good notions like i said earlier. the jihadists are thinking they are doing what they are supposed to, as do we with our thinking of freedoms and democracy. So in order to successfully defeat this war, it HAS to be bipartisan. In order to do so, it is gonna take a Presidential candidate that is not too far right, or too far left. And right now, that looks to be both republican candidates.

Now, Getmoney, since you are concerned with the economy you really should look into Huckabee. A lot of Conservatives do not agree with his approach saying it is too Liberal. Well it might be, but it did work. But if most of the country can agree on one candidate, and find middle ground instead of going farther right or left, we CAN succeed. But the farther we are pulling ourselves apart the more we hurt our country. we need a president that can bring us together, and that surely isn't Hillary, as the hate for her is too great. Obama, could be a good man, but he has no experience for a job like this. only 4 years in the senate hurts him.

so i ask you, not just getmoney, but all of you, we need to find the middle ground, and work for compromises, instead of further distancing these 2 parties apart. By doing so we are splitting a great nation...

and rocks... Bush's approval rating is like 4 times higher than congress, whose is like 17% last i heard...

War is always a bad thing, but people neglect to open their eyes and see the good that the United States of America is doing. We are the Iraqi's only hope. It is never really understood until you see it for yourself, so I will post a couple pictures so you all can get a grasp on some of the good that happens over there. You sure won't see these in the news...

34994698.26saddam14.l.jpg

34994692._39079949_15_celebrate.jpg

34994737.hero1.jpg

34994778.Picture4.jpg

34994777.Picture2.jpg

34994743.IM000051.JPG

I cant believe i actually found a couple people that agree with me. Everywhere i go i hear bring our men and women home what people fail to see is that the job was not just to get one man it was to help the folks over there if we had just gotten the one guy and left the place would be in the same mess it was when he ran the country. We need a president that like you guys said sits right in the middle and both can agree upon him. Hilary is hated by too many people for her to get it its not because she is a woman or anything like that its just because people just dont like her and never will. Obama is one im not really sure about i mean some the the stuff he says im like wow that guy could run the country and do a great job at it then other times im like wow this guy has no idea what he is doing. Still not sure who to vote for all the canidates have there flaws in my opinion still anyones race. I just hope whoever it is finishes the war and doesnt just pull our guys out without making sure the people over there are safe or otherwise the men and women that have died in this war died for nothing because things would go back to the way they were before it started maybe even worse.

Guest JJBrickface

Ok dont make fun of me but I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight. They built a new house for a soldier who fought in Iraq. During the war he hurt his leg and they had to amputate it. I dont know how many times in the show he stated that if he had to do it all over again he would. The soldiers in Iraq want to win and they are winning. THey are the best of the best. We have to support them and the mission.

good job JJ. The soldiers in Iraq and other places need some of us to stop protesting and start praying. This is crazy, the ones on here that can see through what CNN and other media groups want us to see can say go get them troops and we are praying for your safe return. You can say what you want on this board because an american soldier. So shut up about the troops being killed for no reason and start thanking everyone of them. They sign up for a job that most of us do not want and then we sit here and complain and complain and complain. Shut up get off the boards and go do something nice for one of their families.

SORRY but I had to say it.

I was planning to join the military. I wanted to for a very long time. However, I have asthma, im colorblind, and I have a birth defect in my feet so even on just one of those conditions, I cant get in. If it isnt one of those, its another. Dont try to tell me that I am not thanking them or that I do not know what they are getting into. I was completely prepared and anxious to go into the service but the way I was born and the 35% breathing capacity Ive developed has prevented that. I have a friend who just got home from being shot in the face in Afghanistan. I tell him everytime I see him how thankful I am for his service, the same goes for my cousin who was shot at while unarmed.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok ive held this in for several years now and I think its about time i speak whats on my mind. You all want to know what i think is wrong with this country its people like Tid Bit. Bush is too me anyway one of the best presidents that this country has ever had he has done things for this country that have helped us in the long run. Let me tell you something these folks that want to go around complaining over the president here is the great thing about the United States you can pack your stuff up and get out and you dont have to deal with it anymore. I myself want a president that is gonna stand up to those that are a danger not only too us but the rest of the world. I cant believe all the people that trash the man that runs this country i dont care what party the president is I will still support whoever it is. Why because they are the president of the country that I love so very much and when people start supporting the president instead of degrading everything he does or says the better off we will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has done his share of good and bad things but you're seriously misinformed if you consider him one of the best presidents ever. To me, it sounds like you're a supporter of totaltarianism or a dictatorship.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ok ive held this in for several years now and I think its about time i speak whats on my mind. You all want to know what i think is wrong with this country its people like Tid Bit. Bush is too me anyway one of the best presidents that this country has ever had he has done things for this country that have helped us in the long run. Let me tell you something these folks that want to go around complaining over the president here is the great thing about the United States you can pack your stuff up and get out and you dont have to deal with it anymore. I myself want a president that is gonna stand up to those that are a danger not only too us but the rest of the world. I cant believe all the people that trash the man that runs this country i dont care what party the president is I will still support whoever it is. Why because they are the president of the country that I love so very much and when people start supporting the president instead of degrading everything he does or says the better off we will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush has done his share of good and bad things but you're seriously misinformed if you consider him one of the best presidents ever. To me, it sounds like you're a supporter of totaltarianism or a dictatorship.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you would get im a supporter for a dictatorship but thats the beauty about this country you have your opinion and I have mine.

yessir, Mr. Rocks. Im not completely colorblind, but I havent seen green my entire life and cant tell the difference between blue and purple. Also there are other colors that get mixed up, but I dont feel like getting into all of that.

Getting back to supporting troops, I dont believe there are too many people who dont support the troops. Many people are not in favor of the war and if those same people are not supporting troops, well that is there problem. The thing is, enlisting in the military doesnt mean you are joining to fight wars. Most people join for opportunity after their service, that is the reason I was joining, and others join because they want to make a career of it. Hardly any service member joins their branch looking forward to fighting in a foreign country so no one should ever put blame on them. I supported my friend and my cousin because I know that it truly wasnt their decision to go into that country and fight but it was their duty that they needed to serve. People can be as opposed as they want to be to the wars, I am one of them, but in my own opinion, you should support those who are fighting.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know where you would get im a supporter for a dictatorship but thats the beauty about this country you have your opinion and I have mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got the impression from your first post that George Bush could invade Canada, citing reasons such WMDs or funding terrorism, and you'd be completely in favor of it.

Canada does not have a ruler that is killing innocent people every day just because they do something that he doesnt like. Canada is not a threat to any country that I know of so no there would be no reason to go to war with them. The things that were going on in iraq needed to be taken care of and now they are. The people of iraq and the US will be a little better off after all of this is finished.

[ QUOTE ]

yessir, Mr. Rocks. Im not completely colorblind, but I havent seen green my entire life and cant tell the difference between blue and purple. Also there are other colors that get mixed up, but I dont feel like getting into all of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I didnt know that...that sucks

So do you know what color green is? i mean...well....do you know what i mean. Do you know what green looks like?

[ QUOTE ]

Canada does not have a ruler that is killing innocent people every day just because they do something that he doesnt like. Canada is not a threat to any country that I know of so no there would be no reason to go to war with them. The things that were going on in iraq needed to be taken care of and now they are. The people of iraq and the US will be a little better off after all of this is finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

So were looking at possibly another 3-4 years...

[ QUOTE ]

Most people join for opportunity after their service, that is the reason I was joining, and others join because they want to make a career of it. Hardly any service member joins their branch looking forward to fighting in a foreign country so no one should ever put blame on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then maybe we should blame the recruiters that make the military look like a free ride to all of these opportunities, instead of painting a true picture of war and the duties that a soldier is signing up for.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you know what color green is? i mean...well....do you know what i mean. Do you know what green looks like?

[/ QUOTE ]

What color does my name appear to be on the left hand side of my post?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to tell you this but if we're invading countries for the sole reason of stopping genocide then we're way behind because this happens all over the world, Darfur for example, and the US hasn't raised a legitimate finger to help those people. The war in Iraq was politically motivated because A) The value and scarcity of oil will rise dramatically over the next several decades as India and China's economies become more developed, therefore more of their citizens buy cars and demand/prices rise. The US having a major military presence in the Middle East gives them some control and influence over the oil. B) The Middle East is becoming an increasingly hostile region in the world and has been for some time and the US wanted to establish a major military base in the region so that it could potentially control such enemies as Iran if military action becomes mandatory (just as the US set up bases/missle silos in Turkey on the border of the USSR during the Cold War). The unfortunate truth is that "one of the best presidents" lied to the American people about the war, fabricated amazing tales of weapons of mass destruction (5 years and they've yet to be found) that Saddam Hussein had and could potentially strike the US with, and fabricated a war using the victims of 9/11 as prophaganda to make it appear necessary.

I do support the U.S. troops stationed in Iraq and what sacrifices they've made, but it doesn't change the fact that I do not believe in the reason why they're over there. George Bush is a terrible president and has done more in his 8 years to hurt the perception of the U.S. with his questionable policies, diplomacy, and general disregard for the overall well being of the United States.

Everyone who joins the service knows that there is the risk of being sent off to a war, but what im saying is that hardly anyone joins expecting to be fighting. The military provides many, many opportunities for people during and after their term. I will agree with you that recruiters will not hardly mention the fact of war and fighting and that death is a great possibility, however, the same goes for most everyday jobs. If you go to an interview, the employer will most likely inform you of the perks and benefits of the job you are applying for and probably not even mention the amount of stress it could toll on you. Either way, with military or regular employment, there are risks and rewards.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What color does my name appear to be on the left hand side of my post?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not really. Ive never seen green. Mainly I get it confused with red(grass looks red), but sometimes I confuse it with grey(green in the crayon box looks grey) or brown.

If I had to guess what color it is, i'd say yellow.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to tell you this but if we're invading countries for the sole reason of stopping genocide then we're way behind because this happens all over the world, Darfur for example, and the US hasn't raised a legitimate finger to help those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. they have had troops over there on the ground for awhile now. almost two years ago, (feb 16 2006) President Bush called for 7000 troops to go in and help NATO and the african troops... dont believe me? here is the link... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/17/AR2006021701935.html

so i guess this disputes the rest of your argument as well...