who's headed where

WeAreMarshall

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking the same to someone....they were supposed to find out and post. It was mentioned at the HS banquet he had been invited to "walk on" at VT. He's a great kid w/mucho desire and fortitude.

[ QUOTE ]

Nope, Wicks will be wearing Cornholio's old number next year as a WASPER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane will be signing with E&H on April 10th at RHS library.

One thing about the Wasps, they are getting a FINE young man who happens to be one of the BEST football players to ever wear a Blues uniform!!!

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

preferred walk-on

[/ QUOTE ]

This means...

"Son, you're not good enough for us to give you a scholarship but if you want to play, we prefer that you try out as a walk-on."

Preferred Walk-On means you were contacted and looked at and asked to walk on. A lot of DI schools do this so they don't have to give the kid a scholarship if things don't pan out. However, a lot of athletes that do this do earn one by the time they are juniors and seniors.

[ QUOTE ]

Preferred Walk-On means you were contacted and looked at and asked to walk on. A lot of DI schools do this so they don't have to give the kid a scholarship if things don't pan out. However, a lot of athletes that do this do earn one by the time they are juniors and seniors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, Mr Serious??? Is that what it means???

In the grand scheme of things, VERY FEW walk-ons earn scholarships...maybe 1 out of every 10 or 12 players...but that all depends on attrition and ability...

True, but i've known a few to earn scholarships. Marrs at UT has a chance as a junior or senior if he is "THE" long snapper. I thought you didn't know what it meant, I was just stating what it was. But after I seen your reply I see you were being sarcastic.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, Mr Serious??? Is that what it means???

In the grand scheme of things, VERY FEW walk-ons earn scholarships...maybe 1 out of every 10 or 12 players...but that all depends on attrition and ability...

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to TV at all, but I can't really say that they had anyone on their football team that really impressed me. I can see someone getting the offer to walk on, but Concord isn't doing so hot......so oh well.

By the way, Adam Hughes of Princeton earned his scholarship for his senior year at WVU recently. He was a walk-on.

[ QUOTE ]

Concord is still D-2 which is probably better than you could ever get in your exsistence

[/ QUOTE ]

lol......and you nothing about me chief. I could probably put you on your can....me knowing nothing about you made my comment sound as stupid as yours. Although I'd probably bet on it.

[ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt that

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't! You can't tell me that you think the TV panthers are popping out great football players. I mean no harm to them. They are a basketball school. I would hope they make a turn in football.

i was talkin about you puttin me on my can...but just because they dont pop out good players year in and year out doesnt mean that good talent cant come around once in a while

How can you doubt that? You have no idea of my size or strength! It's a blind comment. But anyway, I simply said no offense to TV but noone there impressed me enough to play college ball. You said it's D2 blah blah better than you could get blah blah. How the hell do you know? I'm sure it's better than you can get....hell I don't know you, but that is stupid.

[ QUOTE ]

How can you doubt that? You have no idea of my size or strength! It's a blind comment. But anyway, I simply said no offense to TV but noone there impressed me enough to play college ball. You said it's D2 blah blah better than you could get blah blah. How the hell do you know? I'm sure it's better than you can get....hell I don't know you, but that is stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you recruit high school football players for the area colleges?

[ QUOTE ]

i was talkin about you puttin me on my can...but just because they dont pop out good players year in and year out doesnt mean that good talent cant come around once in a while

[/ QUOTE ]

2008 Virginia Tech Spring Roster

65 Matt Baldwin - OT 6' 6" 290 r-Fr. Oakwood, Va. Twin Valley

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/

Yeah, can't forget about big baldwin. and as far for me going to concord i told no one to say anything about it because of this reason. i know that we don't have a very successful football team. But with 13 to 18 players every year what can you do? A choice few have worked hard such as Baldwin. And there has been a few football players from TV. Brit Coleman, Frank Stenson, John Jackson, Matt Baldwin, and now I going to at least try. and if you wanting to know the first 3 played at wise.