Graham Vs. Carroll Co.

seth_hill

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding Carrol County's super intendent is the one that canceled the game. Shouldn't Carrol be in the River Ridge anyway. Its just a pain in the *** to play them cause it takes forever to get there from anywhere in the southwest. They are big enough in size and close enough to be in the River Ridge so why not be there

[/ QUOTE ]

the swd is a good district for us though, but also i think we tried to get in the river ridge or the piedmont maybe but things fell through??? idk if thats right but i remember hearing something

You all might have idk. but they let lee drop down to single A because it was such a long drive to get to any of their district games. it takes the same amount of time to get from Abingdon to Carrol as it did to get to lee. If they district tournament is ever held at grundy or carrol, the district will loose money probably. it happened at lee one year and the following year they made va high the site for the tournament.

[ QUOTE ]

lets cry about something we can not change. We are in the SWD so get over it and stop complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ] right on coach!!!! i wish yall would stop complaining about Carroll County bein in the SWD. we are in the SWD until we are moved. if you do like it, dont do sports, or get over it

Actually, I think we should complain about Abingdon being in the SWD. Carroll Co. has been a member of the district for several years now...Abingdon just re-joined after a 20+ year hiatus. I think Carroll Co. has stronger ties to the SWD than Abingdon...

thank you GMan. and you are right. Carroll County has been in the SWD longer than Abingdon.... honestly, during Fball season, i didnt mind the busride to Abingdon, or Graham, or Grundy, or Richlands.... it gave me time to sleep and think about what i had to do...i dont see why they are complaining

Personally i dont think Carrol Co. belongs in the SWD because of travel but where else could the go, from what i know the River Ridge district wont let them in for some reason and they are way to big of a school to drop to single A so it looks they will be in the SWD for a while...

im not gonna lie i always hated going to carroll just cause you never get calls there lol, but weve always played there and they always been in the district so things should stay that way, marion we played twice a year anyways so it might as well be in the district, but the last time i played against abingdon was in middle school but its another game and you get to leave school early so why would ppl complain about that??? be glad you get extra games on your schedule and quit whinning...

just curious tho, how long does it take to get from carroll to grundy?? always wondered that and figured this was the time to ask haha...

haha it takes a good 3 hours not too bad during basketball cuz you got your own seat usually and its on a saturday.. but football games man it straight up sucks.. but really any district we could be put in we'd have to travel a good ways not quite as far as grundy though but thats just 1 game, but i know at least as far as abingdon, tazewell, and richlands which are the farthest besides grundy. i know when went to william byrd this year it took probably 2 hours which is about what it takes to richlands...

[ QUOTE ]

haha it takes a good 3 hours not too bad during basketball cuz you got your own seat usually and its on a saturday.. but football games man it straight up sucks.. but really any district we could be put in we'd have to travel a good ways not quite as far as grundy though but thats just 1 game, but i know at least as far as abingdon, tazewell, and richlands which are the farthest besides grundy. i know when went to william byrd this year it took probably 2 hours which is about what it takes to richlands...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha thanks i was wondering about that... yeah id say riding down there for football did suck...