#1 Tennessee vs. #14 Vanderbilt

hokie07

Vanderbilt is up 4 with 13 minutes left in the game and it is shaping up to be a fantastic finish. It would be a great upset if they could somehow pull it off. I doubt that the Commodores will be able to hold on, personally.

In my opinion, Bruce Pearl doesn't have very much control over his own team. They are running their mouths and acting like punks out there. That makes me lose respect for both Tennessee and Pearl.

Any thoughts?

In my opinion, Bruce Pearl doesn't have very much control over his own team. They are running their mouths and acting like punks out there. That makes me lose respect for both Tennessee and Pearl.

This is what happens when you have never been ranked #1 before. Even though I am not a UNC, Duke and other traditional top ranked powers fan but most of those teams do not act like that because they have been there before,

I totally agree with your point, but that is where Bruce Pearl needs to step in and take control of his team. If they are good enough to deserve their #1 ranking then then they are good enough to act like they have been there even though they haven't. John Calipari, for example, has his Memphis team show great class. Many people always doubt Memphis and play them off as a pretender, but regardless of what the media and the nation thinks Calipari has them at least look like they belong.

[ QUOTE ]

Why isint Vandy allowed to rush the court? That's so homo!

[/ QUOTE ]

They are probably used to beating the #1 team at home. They beat Florida there last year too... But I agree any time someone pulls an upset, rushing the court is a writ of passage.

I believe that is the first issue that you and I have agreed on hokie07.LOL. But you are right about this falls on Coach Pearl because if he can keep his team from being trash talkers before being ranked #1 then he certainty can keep them from being trash talkers while being #1. Just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with your point, but that is where Bruce Pearl needs to step in and take control of his team. If they are good enough to deserve their #1 ranking then then they are good enough to act like they have been there even though they haven't. John Calipari, for example, has his Memphis team show great class. Many people always doubt Memphis and play them off as a pretender, but regardless of what the media and the nation thinks Calipari has them at least look like they belong.

[/ QUOTE ]It's hard to get control of the team when they're 94 feet away. That court is ridiculous lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]It's hard to get control of the team when they're 94 feet away. That court is ridiculous lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played on that court before in the first round of the NIT against Vandy. It's like playing on stage where the first five rows are actually looking up at you and then there's the benches at each end of the court.....very strange enviorment to play basketball.