WVU vs Arizona

sanctagon

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

West Virginia vs. Duke in the 2nd round??? Uh oh...

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time I would ever actually be rooting for WVU 100%...

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes 2 of us... Never in my life have I rooted for either of those schools in anything.

I am so happy to finally potentially getting to see this match-up. All these WVU fans give me hell everytime Duke loses and they tell me that they would love to play Duke because they would kill them. Now it is time for them to put their money where their mouth is and learn what a real basketball team looks like.

The negative mountie....tisk tisk....Arizona has had a tough schedule but somewhat inconsistent and also in a very tough Pac 10. WVU wins a close one.....by 8 I'll say. I want to play Duke.....that would be great to Arizona and Duke.....good recruiting tool.....if we could win those.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont mean to sound arrogant but do you honestly think WVU has the athletes to beat Duke this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok give me your excuse for losing to pitt...anyone can beat anybody. Personally I don't think wvu will beat arizona, so I really have no say in this...but duke is not elite in my opinion...this year....ask paulas how green's jock smelt...lol

[ QUOTE ]

I dont mean to sound arrogant but do you honestly think WVU has the athletes to beat Duke this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is what we have here a bandwagon teenager. who's argument is but we are duke the best athletes in the world?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke may be more athletic overall, but WVU has some real muscle on the inside with Alexander, Smalligan and Flowers. De'Sean Butler has been playing real well lately. We just need Darris and Alex to start lighting it up from 3 soon. I think that will be a real good matchup and I honestly picked WVU. Not because I am a huge fan, but if Alexander plays well and his supporting cast do their parts, WVU is a real dangerous team.

[ QUOTE ]

I bet it kinda tasted like losing your national championship hopes to a bitter rival, at home, while being what..28 point favorites? Yeah...a little something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or losing to a Kansas team whereas every VT fan thought that Kansas should not have even been on the same field as the mighty Hokies.

Guest JJBrickface

What is so athletic about Greg Paulus, Singler, and Scheyer?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I bet it kinda tasted like losing your national championship hopes to a bitter rival, at home, while being what..28 point favorites? Yeah...a little something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or losing to a Kansas team whereas every VT fan thought that Kansas should not have even been on the same field as the mighty Hokies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a VT or WVU fan, so dont think I made that remark because of my "fanhood" towards Tech. I just made it because 72 made a simple statement and raiders had to get smart with his reply.

[ QUOTE ]

What is so athletic about Greg Paulus, Singler, and Scheyer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the possible WVU-Duke matchup could be the first time that WVU could be more athletic than their opponent in a long time.

[ QUOTE ]

How is it a home game for WVU. They don't play in the Verizon Center do they? I thought they played in Morgantown. Stupid me!

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably refering to travel distant for the fans...meaning that WV could possibly bring alot of fans due to the relative short distance.

[ QUOTE ]

Ok give me your excuse for losing to pitt...anyone can beat anybody. Personally I don't think wvu will beat arizona, so I really have no say in this...but duke is not elite in my opinion...this year....ask paulas how green's jock smelt...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

ask green about washington..haha

[ QUOTE ]

How is it a home game for WVU. They don't play in the Verizon Center do they? I thought they played in Morgantown. Stupid me!

[/ QUOTE ] yep stupid you. i guess a team on the other side of the US would have a advantage over a team thats maybe 2 hrs away

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke may be more athletic overall, but WVU has some real muscle on the inside with Alexander, Smalligan and Flowers. De'Sean Butler has been playing real well lately. We just need Darris and Alex to start lighting it up from 3 soon. I think that will be a real good matchup and I honestly picked WVU. Not because I am a huge fan, but if Alexander plays well and his supporting cast do their parts, WVU is a real dangerous team.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why the Alexander-Nelson matchup would be very intriguing...the best 2 athletes on the floor squaring off on each other.