VT a #1 seed in NIT

Ryan4VT

$15 tix to the game is damn cheap!! I don't care if the seating is Gen. Adm. or not. I'm just happy to go for that price. I wish the ACC would follow the tourney prices. Charging friggin $34 ACC basketball game tix is getting too pricey as is $44 for the football tix.

For the WVU fans, what are the Big East face values for football and basketball in Mo-town?

[ QUOTE ]

I wish the ACC would follow the tourney prices. Charging friggin $34 ACC basketball game tix is getting too pricey as is $44 for the football tix.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't the ACC's decision, VT's ticket prices are the brainchild of Jimmy the Weasel. Ticket prices for football and basketball are up to the individual schools, not the ACC. The ACC just wants to charge you $350-$400 for their tournament tickets.

[ QUOTE ]

$15 tix to the game is damn cheap!! I don't care if the seating is Gen. Adm. or not. I'm just happy to go for that price. I wish the ACC would follow the tourney prices. Charging friggin $34 ACC basketball game tix is getting too pricey as is $44 for the football tix.

For the WVU fans, what are the Big East face values for football and basketball in Mo-town?

[/ QUOTE ]

45$ for football and basketball maybe high 20's low 30's

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

45$ for football and basketball maybe high 20's low 30's

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I guess Jim Weaver isn't the only one trying to "stick in in" to the fans. Looks like that is just the high price to pay for college athletics.

I remember Big East basketball tix in Blacksburg being $15 and after VT joined the ACC they went up and it just seemed like the prices soared all of the sudden to $34 this year. I thought it was an isolated incident, but i guess not.

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah it certainly sucks not get in the NCAA but its still very good. I know that as a student at WVU last year that I got to see three more games, two of which were very good. Against UMass and NC State. Its also great for getting the players experience.

[ QUOTE ]

Since the NCAA bought the NIT a few years ago, does anyone think that they might not choose certain "name" schools to increase interest in the NIT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing last year when WVU,Syracuse and a couple of other bubble teams that many thought should have made the NCAAs....