Ansel Ponder to attend Western Michigan

GetMoney55

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

No, the only reason its a VT thing is because they are actually closer to Bluefield than WVU is. So dont down WVU for not offering him a scholarship when VT didn't even do it.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

VT = Virginia

WVU = West Virginia

Bluefield = West Virginia

hmmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant be serious??

yes. the premier in-state school didnt offer him and yet you say that because a closer school even from a different state should be at more blame. At least VT was making efforts with Ansel. WVU didnt.

They didn't need a WR...unless he was a top ranked immediate impact athlete. Ansel will have some work to do to get the lower body ready for D1. They need Dlinemen and Running backs...they are replacing the secondary. WR isn't an area of need.

Guest JJBrickface

You tell me where I said VT was more to blame? ALl I said was that they were closer. WVU didnt offer him, VT didnt offer him, no big time schools offered him!!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Haha... dream on alice wonderland is around the corner. Your leading WR in yards next year caught only 10 passes. I think you are in an area of need.

As for the WVU/VT subject, VT does pay homage to players in their state, look at the roster. I know Virginia may have more talent, but VT does take a lot of people from their state unlike WVU...

JJ - So dont down WVU for not offering him a scholarship when VT didn't even do it.

sounds like it right there. maybe you didnt say more to blame, but just as much. Once more, VT actually made the effort to get Ansel. Sending a recruiter to the school to talk with him, sending him personal letters, text messages, and such. WVU did nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

Haha... dream on alice wonderland is around the corner. Your leading WR in yards next year caught only 10 passes. I think you are in an area of need.

As for the WVU/VT subject, VT does pay homage to players in their state, look at the roster. I know Virginia may have more talent, but VT does take a lot of people from their state unlike WVU...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Cindy, as I said.....those recievers...actually noone but backs and Reynaud saw the ball much. Most of Reynauds passes were off of bubble screens. We didn't go down field often. So to compare RRod's version to Stewarts....is crazy. WVU will throw the ball and be successful this year. Ponder could not have helped in his first year at WVU!

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

considering Stewarts wont be running the offense, I dont think anyone was comparing his coaching to RRODS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like Beilein's players couldnt be successful in Huggins system.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Cindy, as I said.....those recievers...actually noone but backs and Reynaud saw the ball much. Most of Reynauds passes were off of bubble screens. We didn't go down field often. So to compare RRod's version to Stewarts....is crazy. WVU will throw the ball and be successful this year. Ponder could not have helped in his first year at WVU!

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that you are living on false hope that WRs will be able to contribute, as you even say, they never have before, so they are not tested, is crazy.

Not to mention no one except Bill Stewart knows what he will call during the games right now... or the people from VMI where he went what, 8-25.

You can not predict the future when there is no past to base it on...

[ QUOTE ]

considering Stewarts wont be running the offense, I dont think anyone was comparing his coaching to RRODS.

[/ QUOTE ]

STEWART won't be running it, but Mullen will be. The HC which is Stewart will have final say on it all. And anyone who compares last years stats to this year is comparing coaching because play calling affects outcomes of statistics. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I believe the action of the play affects the outcome of statistics.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.......how does the action happen.....anyone who has played football knows a play has to be called first. Oh unless you are out back in the yard tossing the old pigskin around.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

STEWART won't be running it, but Mullen will be. The HC which is Stewart will have final say on it all. And anyone who compares last years stats to this year is comparing coaching because play calling affects outcomes of statistics. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But how can you predict, once again, when you can not tell what those coaches will do? Together they have yet to call 1 play in WVUs offense...

call the play, the players run it, the players do their thing. Calling the play affects what the players do, what the players do affects the statistics. If I call a run up the middle and a kid breaks it outside for 20 yards, what good does my play calling do for those stats? Nothing.

NOONE can accurately predict. That is the said word from the coaching staff. They plan to throw down field a lot more than before. That is how they landed Heastie too!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I would say whatever WVU fans would want to hear too if there was a chance for people to stand outside my door chanting things, vandalizing my car and house, and threatening my family....

When it all comes down to it, if Pat White is playing the play calling will be similar... put the ball in the hands of the athlete...

The ball will be thrown. WVU fans won't be doing those things.....maybe some drunk idiots but....that's everywhere. Anyway...Pat white will be the one to throw...they will still option with him and Devine. They aren't changing completely just being more balanced...that was aready said too.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I would say whatever WVU fans would want to hear too if there was a chance for people to stand outside my door chanting things, vandalizing my car and house, and threatening my family....

When it all comes down to it, if Pat White is playing the play calling will be similar... put the ball in the hands of the athlete...

[/ QUOTE ]

LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEERS!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LET'S GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEERS!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL............yes sir....I'm happy with what we achieved last year. Looking forward to this one.