Ansel Ponder to attend Western Michigan

GetMoney55

I totally get what you are saying. I am sure BHS and Ponder may feel burned from it, but what you don't understand is that I'm saying they may have gotten a recruit or two that pushed ponder's away because of needs at other positions.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one whines and complains when WVU is mentioned, The situation we were discussing was WVU and their recruiting fallacies. VT has nothing to do with that whatsoever but yet you bring them up time and time again...

And why does my team matter? Because of whoever my favorite team is, does that allow you to slander them with comments just because your team has faulty recruiting practices, and you cant back them up with your own words so you go into talking crap about my team???

Lets stick to the subject at hand...WVU recruiting and the lack of giving instate players recognition and scholarships...

[/ QUOTE ]

You jumped in the convo and tech was mentioned and used as part of the argument. It was said that at least tech gave him some attention. It was said WVU did him wrong.

The thing is that if WVU needed him as a reciever they would have offered. HE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE AN IMPACT THIS COMING YEAR. WVU has 15 roster recievers, signed 1 for this year, and have #1 for 09 and trying to get a 4 star, 2 3 star and a few other recievers for 09. As far as player rankings.....Ansel wasn't ranked above the woods kid. He played in FLORIDA! Florida has competition. They probably feel he is more tested. Who knows. In the long run...noone on here knows hardly anything about recruiting compared to the coaches at these schools. They could have been recruiting Ponder in hopes of getting him in the rotation next year or beyond, but with some committs and interests elsewhere, they decided to give schollys to other postions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are a 4 or 5 star recruit, you are huge. The rest are just decent players who have yet to prove themselves, or are not in a recruiting bed.

And i find it hilarious that you think that automatically because he is from Fl that he is better. Ask Concord about players in Florida. 1-10 baby. Best players on the team are from WV. Just cause he is in Florida only allows him to be seen by the people that run scouts/rivals. And most of the time, when a player gets an offer from a big school, then the stars go up. Take JOrdan Roberts for example.

And you make no sense on the Tech deal, cause i started this conversation, when you mispoke about WVU giving out scholarships to those not worthy... Tech should never be in this conversation, period. This involves a kid and his own state accepting him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious or not...Florida is a recruiting hot bed. Many more athletes there. Many more schools there. Numbers kinda make that true. As far as him being a better athelte....well he has played against better talent for sure. What "talented" teams have Bluefield played this year. For this area .......even most say that AA is weak.

And the whole tech thing started by others insinuating that tech treating him better and they aren't even in his own state.

[/ QUOTE ]

william campbell and Richlands both have very talented defensive backfields, with Austin Fuller going to VT as well...

Who has people from the SWD played against, no offense guys, but id say the area if about the same in football, that sign??? The SWD is a "weak" area for football in VA, unlike the tidewater area. That is also what getmoney is saying, that the area woods is from is weaker. He knows, he is from there.

Basing the fact that one player is great because he played in a "football" state is rediculous. BTW the kid is only 2 stars...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one whines and complains when WVU is mentioned, The situation we were discussing was WVU and their recruiting fallacies. VT has nothing to do with that whatsoever but yet you bring them up time and time again...

And why does my team matter? Because of whoever my favorite team is, does that allow you to slander them with comments just because your team has faulty recruiting practices, and you cant back them up with your own words so you go into talking crap about my team???

Lets stick to the subject at hand...WVU recruiting and the lack of giving instate players recognition and scholarships...

[/ QUOTE ]

You jumped in the convo and tech was mentioned and used as part of the argument. It was said that at least tech gave him some attention. It was said WVU did him wrong.

The thing is that if WVU needed him as a reciever they would have offered. HE WOULD NOT HAVE MADE AN IMPACT THIS COMING YEAR. WVU has 15 roster recievers, signed 1 for this year, and have #1 for 09 and trying to get a 4 star, 2 3 star and a few other recievers for 09. As far as player rankings.....Ansel wasn't ranked above the woods kid. He played in FLORIDA! Florida has competition. They probably feel he is more tested. Who knows. In the long run...noone on here knows hardly anything about recruiting compared to the coaches at these schools. They could have been recruiting Ponder in hopes of getting him in the rotation next year or beyond, but with some committs and interests elsewhere, they decided to give schollys to other postions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are a 4 or 5 star recruit, you are huge. The rest are just decent players who have yet to prove themselves, or are not in a recruiting bed.

And i find it hilarious that you think that automatically because he is from Fl that he is better. Ask Concord about players in Florida. 1-10 baby. Best players on the team are from WV. Just cause he is in Florida only allows him to be seen by the people that run scouts/rivals. And most of the time, when a player gets an offer from a big school, then the stars go up. Take JOrdan Roberts for example.

And you make no sense on the Tech deal, cause i started this conversation, when you mispoke about WVU giving out scholarships to those not worthy... Tech should never be in this conversation, period. This involves a kid and his own state accepting him...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious or not...Florida is a recruiting hot bed. Many more athletes there. Many more schools there. Numbers kinda make that true. As far as him being a better athelte....well he has played against better talent for sure. What "talented" teams have Bluefield played this year. For this area .......even most say that AA is weak.

And the whole tech thing started by others insinuating that tech treating him better and they aren't even in his own state.

[/ QUOTE ]

william campbell and Richlands both have very talented defensive backfields, with Austin Fuller going to VT as well...

Who has people from the SWD played against, no offense guys, but id say the area if about the same in football, that sign??? The SWD is a "weak" area for football in VA, unlike the tidewater area. That is also what getmoney is saying, that the area woods is from is weaker. He knows, he is from there.

Basing the fact that one player is great because he played in a "football" state is rediculous. BTW the kid is only 2 stars...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the William Campbell game and it was tough for BHS. Ansel won the game with a good throw by Cole and stupid man defense on Ponder. Anyway...both quality....but both in VA. The other games played were in the state of WV and the talent pool and available AA schools are awful except Monroe. Did get Money go watch every game Woods played or see the teams he played against this year...not when he was there.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

So anyone from any part of VA is automatically better than Bluefield or WV? So the star from the Hogoheegee is better than Jordan Roberts???

That is a logical fallicy on your part...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the William Campbell game and it was tough for BHS. Ansel won the game with a good throw by Cole and stupid man defense on Ponder. Anyway...both quality....but both in VA. The other games played were in the state of WV and the talent pool and available AA schools are awful except Monroe. Did get Money go watch every game Woods played or see the teams he played against this year...not when he was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again......You didn't read the whole thing. You only replied to what you wanted to see for argument sake I guess. I said.......has he seen all of woods' games and the teams that he played against. Isn't Get money living here?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Why do you quote your own self??? and respond to your own posts??? Thats like 3 times today, im sure you are failing now.

And to recap, Getmoney does have some knowledge, probably of the regions of good football in FLA. We can all agree that most of the time the same schools stay dominant in high school football...

but back to my point... Hogoheegee > WV???

(This is in no way a rip on the hogo, just making a point)

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you quote your own self??? and respond to your own posts??? Thats like 3 times today, im sure you are failing now.

And to recap, Getmoney does have some knowledge, probably of the regions of good football in FLA. We can all agree that most of the time the same schools stay dominant in high school football...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well genius...I quoted myself to let you maybe read the whole thing this time. Education slip by? lol just a j/k smile. And in WV the typical powers stay the same. Large states is sometimes different. What do we know anyway.

What are you referring to Hogoheegee for? I evidently missed that one.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well genius...I quoted myself to let you maybe read the whole thing this time. Education slip by? lol just a j/k smile. And in WV the typical powers stay the same. Large states is sometimes different. What do we know anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

well congrats on being the first person ever to quote themselves numerous times. Ever think you could admit to a mistake.

I was referring to the logic you presented that VA was stronger than WV, so therefore, any recruit from VA must be better than a recruit from WV... Sure competition means a lot, but look at the stars that never got seen in HS or college, and play great in the NFL... The HOGO is an example that shows that not every recruit from a big recruiting state is better than a lesser known football state...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well congrats on being the first person ever to quote themselves numerous times. Ever think you could admit to a mistake.

I was referring to the logic you presented that VA was stronger than WV, so therefore, any recruit from VA must be better than a recruit from WV... Sure competition means a lot, but look at the stars that never got seen in HS or college, and play great in the NFL... The HOGO is an example that shows that not every recruit from a big recruiting state is better than a lesser known football state...

[/ QUOTE ]

I quoted myself for you to read what I had said because you apparently did not read it all...only the parts you wanted to use in my argument. Also for the most part....VA football is more competitive and I'm sure I could find many many more athletes that would go D1 in VA than in WV. I hate to say it but it's true. Go out ot Hampton Roads.. that area is loaded. Phoebus HS and that area. Anyway... Hogo is one example of likely not having many...just like MED or other small districts.

I know the area where Woods has played high school ball and I know for a fact it is one of the weakest regions in Florida for football. Once again, Naples High School is the only competition from that area and Woods doesnt even go there. No, I didnt get to watch every one of Woods' games this season but I know the kind of competition he played against. Florida is a great football state, yes, but as far as the region where Woods played his ball, its from from great.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

WEll i guess the only thing to say is that I'm not a college recruiter and neither are you. They took the kid for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!!

Guest JJBrickface

I just watched JD Woods highlights on scout.com He looks pretty damn nice from what I see. I was impressed with what I saw from their QB as well.

[ QUOTE ]

I understand it was a joke, but one that made no sense. However, what more is there to expect from schmitt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on now...no personal shots....your logic is way off more than mine will ever be. I was just making a lil joke off of our convo from last night. Lighten up.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I understand it was a joke, but one that made no sense. However, what more is there to expect from schmitt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah seriously you do need to lighten up. haha Cranky Carl

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

come on..lets get this thread back on topic or a good thread will go to waste

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread has been a waste since like the second page.