Ansel Ponder to attend Western Michigan

GetMoney55

Ansel Ponder just came back last night from being flown to WMU, all expenses paid, to visit the campus and athletic department. WMU has offered and Ansel in expected to be accepting this offer and sign on anytime soon. Congratulaions.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel Ponder just came back last night from being flown to WMU, all expenses paid, to visit the campus and athletic department. WMU has offered and Ansel in expected to be accepting this offer and sign on anytime soon. Congratulaions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the head coach was an asst.coach for RR at WVU for a couple of years.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Your thinking Central Michigan. Bill Cubit was never with RR.

Welcome to Kalamazoo, Ansel!

[ QUOTE ]

Your thinking Central Michigan. Bill Cubit was never with RR.

Welcome to Kalamazoo, Ansel!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right,WMU was the team tham WVU played on opening day this past year.

[ QUOTE ]

WOW! This is great news. I am very happy for Ansel and wish him the best of luck at WMU. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best wishes to this young man!!! Let your talent be without question on the field and your wisdom never questioned in life.

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel is a very grounded and deserving kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if you took offense--none intended. Wishing Ansel only the best by trying to encourage and caution as a parent would if he were their child.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Ansel is a very grounded and deserving kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if you took offense--none intended. Wishing Ansel only the best by trying to encourage and caution as a parent would if he were their child.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I wasn't replying to your comment. I was just making a general statement. I've talked to Ansel several times, a few years ago, and he was always very humble and willing to work for anything he received.

Ansel talked to me about the whole WVU situation. He was talking about going to Hargrave and then ending up at Tech and that he had no desire to go to WVU after how they treated both he and Jordan Roberts of Scott. In his words "Forget WVU. Tech actually likes me and I dont even live there."

[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't WVU recruit this in-state talent?. Congrats, but wish he was a eer!

[/ QUOTE ]

They do, ever hear of Nate Sowers or Josh Jenkins to name a couple??? Not a lot of D1 talent in West Virginia and sometimes they can't get them all.

but when there is good, legit D-1 talent in this state seeing as it is so rare, they should do a better job of jumping onto it before schools from far away states do. Ansel and Shaun Brooks have gotten more attention from schools in California and other west coast-midwest schools than they have WVU.