Lots of interesting VHSL realignment stuff

RichlandsAlum

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I heard from a very reliable source gw danville will possibly be AA during the next cycle

[/ QUOTE ]

100% guaranteed NOT to happen.

The next cycle has already been announced and GW didn't go for a waiver, so it'll be Summer of 2011 at the earliest.

[ QUOTE ]

If the VHSL goes to four classes, then large AA schools like Pulaski, Salem, Amherst, Powhatan, etc. end up competing against what used to be smaller AAA schools rather than small AA schools like in the Piedmont, SWD, Southside, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S funny.

Large AA schools Pulaski, Salem, Amherst & Fleming ARE what used to be smaller AAA schools.

[ QUOTE ]

Does any online info exist for old VHSL enrollment figures, like from the 1970s and 80s? It would be interesting (and somewhat painful) to see how much different things used to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to post this yesteday, but was afraid that someone would think it was an April Fool's joke.

Tazewell Co. 3-grade historical enrollment

(Pocy's 161 is a wild guess that creates an even total)

1978 . 1987 . . 2000 . 2008 (est.)

161 . . 151 . . 102 . . .80 . . Pocahontas . - 50 %

523 . . 463 . . 418 . . 382 . . Graham . . . - 26.96

684 . . 667 . . 554 . . 491 . . Tazewell . . . - 28.22

882 . . 862 . . 687 . . 577 . . Richlands . . - 34.58

--------------------------------------------

2,250 . 2,143 . 1,761 . 1,530 . Tazewell Co. -32%

all of western Va. : http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/SWVAenrollment.html

Have fun!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a dumb question, but what three grades are we talking, and why only count three grades?

The link dosnt work for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

For many years, the VHSL used only grades 9-11 to determine enrollment figures. Now they use 9-12. I'm sure VHSLhelper used on 3/4 enrollment numbers on the 2008 figures in order to get a "fair" comparison of how the enrollment has dropped.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I heard from a very reliable source gw danville will possibly be AA during the next cycle

[/ QUOTE ]

100% guaranteed NOT to happen.

The next cycle has already been announced and GW didn't go for a waiver, so it'll be Summer of 2011 at the earliest.

[ QUOTE ]

If the VHSL goes to four classes, then large AA schools like Pulaski, Salem, Amherst, Powhatan, etc. end up competing against what used to be smaller AAA schools rather than small AA schools like in the Piedmont, SWD, Southside, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S funny.

Large AA schools Pulaski, Salem, Amherst & Fleming ARE what used to be smaller AAA schools.

[ QUOTE ]

Does any online info exist for old VHSL enrollment figures, like from the 1970s and 80s? It would be interesting (and somewhat painful) to see how much different things used to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to post this yesteday, but was afraid that someone would think it was an April Fool's joke.

Tazewell Co. 3-grade historical enrollment

(Pocy's 161 is a wild guess that creates an even total)

1978 . 1987 . . 2000 . 2008 (est.)

161 . . 151 . . 102 . . .80 . . Pocahontas . - 50 %

523 . . 463 . . 418 . . 382 . . Graham . . . - 26.96

684 . . 667 . . 554 . . 491 . . Tazewell . . . - 28.22

882 . . 862 . . 687 . . 577 . . Richlands . . - 34.58

--------------------------------------------

2,250 . 2,143 . 1,761 . 1,530 . Tazewell Co. -32%

all of western Va. : http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/SWVAenrollment.html

Have fun!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a dumb question, but what three grades are we talking, and why only count three grades?

The link dosnt work for me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

For many years, the VHSL used only grades 9-11 to determine enrollment figures. Now they use 9-12. I'm sure VHSLhelper used on 3/4 enrollment numbers on the 2008 figures in order to get a "fair" comparison of how the enrollment has dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K., Just wondering.

Even w/all the downside of declining enrollment....the SWVA area is still thought of as home for those that have previously lived there . The feelings, that SWVA is "home", are never forgotten, no matter, where you live or how much over indulgence is around you.

Hopefully, not in my lifetime, but in another generation or so, the cycle of prosperity will return to the area.

[ QUOTE ]

This info came from a principal and you are sure that there is no way it could happen

[/ QUOTE ]

Positive that there is no chance of it happening on this next cycle beginning in 2009...but maybe in 2011 as helper stated...