grundy games

wave08

i think that grundy 2007-08 should have beat shelby valley and i wish that we could acually beat Grham but we have to get really good to beat them i guess. a coulple more years or so of pracitce we will be winning games more.

yall need a new coachin staff... and probably more than a few years... yall have sucked it up a lot lately, but i do give the players, coaches, sponsers, parents a congrats. for stickin it out even if times arent so well...

[ QUOTE ]

a coulple more years or so of pracitce we will be winning games more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think the other schools will be practicing too???

I don't think that Grundy played shelby valley in 2007. Also, does getting new coaches really solve anything? Are coaches the ones playing the game? I would bet that you would be hard pressed to find a coaching staff with as much experience and knowledge as those coaches in Grundy. That goes for the older ones anyway. I really don't know the younger ones that well. Sometimes we jump on the bandwagon too much. Whenever adversity hits, we must face it and work through it.

[ QUOTE ]

yall need a new coachin staff... and probably more than a few years... yall have sucked it up a lot lately, but i do give the players, coaches, sponsers, parents a congrats. for stickin it out even if times arent so well...

[/ QUOTE ]

they dont need a new coaching staff...they have one of the best staffs in the area bar none...the problem at Grundy is the feeder system...that's been well established here in many different discussions.

That being said, Plymal needs to be a head coach somewhere other than Grundy...he's more than capable of running a program, but needs to be in a school with a large talent pool...Abingdon would have been great for him and the school. The only other coaching problem at Grundy is that you have too many roosters in the hen house at this point and someone needs to go...Compton and Rowe have been there together for over 20 years now...those two were coaching Grundy when Plymal was playing college ball...they are all great coaches...that is about all that Grundy has going for them at the moment...for that to change would only make things worse.

i think that they need a new coaching stratergy, plymal is a good coach, they have to know that the freshmens that came up, are new beginners for grundy hight they are more use to the elementary games. Some of them are acually pretty good like jon kelly, and i think cody justice and some others.

Lance is right, the coaching staff isnt the problem. I hate to say it about grundy, but its hard to coach a team that doest really have that much talent. I love coach plymal and compton to death, and they both deserve a head coaching gig somewhere, id just hate to see them go. The helped me out a whole lot while i was in high school.

But the talent pool in grundy has gone way downhill, but i do give the boys credit for sticking around and trying their best, thats all you can really ask of any of the kids, just do your best.

And i remember when i played shelby valley, i think my senior year?, they were pretty tough then, we beat them, but they hit hard. lol.

buchanan county doesnt need a new english and writting class, trust me we have plenty of work, juss because someone cant spell doesnt mean that they need a new class. your just mean, and want admit it.

yeah we might need a lot of work if were ever going to get our talent back for football, but still the boys on the team has a big heart and try all the time and thats all thier is to do is try.

[ QUOTE ]

buchanan county doesnt need a new english and writting class, trust me we have plenty of work, juss because someone cant spell doesnt mean that they need a new class. your just mean, and want admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

outstanding!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure???

buchanan county = Buchanan County

doesnt = doesn't

english = English

writting = writing

juss = just

cant = can't

doesnt = doesn't

your = you're

want = won't

If I were your English teacher, you would have received an "F" on that statement...

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like they need a new English and Writing class.

[/ QUOTE ]

yesss, since that totally had so much to do with football.

my opinion on the grundy football team is no matter who

the coaches are, or how they coach, you still have

to have players with some motivation and the will to do

something.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

something.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true with any team, any sport...

Grundy's problem is not coaching, motivation, or anything like that...it's talent...they simply have very little to work with. Most of the kids don't have much of a "little league" program to mature in anymore, and the way it was run in recent history, hardly any of the kids got to actually play and of those that did, most quit before they arrived at the varsity level.

Thus...you get what you have witnessed the past few years...nothing. The good news is that the lower level situation has been improved somewhat...but there are many miles to travel.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

something.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true with any team, any sport...

Grundy's problem is not coaching, motivation, or anything like that...it's talent...they simply have very little to work with. Most of the kids don't have much of a "little league" program to mature in anymore, and the way it was run in recent history, hardly any of the kids got to actually play and of those that did, most quit before they arrived at the varsity level.

Thus...you get what you have witnessed the past few years...nothing. The good news is that the lower level situation has been improved somewhat...but there are many miles to travel.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. i agree.

Is that all you got? Your always commenting Buchanan County on " We need a new English and Writting classs." Thats stupid. Some people cant spell, and some people like to type short as possible. Say something new instead of saying the same thing over and over, it dont hurt Buchanan County.

[ QUOTE ]

it dont hurt Buchanan County.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't hurt Buchanan County...

Maybe not, but it is a direct reflection upon the education of the Buchanan County students who post on this board...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but it is a direct reflection upon the education of the Buchanan County students who post on this board...

[/ QUOTE ]

not all of us...lol

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not all of us...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

There are always exceptions to every rule...

But this board always puts everyone from Grundy in the same category. I'm not perfect and I don't have perfect grammar. However, I do know that I am nowhere near the perceptions the people of this board make about us. It's a shame that some people are so ignorant and feel the need to insult an entire town and/or county when this board is supposed to be for EVERYONE in SWVA who loves sports and has a desire to discuss local sports.

[ QUOTE ]

But this board always puts everyone from Grundy in the same category. I'm not perfect and I don't have perfect grammar. However, I do know that I am nowhere near the perceptions the people of this board make about us. It's a shame that some people are so ignorant and feel the need to insult an entire town and/or county when this board is supposed to be for EVERYONE in SWVA who loves sports and has a desire to discuss local sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone makes a statement like this,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then it would lead someone to believe that the poster needs to take a class on writing. I'm not sure why you are offended by it. For goodness sake, you are using a computer, they have this new invention called "spell checker". You don't even have to know how to spell to use it. You can type in anything, as long as it starts with the right letter then it will pretty much tell you how to spell it.

I'm a horrible speller, but I make an effort and check for spelling errors before I post. People take your posts a little more serious if they are coherent.

This post isn't the only post i'm talking about. It has happened much more than just one time. As for you talking about not being able to understand posts or read them, show me where one of MY posts have been so bad it is unreadable. Because I am from Grundy, I get lumped into this category that you and other posters feel fit to place us in. I'm not sure why you people can't focus on what is being said instead of the way people say it. I guess everybody needs a reason to be judgemental. It's hard to have respect for SOME people on this board when they continually try to find a reason to say they are better than you in ways that are not sports related. If the shoe was on the other foot I would like to think the majority of you would feel the same way.

I don't see it myself Tigh...I'm from Grundy just like you are and pretty much anyone who gets on here and types unreadable crap gets ragged on...not just Grundy people...lol. Most of the ones that have those problems are posting from the school lab believe it or not.

...a mind is a terrible thing to waste...or something like that...lol.

no one is grouping you in with anyone or putting Grundy down as a group...it only applies to the ones it applies to as Yogi would say.

[ QUOTE ]

This post isn't the only post i'm talking about. It has happened much more than just one time. As for you talking about not being able to understand posts or read them, show me where one of MY posts have been so bad it is unreadable. Because I am from Grundy, I get lumped into this category that you and other posters feel fit to place us in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I never said anything about you, or the fine citizens of Grundy. I was talking about the person that I quoted above.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why <u>YOU PEOPLE</u> can't focus on what is being said instead of the way people say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is this "You people" stuff... what are you implying?!?! LOL

[ QUOTE ]

I guess everybody needs a reason to be judgemental. It's hard to have respect for SOME people on this board when they continually try to find a reason to say they are better than you in ways that are not sports related. If the shoe was on the other foot I would like to think the majority of you would feel the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You find it hard to respect someone that points out spelling errors, and I find it hard to hard to respect someone’s opinion when you can't read it. I never said I was better than anyone else (even though, I obviously am). I don’t even care if the person can spell. Like I said earlier, I can't spell, but that is why I use spell checker (it’s a wonderful thing). To me bad spelling and grammar is just laziness, and it takes away from the point you are trying to make.

I am sorry that I upset you so badly.