James Monroe gets a 10th game..Summers County...

edrforshey

JAMES MONROE

1 09/05/08 H WAYNE

2 09/12/08 A OAK HILL

3 09/19/08 H PIKEVIEW

4 09/26/08 A SCOTT

5 10/03/08 A WYOMING EAST

6 10/10/08 H NARROWS, VA

7 10/17/08 H GREENBRIER EAST

8 10/24/08 H MOUNT VIEW

9 10/31/08 H BLUEFIELD

10 11/07/08 A SUMMERS COUNTY

I that rumor last weekend, guess it's the truth. Makes sense with the 2 schools being about 20 miles apart. In recent years Summers Middle school seems to have made some improvement the last couple of years, hopefully we can have some good games with them. From 2001-2005, there were some pretty nasty blow-outs.

And so the watering down of the schedule has began, just as I predicted when rumors of Jackson's rehire started. In three years teams like Summers County will be the norm on James Monroe's schedule. At least Montcalm will be assured of a game in the coming years...

I think it would be good for the area if area schools would play each other. Especially the same class. I mean Blfd, PV , JM, so forth and so on of the AA schools. It could possibly make some of these bad football schools better. Eventually to get some interest to play. I know Blfd kicking the crap out of PV would be useless, but if they created maybe a southern WV cup or even just the mercer schools. I just find it a shame that all the small schools are gone and some schools have to travel forever to play someone.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I would have loved to see a James Monroe/Richlands match-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... That would NEVER happen. Be thankful for what you have because here soon James Monroe's match-up with the Beavers may be a thing of the past.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess they are thinking some points. They will get something from beating Summers, but nothing from beating Graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they'd get nothing for beating Graham???

Well, IF they had the balls to play Graham and IF they were lucky enough to beat Graham, they would get MORE points than they'll get for beating Summers Co.

I guess we'll never find out though...

The funny thing about this post is even though your name has changed (AGAIN...FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME), your ignorance continues to shine...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I guess they are thinking some points. They will get something from beating Summers, but nothing from beating Graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, IF they had the balls to play Graham and IF they were lucky enough to beat Graham, they would get MORE points than they'll get for beating Summers Co.

The funny thing about this post is even though your name has changed (AGAIN...FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME), your ignorance continues to shine...

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again your an ass! So do WV schools get points towards the playoffs for beating a VA school? I thought they didn't. Don't get your panties in an uproar because I said they wouldn't get anything from beating graham.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he ignorant? He may have been mistaken about something. No need to call names.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he ignorant? He may have been mistaken about something. No need to call names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you missed some of the other posts he has made?

It is my understanding that this game came about after some sort of a recent regional/sectional SSAC meeting where it was discovered, I believe as Ed pointed out, Pikeview had scheduled 11 games. Pikeview dropped Summers, leaving Summers to try to find another game. It is also my understanding that Summers was expected to try and find another game and if they could not, then Summers and JM were to play since they had corresponding open dates. (Summers did not want to play JM and I'm not sure of all the reasons.) Coach Jackson wasn't at that meeting and as far as I know, had nothing to do with it. Now why Graham wasn't sceduled earlier, I don't know. As I've said before, I wish that would become a regular game for JM because I think it would be a good rivalry and gate.

There is absolutely no forced scheduling in West Virginia as of yet. Summers County could have played 9 games just as easily as Bluefield has had to many times in the past. James Monroe had to agree to play Summers County.

[ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no forced scheduling in West Virginia as of yet. Summers County could have played 9 games just as easily as Bluefield has had to many times in the past. James Monroe had to agree to play Summers County.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure Summers could have only played nine games but it wasn't for the same reasons as Bluefield has only played nine games. Summers is a cupcake (see James Monroe readily putting them on their schedule)...Bluefield only had nine games because teams DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY THEM FOR FEAR OF GETTING THROTTLED...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But if Summers was supposed to play Pikeview at Summers, and Pikeview erred and dropped Summers, and Summers could find no home game, then Pikeview may have had to bear at least some resposibility for the lost gate at Summers; and, yes, I'm sure JM had to agree to play. I understand it's a 2-yr. deal.

Actually Summers County could has forced Pikeview to play them if that contract between them was signed 1st, instead of Pikeview vs Midland Trail.

Or they could has invoked the Forfeit Rule and Pikeview wouldn't have been able to play a game on that date, and Summers County could have picked up a game for that date and it wouldn't have even counted in the WVSSAC Playoff Ratings for Summers County, but would have counted for their new opponent, in this case James Monroe.

In addition to what Ed said, in the WVSSAC game contract there is a place for a Forfeit Fee. If there was a dollar amount listed in that place the school failing to fulfill the contract must pay this amount to the other school. For example Burch signed a contract with Montcalm to play a home game in 2007, and an away game in 2008 in boys basketball. Burch then failed to show up in 2008 for the game. When the SSAC was contacted the first question asked by them was Do you have a contract, response YES. Is there a forfeit fee listed, response YES. Amount $1000. Burch was then required to write a check to Montcalm for $1000. In this case the schools might have agreed to no financial penalty if a replacement game could be found so that no party would suffer damages.

[ QUOTE ]

In addition to what Ed said, in the WVSSAC game contract there is a place for a Forfeit Fee. If there was a dollar amount listed in that place the school failing to fulfill the contract must pay this amount to the other school. For example Burch signed a contract with Montcalm to play a home game in 2007, and an away game in 2008 in boys basketball. Burch then failed to show up in 2008 for the game. When the SSAC was contacted the first question asked by them was Do you have a contract, response YES. Is there a forfeit fee listed, response YES. Amount $1000. Burch was then required to write a check to Montcalm for $1000. In this case the schools might have agreed to no financial penalty if a replacement game could be found so that no party would suffer damages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys. It's interesting to know what can happen.

Now all of this gets really trickie (I hope that's a word)when the Contract involves a Out of State School.

Parkersburg Catholic last year had a signed contract with Hancock Md, but Hancock refused to come to Parkersburg to play after Parkersburg Catholic had traveled 5 hours to Hancock in 2006.

The WVSSAC asked if Catholic wanted a Forfeit win, but they couldn't do anything about the lost gate money, cause they have NO say over Out of State Schools.

Parkersburg Catholic finally decided on declaring the game a NO Contest instead of a Forfeit win.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Burch just never showed the day of the game?? No phone call or email or anything?