The Future of Graham High School Football.

futbolking

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Lol, according to the paper Graham wants to play boring football? That sounds really fun to watch and even more fun to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeh, that's what Doug said...old-school Graham football...run, run, run...

[ QUOTE ]

Lol, according to the paper Graham wants to play boring football? That sounds really fun to watch and even more fun to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be glad he said that, last year he said basically that they weren't there to entertain us. He said if we wanted to be entertained then we could pay six bucks and go to a movie.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be glad he said that, last year he said basically that they weren't there to entertain us. He said if we wanted to be entertained then we could pay six bucks and go to a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just wanna know what movie i can see for six bucks! haha

Winning your class AA, Region 14, Section 12, Minor District 47.5, Subdivision Alpha Bravo, "state" championship isnt prestigious either. When youre the best, youre the best, no matter what anyone can say to you. I dont care if youre former high school in Rhode Island is famous winning 9 state titles or if your buddies high school from Texas has won 9 state titles, Id say theyre both great teams and have accomplished what a whole lot of other schools couldnt.

The difference between VA and WV is basically this......With 6 divisions for football and about 310 schools each classification has around 52 schools. The last time I looked there were only about 120 high schools in the entire state of West Virginia. Which averages out to about 40 per classification. So virginia is a little larger in that respect. The major difference is this, or at least in southwest virginia. The largest division 3 team in Region IV is Richlands, with about 769 kids grades 9-12, the last three years they played for a state title they played Turner Ashby,Rockbridge,and Monticello. The enrollments for those schools were 1111(Turner Ashby), 1071(Rockbridge), and Monticello(1143). When Graham played for the title in 01, they had about 550 kids to Harrisonburg's 1200. We are playing larger schools with more athletes. Last time I checked I never saw Bluefield beat Morgantown,Mussleman,Woodrow Wilson,John Marshall or Riverside for a state title,which are all schools in that enrollment range. Bluefield beat Grafton (570), Wayne (547), and James Monroe (483). Now that is not a slam on Bluefield by any means. You can only play who they put in front of you. But, it also gives you no right to slam on Virginia schools either, especially the ones who have played you and know that if you were in virginia you would fare no better than we have. Sometimes the truth hurts.

You're right...sometimes the truth does hurt. and this is not a "slam" on graham either...so how bout some truth for ya:

Bluefield BEAT all of those teams they played from virginia last year. maybe not by 30 points, but they played with them, and found a way to win one way or another. that's what matters-who gets the W.

if i'm not mistaken, that's what the g-men did last year against rlands. they battled and found a way to win, and hats off to the team for that. but to you sir, my hats back on and my back turned because you obviously have 0 respect for a team who starts lifting as a team january 1, and get 1 week off for summer. 1 WEEK. lifting is never mandatory, but neither is playing time. and not that lifting on your own is bad, but it just doesn't build the kind of chemistry that being with each other every day of the year does.

as for bluefield faring the same fate as graham in the SWD, i cannot argue one point or another because there's no past to it and no future either. however, i can say that the beavers are in the plus column for finding a way to win against larger opponents. for instance richlands most recently, and the biggest one in 2004 was no.1 in the State Martinsburg who's QB is now starting for WVU Mr. Nate Sowers. now i know ahmad bradshaw despite his many legal problems saw PT for the giants last year, i'm just providing an example that WV has quality players as well. Another is Quincy Wilson who played for Weir.

to just finish it off, no matter how many players you have on the sidelines, the only number that matters is that there are ONLY 11 on a field for each team, at a time. bigger numbers just mean you have more to pick from. and as our 9 state championships reflect, despite our low numbers we have a high turnout of very talented players, therefore we do not need 1000 to pick from. our 550 is just fine.

so i bite my thumb at you sir, and i honestly think very little of you and everybody else who downplays a team who has won a championship at all, much less 9...and you know what? they do it all with a target on their back every game because no matter how arrogant or stubborn a coach is, they all know you have to beat the best, to be the best.

and if graham were in west virginia, i believe they would share the same fate that james monroe does each year to the beavers.

nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Winning your class AA, Region 14, Section 12, Minor District 47.5, Subdivision Alpha Bravo, "state" championship isnt prestigious either. When youre the best, youre the best, no matter what anyone can say to you. I dont care if youre former high school in Rhode Island is famous winning 9 state titles or if your buddies high school from Texas has won 9 state titles, Id say theyre both great teams and have accomplished what a whole lot of other schools couldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between VA and WV is basically this......With 6 divisions for football and about 310 schools each classification has around 52 schools. The last time I looked there were only about 120 high schools in the entire state of West Virginia. Which averages out to about 40 per classification. So virginia is a little larger in that respect. The major difference is this, or at least in southwest virginia. The largest division 3 team in Region IV is Richlands, with about 769 kids grades 9-12, the last three years they played for a state title they played Turner Ashby,Rockbridge,and Monticello. The enrollments for those schools were 1111(Turner Ashby), 1071(Rockbridge), and Monticello(1143). When Graham played for the title in 01, they had about 550 kids to Harrisonburg's 1200. We are playing larger schools with more athletes. Last time I checked I never saw Bluefield beat Morgantown,Mussleman,Woodrow Wilson,John Marshall or Riverside for a state title,which are all schools in that enrollment range. Bluefield beat Grafton (570), Wayne (547), and James Monroe (483). Now that is not a slam on Bluefield by any means. You can only play who they put in front of you. But, it also gives you no right to slam on Virginia schools either, especially the ones who have played you and know that if you were in virginia you would fare no better than we have. Sometimes the truth hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...sometimes the truth does hurt. and this is not a "slam" on graham either...so how bout some truth for ya:

Bluefield BEAT all of those teams they played from virginia last year. maybe not by 30 points, but they played with them, and found a way to win one way or another. that's what matters-who gets the W.

if i'm not mistaken, that's what the g-men did last year against rlands. they battled and found a way to win, and hats off to the team for that. but to you sir, my hats back on and my back turned because you obviously have 0 respect for a team who starts lifting as a team january 1, and get 1 week off for summer. 1 WEEK. lifting is never mandatory, but neither is playing time. and not that lifting on your own is bad, but it just doesn't build the kind of chemistry that being with each other every day of the year does.

as for bluefield faring the same fate as graham in the SWD, i cannot argue one point or another because there's no past to it and no future either. however, i can say that the beavers are in the plus column for finding a way to win against larger opponents. for instance richlands most recently, and the biggest one in 2004 was no.1 in the State Martinsburg who's QB is now starting for WVU Mr. Nate Sowers. now i know ahmad bradshaw despite his many legal problems saw PT for the giants last year, i'm just providing an example that WV has quality players as well. Another is Quincy Wilson who played for Weir.

to just finish it off, no matter how many players you have on the sidelines, the only number that matters is that there are ONLY 11 on a field for each team, at a time. bigger numbers just mean you have more to pick from. and as our 9 state championships reflect, despite our low numbers we have a high turnout of very talented players, therefore we do not need 1000 to pick from. our 550 is just fine.

so i bite my thumb at you sir, and i honestly think very little of you and everybody else who downplays a team who has won a championship at all, much less 9...and you know what? they do it all with a target on their back every game because no matter how arrogant or stubborn a coach is, they all know you have to beat the best, to be the best.

and if graham were in west virginia, i believe they would share the same fate that james monroe does each year to the beavers.

nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just drove home my point. Yes you beat Richlands last year by 3. And Richlands got hammered in the Virginia State Championship by a school 40 percent larger than they were. And by the way, West Virginia only counts students for 3 grades, Virginia counts students in 4 grades so basically the schools have about the same number of students. But other than that, nice points. I am not hating on Bluefield at all, just pointing out the differences. I wouldn't care if it was Capital High that I was talking about. There is a huge difference in the states whether you wish to admit it or not.