BEAVERTAIL

Sources

I have some bad news for you - Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States, and not a single one of your biased, amusing threads will change that. Have a great day.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First off, do you not know that Barack Obama is losing supporters once Hillary has officially lost? In some states, 80% of Hillary supporters will not be voting or will be voting for McCain, that does not bode well for Obama.

Secondly, have you not noticed that Obama is struggling lately? In fact he is cracking under pressure. for example, on May 18th hesaid this..." Iran is not a tiny nation that holds us little threat".... On may 19th, A DAY LATER, he said IRAN is "a GRAVE danger". Sounds to me like he cant even keep his opinions straight for 2 days.

Finally, Obama will have trouble getting swing states or states that have usually gone democratic, but during the last 2 elections have gone Democratic. Many experts have suggested that one little state changed it all by going repub after being democratic for so long, that state is WEST VIRGINIA. and i think we all know where WV's vote will go...

That is why I am so adamant about the subject because I know that this state and this area can make a big impact. I also know that I want to make themost informed decision, not just whocan be our spokesperson because they can talk well, but who can be a LEADER.

Not someone who is just the "cool" person to vote for, but someone who has experience and does not have more baggage than any other candidate despite being so young. I want everyone to be informed of the choices they can make, but I find some arent, INCLUDING YOU.

Case in point:

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=139892&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if people would honestly get the initial thought of Obama being black and muslim, they could realize that he is a good candidate. some people are just blinded by first thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a supporter of Barack Hussien Obama. Yes, that is his real name. The thing is, i can not support a man who is not truthful to the people. Obama skirts around talking about his religon and his upbringing. Right now, if you ask any muslim, they will say Obama is muslim as well. and well technically he is, he went to Muslim school early in his childhood. But Barack at one point says he has no religon, well how can the man take an oath with his hand on the bible?

secondly, he has very little background in foreign affairs. he has only been a senator for 4 years in the state of illinois. to me that is too little time for me to be seriously considering him to be a presidential candidate.

Barack obama opposes the war, and right now we can not leave. The people in Iraq and afganistan havent so why should we give up on them? Truth be told, this is a war against jihadism. Jihadism believe that their main goal is to turn the whole world in to believing in islam. They were once focused on the war in Israel but now it has gravitated to europe and america with their terrorist attacks. not to mention the ones that were thwarted, i think about 6 in the US last year... This is a war that places the good of the western world, against the good of the jihadists... meaning the freedom of religon and democracy compared to the full support of Islam.

The thing is, we americans want to pull out because we no longer realize that freedom of speech, religon, and democracy are not a luxury but an earned priviledge. We need to show people that our way is the right way, and push forward in this war...

This war may last generations, and can not be supported by just one political party. It will take a bipartisan effort to complete the task at hand... however, i cant see that with obama. He is too set for "change" and is too far liberal to ever bring the two sides together. The hatred of him is too great to overcome. (there is some good that could come out of this war, self-effiency, getting rid of jihadists, boost in economy) the thing is, most of the young voters are voting for him because they are misinformed and are following the fad. I however am not, and heres why:

Obama has little experince. 4 years as a state senator

Obama wants to allow illegal immigrants to become citizens, even if they entered illegally. obama says...Millions of undocumented immigrants live and work here without our knowing their identity or their background. We need to strike a workable bargain with them.

Obama wants to allow cities that "harbor" illegals with city laws to stay intact and keep the illegals. Voted NO to amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 to facilitate information sharing between federal and local law enforcement officials related to an individual's immigration status. (so the cities would not have to answer to feds)

Obama wants universal health care coverage... Has anyone seen canada lately? People wait YEARS to get drugs... and guess what... they have universal health care... and he wants to raise taxes to get the money...The time has come for universal health care in America," Obama said at a conference of Families USA, a health care advocacy group. "I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country."

He supports civil unions. Moral issue there with me. Checked YES in response a Human Rights Campaign questionaire asking if the candidate "Supports civil unions for same-sex couples."

Abortion. He agrees with killing a child all the time, i do not. I do understand there are some cases where it needs to be done. (rape, incest) obama says: A woman's ability to decide how many children to have and when, without interference from the government, is one of the most fundamental rights we possess. It is not just an issue of choice, but equality and opportunity for all women also...Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education and contraceptives. Vote to adopt an amendment to the Senate's 2006 Fiscal Year Budget that allocates $100 million for the prevention of unintended pregnancies.

he supports global warming and the fact that our emmissions are warming up the climate. (quick fact: between 1940 and 1970 was the industrial rev. during that time CO2 emissions shot up, in turn we would expect the temp to go up to right? wrong. It didnt go up, it didnt stay the same. it went down.) he wants to increase taxes on those who have a large "carbon footprint" lol.

He does not want to spend time looking for illegal drugs in the Us. maybe thats because he smoked it plenty before. obama:"I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources."

I disagree with having a timetable to get troops out of iraq. thats suicide for those citizens. obama:I think we can be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in. But we have to send a clear message to the Iraqi government as well as to the surrounding neighbors that there is no military solution to the problems that we face in Iraq. So we have to begin a phased withdrawal; have our combat troops out by March 31st of next year; and initiate the kind of diplomatic surge that is necessary in these surrounding regions to make sure that everybody is carrying their weight.

I am informed.

personally I love the conservative thinking of Huckabee... mix that in with the ability to inspire some democrats already and his great economic prowess, (check out arkansas tax system)

Barack Hussein Obama has had my ear, and i think he comes across as a phony and fake, he DOES NOT have my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make all of these accusations but I'd love to see you back it up with actual facts and quotations. I really doubt you can, but feel free to prove me wrong.

From what I've read into what you and others have said in this thread, you'll vote for anyone who claims that they will run an administration that is exactly to the principles of Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

here you go sources... in the above bold.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you can see, you doubted that Obama did/did not do any of these things. You didnt know his platforms, I did. I based my "vote" on substansial things, you just assumed (we all know that saying) that I, like you didnt know the platforms. Well you were wrong, sir. I really wonder if you ever took the time to look into who Obama really is, what he really stands for and his past. If you did, there has to be some red flags flying somewhere. I hope so at least.

And i will keep posting these threads because they are not biased they are the TRUTH. If you can find anything I say to not be factual, PLEASE tell me. I am not a politician, I have nothing to gain, im just hoping to live and prosper forever in this country.

Lastly, i will leave you with this... You may love Barack Obama, and know his catchy phrases about "change" but remember this always... "It is not strange . . . to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Have a blessed day and God Bless America.

[ QUOTE ]

Iran is not a tiny nation that holds us little threat".... On may 19th, A DAY LATER, he said IRAN is "a GRAVE danger".

[/ QUOTE ]

re-read that quote man...he said they are NOT a tiny nation that holds little threat therefore they are a GRAVE danger...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Iran is not a tiny nation that holds us little threat".... On may 19th, A DAY LATER, he said IRAN is "a GRAVE danger".

[/ QUOTE ]

re-read that quote man...he said they are NOT a tiny nation that holds little threat therefore they are a GRAVE danger...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake on my part...

Exact Quote: "Iran, Cuba, Venezuela? These countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose any serious threat to us,"

Next day: "So, I've made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave."

This is from the Chicago Tribune.

[ QUOTE ]

I have some bad news for you - Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States, and not a single one of your biased, amusing threads will change that. Have a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...no he won't...

Beavertail, I do not know your biological age, but young man, your maturity, wisdom and knowledge is certainly refreshing to see. You are very well informed and have based your position on truth and not charisma, which this nation is so prone to do now. Thank you for your post, they are well written and make my day!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake on my part...

Exact Quote: "Iran, Cuba, Venezuela? These countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose any serious threat to us,"

Next day: "So, I've made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave."

This is from the Chicago Tribune.

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem man...your posts here recently have brought new life to the blind when it comes to politics...just figured i would point out one of the rare mistakes you have made through your posts about Obama...keep em coming!

[ QUOTE ]

Beavertail, I do not know your biological age, but young man, your maturity, wisdom and knowledge is certainly refreshing to see. You are very well informed and have based your position on truth and not charisma, which this nation is so prone to do now. Thank you for your post, they are well written and make my day!!

[/ QUOTE ]

....what he said.....

by going repub after being democratic for so long, that state is WEST VIRGINIA

Just one point. West Virginia has fallen into the Repubilcan column 4 of the last 7 Presidential elections (1984,1988,2000,2004). Otherwise your post=good analysis.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First off, I am 19 years old. But thank you for the support. I often find it hard to find Republican people my age, most people especially at college. I have to say I do not love politics, but I love my country. And that love leads me to a lot of time watching and studying candidates and our goverment. Im estactic that you all respect my posts. Thank you.

Sandman, I never thought to go back to before the Clinton Administration to see what way WV went. However, myself, and the experts on CNN and Fox still think WV plays a very big factor in this upcoming election which excites me especially since this is my first year to vote.

Hopefully the choice WV makes will be the same one for the whole country.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're right. The ones we have in there now ought to be in prison.....

[ QUOTE ]

First off, I am 19 years old. But thank you for the support. I often find it hard to find Republican people my age, most people especially at college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto here. 19 year-old proud supporter of the Right side. I think most college students think that they are a free spirit "liberal college student" when in fact they have very conservative views.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

First off, I am 19 years old. But thank you for the support. I often find it hard to find Republican people my age, most people especially at college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto here. 19 year-old proud supporter of the Right side. I think most college students think that they are a free spirit "liberal college student" when in fact they have very conservative views.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head.

Well im 18 and I feel the exact same way beavertail does people are so quick these days to just jump up and say i support someone not knowing there past and when the past is brought to everyones attention they expect everyone to just forget about I for one check the persons past before i give my support.

sure, I'll give you a little reason why...

Barack Obama wants to give undergraduate students $4000.00 to pay for tuition.

So insted of having to take out thousands of dollars in loans and then pay that back plus intrest, he's helping us people whos parents don't pay for their college...

Another reason I hate John McCain is a statement he made almost 4 months ago on Larry King live and also in New Hampshire

[ QUOTE ]

a crowd member asked McCain about a Bush statement that troops could stay in Iraq for 50 years.

"Maybe 100," McCain replied. "As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, it's fine with me and I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

[/ QUOTE ]

Then....McCain sais the War in iraq was over oil, after Bush said it had to do with the Saddam and what he was doing to his people...Who's correct?

[ QUOTE ]

At the conclusion of a town hall held this morning outside in Denver, McCain decided to toss in a plug for his upcoming energy policy rollout. But in the midst of decrying the dangers of Americans reliance on foreign oil, McCain seemed to suggest that this reliance caused the current struggle in Iraq.

"My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will -- that will then prevent us -- that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East,†McCain said.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading that end-part of the story, it sounds like to me he wanted/wants to get the troops out. But in the other story he said they could stay in iraq for "100 years"

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/05/02/974014.aspx

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

So insted of having to take out thousands of dollars in loans and then pay that back plus intrest, he's helping us people whos parents don't pay for their college...

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a little secret... 4000 dollars IS NOTHING... Anywhere else in the country that is MAYBE a FOURTH of how much college costs...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Another reason I hate John McCain is a statement he made almost 4 months ago on Larry King live and also in New Hampshire

[ QUOTE ]

a crowd member asked McCain about a Bush statement that troops could stay in Iraq for 50 years.

"Maybe 100," McCain replied. "As long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, it's fine with me and I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day."

[/ QUOTE ]

Then....McCain sais the War in iraq was over oil, after Bush said it had to do with the Saddam and what he was doing to his people...Who's correct?

[ QUOTE ]

At the conclusion of a town hall held this morning outside in Denver, McCain decided to toss in a plug for his upcoming energy policy rollout. But in the midst of decrying the dangers of Americans reliance on foreign oil, McCain seemed to suggest that this reliance caused the current struggle in Iraq.

"My friends, I will have an energy policy that we will be talking about, which will eliminate our dependence on oil from the Middle East that will -- that will then prevent us -- that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East,†McCain said.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading that end-part of the story, it sounds like to me he wanted/wants to get the troops out. But in the other story he said they could stay in iraq for "100 years"

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/05/02/974014.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

you have misunderstood. Yes he wants to get the people out of Iraq eventually, but he also wants to keep peoplein Iraq to let us have a military base there similar to what we have in other countries, such as Saudi Arabia.

Also, due to the high prices in oil he wants to get away from putting all their eggs in one basket in the middle east when it comes to oil. It had nothing to do with who was right,Bush or McCain,but the fact that America may need to become self suffient, and the start of that trend is Oil. If America does not have to depend on the middle east for oil, then gas prices may go down.

In the end, McCain NEVER contradicted himself. If you read other statements,you can see that he wants to keep people in iraq, as long as people arent dying. He also shows this in the second quote when he talks about "not in conflict"... He doesnt want to get ALL the troops out, but end the conflict and win the war while still maintaining control in Iraqand helping the people, with limited troops.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In return, all colleges and universities will raise tuition by $5000...

You all want to know the REAL reason the US dollar has been devalued???

Increase in minimum wage...and things will get worse over the next two years with the next two increases...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In return, all colleges and universities will raise tuition by $5000...

You all want to know the REAL reason the US dollar has been devalued???

Increase in minimum wage...and things will get worse over the next two years with the next two increases...

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree with you on that. The minimum wage increase sounds good politically but its really detrimental to the economy. Just like giving $4000 for tuition isn't as great as it sounds.