Shaun Brooks

hokie07

has signed his letter of intent to play football at Santa Monica College out on the West Coast. This is the same junior college where Chad Johnson and Steve Smith played college ball and WVVA reported that he will join the team with a chance to earn a starting spot in the secondary right away. It will be great to see Bluefield being represented across the country.

This is great. With Shaun's hard work he could easily gain a starting role and hopefully be offered a spot to join a bigger schools roster and play. I hope that this is a place where Shaun can stay out of trouble and keep his focus on school and football. Congratulations.

I am surprised WVVA got the drop on this story before anyone else did. Most of the time they are behind all other outlets.

Erica Greenway and LeAnn Long are the first two reasons I watch WVVA.

[ QUOTE ]

why is he going all the way to the west cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

..... following BDT article on his decision and why. He'll like the Santa Monica area....the surroundings are very appealing to the eye; however, LA is just the opposite IMO.

(LA has to much traffic, cars honking their horns constantly, must be a requirement to get your driver's license out there to demonstrate that skill)

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_171231922.html

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

why is he going all the way to the west cost?

[/ QUOTE ]

..... following BDT article on his decision and why. He'll like the Santa Monica area....the surroundings are very appealing to the eye; however, LA is just the opposite IMO.

(LA has to much traffic, cars honking their horns constantly, must be a requirement to get your driver's license out there to demonstrate that skill)

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_171231922.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, it must be pretty bad because this is coming from somebody that lives near ATL.

I sure hope Shaun can keep his head straight. Football wise he should do very well out there. I really wish he had the grades coming straight out of high school to go D-1 and represent Bluefield. I wish all the luck to him and Ansel both.

• 2 weeks later...