WWE Cancels Ric Flair Appearance

bucfan64

The Great Buchanan Bash, scheduled for June 28th has been cancelled. Due to the WWE cancelling Ric Flair's appearance at the event, the event coordinators decided that it would be better to cancel the event than to try and find a suitable replacement at such a short notice. I honestly don't think that there is a suitable replacement myself.

The reason given "Management has decided that it is not in the best interest of the company to have Mr. Flair appear at another promotions event at this time."

The day before we were given a 100% approval by the same person, the director of talent relations and assistant to John Laurenitis. The Twin Valley Athletic Boosters apologize for any inconvenience that this may have called.

If you have purchased tickets to the event, you may receive a full refund by taking the ticket back to the person or place of purchase. The tickets must be turned in to receive a refund. Refunds will be given until June 27th.

To voice your displeasure with the WWE's decision feel free to contact their Ct. Office at 203-352-8600.

[ QUOTE ]

The Great Buchanan Bash, scheduled for June 28th has been cancelled. Due to the WWE cancelling Ric Flair's appearance at the event, the event coordinators decided that it would be better to cancel the event than to try and find a suitable replacement at such a short notice. I honestly don't think that there is a suitable replacement myself.

The reason given "Management has decided that it is not in the best interest of the company to have Mr. Flair appear at another promotions event at this time."

The day before we were given a 100% approval by the same person, the director of talent relations and assistant to John Laurenitis. The Twin Valley Athletic Boosters apologize for any inconvenience that this may have called.

If you have purchased tickets to the event, you may receive a full refund by taking the ticket back to the person or place of purchase. The tickets must be turned in to receive a refund. Refunds will be given until June 27th.

To voice your displeasure with the WWE's decision feel free to contact their Ct. Office at 203-352-8600.

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you he wasn't coming..........

Listen he was coming to the show it is not like the guy came on here and lied to you guys just to get you to buy tickets to the show. They called the show off just because he was not going to be able to make it like i have said before they could have waited until the day of the thing and then told everyone once they were done there but they came out and said something that is not in our hands have prevented this from happening.

Actually, you said that he wasn't coming, when he was contractually obligated to come, so technically you were wrong.

Now, he isn't coming, so your post should read "he ISN'T COMING."

I know the facts and really could care less about your "I told you so" comments. The Athletic Boosters could, but have chosen not to, sue for damages. Nuff said about this subject.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, you said that he wasn't coming, when he was contractually obligated to come, so technically you were wrong.

I know the facts and really could care less about your "I told you so" comments. The Athletic Boosters could, but have chosen not to, sue for damages. Nuff said about this subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I said he isn't coming to Oakwood,VA. And he isn't. Did you really think he was coming? Signed contract or not, he is an WWE employee. What your booster club is file suit against WWE? They would bankrupt your club in a matter of weeks. They aren't fighting it, because it's not worth the fight. Kudos to them for giving it a shot, but the reality is that the NWA is not a WWE affiliate. I knew he was never coming, sorry it made you mad but that is just the reality of it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one who had the friend who had Flair "contactually obligated" to show at his bar...and he didn't...and that's why I said he wasn't coming.

I mean c'mon, think about this logically, if a man who is known for his "stylin' and profilin'" isn't going to show up at a bar just to make an appearance and get paid for doing it, he isn't going to show up at some rasslin' "has been" reunion in Buchanan County...

Sorry to tell you guys but you are WRONG!

I know that CPF or CRS whatever his intials are stated that Ric Flair was a WWE employee and therefore couldn't and wouldn't show up. Well mister wise ASS Jerry Lawler is a WWE employee and he performed at a show we held in GRUNDY last year. Golddust was performing on Smackdown and he performed at TWIN VALLEY TWICE AND RICHLANDS ONCE while under contract with THE WWE. In all three occassions we received PERMISSION from WWE to book these two performers.

If you don't think that Ric Flair can be booked for an appearance, then please check out his website and ask for MRS. ELAINE GILLESPIE, so that she can set your all wise and GOD like personality STRAIGHT.

http://www.thegillespieagency.com/

(now according to YOUR theories, after visiting the website, your probably saying, "this gillespie bunch don't know as much as I do, Ric Flair works for the WWE and there is no way that he will appear at ANY OF THEIR EVENTS, cause I'm CPF and me knows all things......, ah what the heck, who cares about the facts, I will still spew my rhetoric cause I own a computer and my very own keyboard!"

The ONLY reason that Ric Flair was pulled from the event was the fact that MR. Bill Trobich from the NWA released a very harsh blog and message on NWAWRESTLING.COM about Vince McMahon cancelling Ric Flairs appearance at the NWA HALL OF FAME CEREMONY. In retaliation to the NWA we received contact from WWE Director of Talent Relations JOhn Laurenitits and his assistant that Ric Flair would not appear because "at this time management does not think it is in the best interest of the company to allow Mr. Flair to make an appearance that is related to his appearing in a non WWE wrestling ring."

Flair can make appearances and had the NWA NOT TRASHED McMahon and the WWE he would have appeared prior to the show with the meet and greet book signing and he would have appeared in the wrestling ring to receive a plaque from NWA ALL STAR WRESTLING.

If WWE talent cannot appear at a wrestling show, as you have stated, please explain to me how GOLDDUST, JERRY LAWLER, MICK FOLEY, STEVE AUSTIN, AND others are appearing at book signings, promotions and other events throughout the country. Heck even RODDY PIPER could have appeared after the Flair cancellation and we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and expense to bring him in, by the way he currently is appearing on WWE PROGRAMMING and he too can be booked through the GILLESPIE AGENCY along with MICK FOLEY. Who appeared recently on a WWE pay per view.

You, are misinformed and uneducated when it comes to the world of professional athletes and booking entertainment in general. Please consider what you are about to type before you allow your ignorance to be spewed all over this message board.

Regardless of what you say or comment regarding this post, you are wrong and the facts remain the same! The contract was legit and all involved had NOTHING BUT GOOD INTENTIONS!

By the way have you ever heard of a forfeiture clause?

We have and we will be receiving one for the no show!

[ QUOTE ]

You, are misinformed and uneducated when it comes to the world of professional wrestling and booking entertainment in general. Please consider what you are about to type before you allow your ignorance to be spewed all over this message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing ignorant about this is the wrestling. Professional wrestling is the most pointless thing to watch on this earth. They are nothing but juiced up guys that like to sweat all over each other and act like they are fighting.

Get a life...please.

I suppose that you are right, pro wrestling is considered by many to be a total waste of time. But it sure as heck makes some money and has made a lot of money for our athletic programs. By the way the top drawing t.v. program for several years now, consistently has been pro wrestling. Somebody is watching the stuff.........

as far as a life, I've got one and pretty darn good one at that!

The suspension of disbelief is required when watching a movie, a tv show and big time wrestling. The last time I checked the movies that we watch at the theater and the t.v. programs we watch are "just as fake" as pro wrestling but nobody ever complains about those things.Whatever genre you prefer in most cases you have to suspend your belief for a few minutes or hours to be entertained. I never went and watched Superman and left the theater thinking that I could fly!

By the way pro athletes sweat and many are JUICED UP as you say, so would that make viewers of those programs weird?

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, right, and that movie that you paid $7.00 bucks to see the other day it was REAL and so are the TV shows that you watch on that little box, they are all real people with a camera conveniently positioned to capture there whole life........

The suspension of disbelief is required when watching a movie, a tv show and big time wrestling. Whatever genre you prefer........oh by the way, those basketball players that played in the finals last week, all of them were sweating as well so I guess that everyone that watches sports are closet weirdos as well........or at least according to your theory

[/ QUOTE ]

But, dammit, most movies have a plot and are enjoyable to watch. Wrestling is nothing like basketball. These basketball players are playing a real game and not "fighting" with each other.

there is a rule when criticizing something.

YOU DO NOT CRITICIZE SOMETHING BECAUSE IT IS NOT SOMETHING ELSE

The Nielson Ratings DON'T LIE! Wrestling as stupid as it may seem, is very popular and it is very lucrative!

By the way where is the plot in a ball game? Does all entertainment require a plot? Wrestling does have writers and script writers, I will admit that they aren't that good, but MMA promoters especially the guy from UFC has copied a ton of things from Pro wrestling.

I hope that you didn't think that those promos that Couture and the gang are giving are straight from the heart, NEWSFLASH "those promos are written for them, if you don't believe it read some insider mags or visit a few MMA SITES"

nuff said!

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to tell you guys but you are WRONG!

I know that CPF or CRS whatever his intials are stated that Ric Flair was a WWE employee and therefore couldn't and wouldn't show up. Well mister wise ASS Jerry Lawler is a WWE employee and he performed at a show we held in GRUNDY last year. Golddust was performing on Smackdown and he performed at TWIN VALLEY TWICE AND RICHLANDS ONCE while under contract with THE WWE. In all three occassions we received PERMISSION from WWE to book these two performers.

If you don't think that Ric Flair can be booked for an appearance, then please check out his website and ask for MRS. ELAINE GILLESPIE, so that she can set your all wise and GOD like personality STRAIGHT.

http://www.thegillespieagency.com/

(now according to YOUR theories, after visiting the website, your probably saying, "this gillespie bunch don't know as much as I do, Ric Flair works for the WWE and there is no way that he will appear at ANY OF THEIR EVENTS, cause I'm CPF and me knows all things......, ah what the heck, who cares about the facts, I will still spew my rhetoric cause I own a computer and my very own keyboard!"

The ONLY reason that Ric Flair was pulled from the event was the fact that MR. Bill Trobich from the NWA released a very harsh blog and message on NWAWRESTLING.COM about Vince McMahon cancelling Ric Flairs appearance at the NWA HALL OF FAME CEREMONY. In retaliation to the NWA we received contact from WWE Director of Talent Relations JOhn Laurenitits and his assistant that Ric Flair would not appear because "at this time management does not think it is in the best interest of the company to allow Mr. Flair to make an appearance that is related to his appearing in a non WWE wrestling ring."

Flair can make appearances and had the NWA NOT TRASHED McMahon and the WWE he would have appeared prior to the show with the meet and greet book signing and he would have appeared in the wrestling ring to receive a plaque from NWA ALL STAR WRESTLING.

If WWE talent cannot appear at a wrestling show, as you have stated, please explain to me how GOLDDUST, JERRY LAWLER, MICK FOLEY, STEVE AUSTIN, AND others are appearing at book signings, promotions and other events throughout the country. Heck even RODDY PIPER could have appeared after the Flair cancellation and we decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and expense to bring him in, by the way he currently is appearing on WWE PROGRAMMING and he too can be booked through the GILLESPIE AGENCY along with MICK FOLEY. Who appeared recently on a WWE pay per view.

You, are misinformed and uneducated when it comes to the world of professional athletes and booking entertainment in general. Please consider what you are about to type before you allow your ignorance to be spewed all over this message board.

Regardless of what you say or comment regarding this post, you are wrong and the facts remain the same! The contract was legit and all involved had NOTHING BUT GOOD INTENTIONS!

By the way have you ever heard of a forfeiture clause?

We have and we will be receiving one for the no show!

Awwww. Somebody is getting a little hot under the collar now aren't they? Boo-hoo-hoo. And by the way, Goldnuts,or dust or whatever you want to call that flamer, and Jerry Lawler are not Ric Flair. He isn't coming, he wasn't coming, he never will come. This is the Nature Boy Ric Flair. He has standards you know. Where is he going to "Naitch" at? The Comfort Inn in Grundy? The Little Big Horn? And yes I know why he isn't coming, but once again the fact remains that I said he wasn't coming from the moment you made your press release, and I guess I am right. Seems that you can't handle that fact. The almighty has spoken, and once again he is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guest JJBrickface

Tully Blanchard is still not pleased and wrestling is still fake.

Why do you guys have to keep on its bad enough that he is not going to be allowed to come much less have to hear you too who don't even watch wrestling i bet sit here and act like you know what your talking about. He was coming now he is not its over maybe sometime later on he will get a chance to come to another show but i doubt the folks at twin valley would want to go through all this mess again.

Guest JJBrickface

He will never show up, wrestling will never be real, and Tully Blanchard will not be pleased.