ESPN can eat it

bcbathletics

Im tired of ESPN spreading this "titletown" over months of coverage with no anwser, so therefore i have decided to start my own, same as on there, id just like to know everyones general idea on what city nationwide can truly be regarded as the one and only "titletown." Personally, i believe it is Boston, Mass. but that just me, please leave your responses im very intrigued by this poll.

As much as I hate to say it, Titletown can objectively only be Los Angeles. UCLA is carrying the town with 100+ combined national championships, while USC adds some of their own championships in football, especially recently. In professional sports, you can't look past the Lakers' titles while the Dodgers have added a couple titles of their own. There really isn't a city that can boast that much success.

Parkersburg, WV will be featured on Titletown sometime this coming week, I believe. There are close to 200 total championships between Parkersburg (AAA), Parkersburg South (AAA), and Williamson (A). This is far from my vote but I figured I would share for those who were unaware they are actual finalists.

My biased vote would go to the town that bleeds Carolina blue...

We don't have a lot of people, nor any professional sports teams, but here is a stat for you. AAA is the highest level that a high school can compete at in W.Va. Both schools mentioned hereafter are AAA schools.

[+] EnlargeAP Photo/Mollie Woody

Parkersburg celebrates a 22-15 win over St. Albans in the Class AAA state championship football game Dec. 1 in Wheeling, W.V.

In Parkersburg, we have accumulated 192 overall state championships in 103 years with 183 if those coming since 1950.

Parkersburg High School alone has 137 championships in its 103 years of existence.

There is also another AAA school in Parkersburg called Parkersburg South High School, who, by the way, has 38 titles in 40 years. Not to be outdone Parkersburg Catholic, a single A school, has 17 state titles of its own. Not bad considering that there are 136 high school teams in West Virginia with 38 in AAA.

We may not have a pro sports team, but in high school sports, Parkersburg as a whole is pretty dominant.

[ QUOTE ]

boston counts the patriots n they're like a hour away..someone said that yesterday i agree though

[/ QUOTE ]

What ESPN needs to do is showcase the college and high school towns around America. Forget Boston, LA, Chicago, NY, etc. They get enough sports press already. I like hearing about the Valdostas (Ga), Massillons (Oh), and Parkersburgs of the world.

I would think Salem Va would be considered for titletown.. im sure someone can help me out on all the championships they hold but im pretty sure they host alotta division 2 and 3 national championships in many sports..

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, i have already stated my anwser as Boston and that isn't changing, but i think they *espn* shouyld cover more highschools and colleges that have equally high number of championships, if not higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in most cases the passion is much, much greater at the college and high school levels. The few expections would include the Red Sox.

[ QUOTE ]

I would think Salem Va would be considered for titletown.. im sure someone can help me out on all the championships they hold but im pretty sure they host alotta division 2 and 3 national championships in many sports..

[/ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg could be considered well i might assume...i know they have the most state titles in VA for soccer...but im not sure about the other sports...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg could be considered well i might assume...i know they have the most state titles in VA for soccer...but im not sure about the other sports...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not trying to be facetious, but Blacksburg would never (at least in the foreseeable future) be on that countdown. Why? When people not-in-the-know think of Blacksburg, they think of Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech doesn't have any NCAA team titles.

I might have a half dozen friends who know how many soccer titles Blacksburg High has. Everyone I know knows Virginia Tech.

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else hear Carson Palmer's rant on how he hates Ohio State? I am now a huge Carson Palmer fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think!

I cannot stand the Buckeyes. Questionably dirty programs, terrible fans, you name it, they've got it. Their campus isn't even remotely attractive (outside their fitness centers).