the SWD

GHS61

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it could be up for grabs this year. If I had to pick right now I would go with Graham. I know Richlands and Abingdon lost quite a bit. Marion will be ok but they lost their qb and rb. I don`t see them taking the district with a new qb. I believe Carroll County may surprise some people as well.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham`s home schedule:

8/29 - Beaver (neutral)

9/6 - Christiansburg

9/19 - Richlands

9/27 - Gretna

10/3 - Grundy

10/24 - Abingdon

[/ QUOTE ]

the christiansburg game is the first game of the season and its away.

[ QUOTE ]

swd final results as i see it.

1 Graham (2 good RBs plus a huge line = a lotta wins)

2 Richlands

3 Abingdon

4 Carroll

5 Marion

6 Tazewell

7 Grundy

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

This really could get interesting. I think SWD is up for grabs top to bottom. I still think Richlands is the team to beat, untill there beat. Does Abingdon have anything left? Can Graham run the football? We will see. How will Marion's new coach fair? Alot of questions.

So a few years later has anyone noticed that CC's home record has become more even since they switched the ref's out?

I think Grundy can win a few games this year....still think Richlands is going to be the team to beat though.

1.Richlands

2.Graham

3.Marion

4Abingdon

5.Carrol

6.Dawgs

7.Grundy

I think the Richlands / Graham game will be the deciding game. Graham always plays the Blues though no matter what kind of team they have. I personally dont think anyone will run the table in the district this year.

[ QUOTE ]

May very well see the Blues and Gmen tangle in the playoffs aswell. I think that RB at Richlands will tell alot on what kink of season they will have.

[/ QUOTE ]

What RB at Richlands??? Richlands' strength will be their returning QB and O-line. If they find a couple of kids with reliable hands and someone to carry the rock, they'll be extremely tough again.

That boy that came from Georgia. I think he is a sophmore this year. I have heard he is quick. Not sure excatly how good he is but heard he has tremdous talent. I have not seen him play.

You hit the nail on the head about the strength of the team. Replacing the Wideouts will be though. Also the defensive secondary will be a little weak this year.

[ QUOTE ]

That boy that came from Georgia. I think he is a sophmore this year. I have heard he is quick. Not sure excatly how good he is but heard he has tremdous talent. I have not seen him play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't seen him play, only heard about him. This is the first I've heard of him...does such a person really exist???

I was a little reluctant to believe it to because you know how stuff gets started. I have heard from some pretty reliable sources that he is at school and with the team. No I have not seen him or his ability to play. He was supposed to have been pretty good where he was at in Georgia. I guess the only way we will no for sure is when the season starts.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes there is a transfer from Atlanta, Georgia. It is now officially confirmed. He is a sophomore. He is talented but he is young.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would anyone move from Atlanta to anywhere close to richlands...poor kid.