22. Penn State

9-4 313 25

23. Wake Forest

9-4 203 NR

24. Michigan

9-4 112 19

25. Fresno State 9-4 91 NR

Others receiving votes

Alabama (7-6) 83; South Carolina (6-6) 64; Utah (9-4) 60; Florida State (7-6) 53; Rutgers (8-5) 53; Boston College (11-3) 47; California (7-6) 41; Pittsburgh (5-7) 34; Boise State (10-3) 25; Oregon State (9-4) 23; Nebraska (5-7) 17; Cincinnati (10-3) 13; Virginia (9-4) 12; Connecticut (9-4) 9; Michigan State (7-6) 9; Mississippi State (8-5) 6; Kentucky (8-5) 5; Notre Dame (3-9) 5; TCU (8-5) 5; Maryland (6-7) 4; North Carolina (4-8) 3; Texas A&M (7-6) 3; UCLA (6-7) 3; Central Florida (10-4) 2; Georgia Tech (7-6) 2; Louisville (6-6) 2; Arizona (5-7) 1; Colorado (6-7) 1; Oklahoma State (7-6) 1; Tulsa (10-4) 1.

WVU??? #8??? They'll go undefeated in the BE, and in all likelihood for the season, and #8 is as high as they'll rank them in preseason??? Hell, that shows how little respect they get from the coaches...

I'm shocked that VT is ranked as high as they are after all the players they lost from last year's team...

Just received a flyer from our HOA.... they're planning a big Tailgate Gala down at our clubhouse/pavillion for the Dawgs/Gators backyard brawl w/the game to be shown on a projected big screen. There'll be seperate areas for each fan/supporters and grills available.

If I go down, I'll wear my VT shirt but, I'll cheer for the Dawgs....no, Gator luv from this fan...lol.

ESPN radio was just discussing this and making fun of Georgia, saying that the town has shutdown to celebrate being preseason #1. They then read a fake press release from the NCAA stating that Georgia must still play their schedule win the title on the field, that it won't simply be handed to them for being preseason #1. Good stuff.

I don't kid myself.....w/Tebow at the helm the Gators are gonna be tuff. He's probably the epitome of a "pure" (his style of play) football player, if there is or was ever such a thing. A true "throwback" that ANY fan loves to watch. I'll be pulling for him to win the Heisman again, even if he is a Gator.

the coaches poll is a joke...these guys are to busy worrying about their own program to keep up with what everyone else has going on in depth...they offer a slightly more educated guess than a common fan poll...total joke and this just supports that.

I am very surprised that WVU is not ranked higher. Considering what they have returning and the great possibility of them running the table, it truly surprises me that Missouri is ranked ahead of them. I'm also shocked to see Virginia Tech ranked as high as they are; I didnt even think they'd make the top 25. I think Kansas is going to be a blunder this year at #13 and Wisconsin being #12 is a little over the top. It surprises me that UNC wasnt in the top 25, but I have a strong feeling that they will be in there when it counts at the end of the season.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

the coaches poll is a joke...these guys are to busy worrying about their own program to keep up with what everyone else has going on in depth...they offer a slightly more educated guess than a common fan poll...total joke and this just supports that.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the time coaches dont even fill it out... assistants, usually grad assistants do it...

[ QUOTE ]

Considering how many people UNC returns from a decent team last year and with how much Tech lost, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Davis is a excellent recruiter, but a suspect coach. How many times did his Miami teams fail in the Big East?? Hell, he only beat Beamer once.

[ QUOTE ]

Considering how many people UNC returns from a decent team last year

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT??? A decent team last year??? They were 4-8 with two of those wins coming against I-AA James Madison and I-AA wannabe, Duke. The only two games they won against "quality" teams was Miami and Maryland...neither of which finished over .500.

If my team was returning 18 starters from a 4-8 team, I'd be concerned with the upcoming season, not excited...yeh, they may be a year older but they probably aren't much better...if they struggle with McNeese St. in the first game, it could be another tough season in Chapel Hill...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Considering how many people UNC returns from a decent team last year

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT??? A decent team last year??? They were 4-8 with two of those wins coming against I-AA James Madison and I-AA wannabe, Duke. The only two games they won against "quality" teams was Miami and Maryland...neither of which finished over .500.

If my team was returning 18 starters from a 4-8 team, I'd be concerned with the upcoming season, not excited...yeh, they may be a year older but they probably aren't much better...if they struggle with McNeese St. in the first game, it could be another tough season in Chapel Hill...

[/ QUOTE ]

They also lost six of those 8 games by a combined 24 points. The sign of a very young team that didn't have the experience to close. They gave Tech all they wanted and then some last year in Blacksburg, and they'll do the same again this year. Don't be surprised if Carolina doesn't beat Tech at Kenan in September. Carolina will most definitely be improved, but will still be relatively young. However, there's no doubt that Butch Davis is righting the ship in Chapel Hill and the Heels will be the team that Tech will have to worry most about on a yearly basis in the Coastal.

Guest JJBrickface

I graduated from WVU in 2007. If any of you need any tips on how to burn stuff and rage all night then I will give you my card.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If UNC beats VT, Blacksburg is going to be a alcohol fueled Morgantown-like riot. And I'll light a few of the fires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, count me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme in on this as well

As long as Stiney is at VT running the offense any thing is possible...we will shut down the offense and hope that Bud's "D" will be good enough to win the game.

Thankfully Foster is a Hokie!