Is PH Rebels the real deal this year

#1falconfan

PH got the big ole Falcons this friday abingdon looking good this year but is Ph looking better I know when abingdon played pund in the pre-season they struggled a whole lot. So got any comments post them a bout the game this friday

Dude, wtf?

PH has been terrible all pre-season and struggled to beat Pound.

Abingdon had a benefit with Chilhowie and lost pretty bad but Chilhowie is halfway decent. Abingdon also toasted Battle, which says very little about them, but it's a win nonetheless. I would say Abingdon has at least a 35 point advantage in this one.

PH may finish the season 2-8 if they get all of their ducks in row, which is twice the amount of wins I would expect them to have regardless.

First, I would like to say something about the opening statement, "Is PH Rebels the real deal this year." You have got to be kidding me. Are you really that stupid?

Abingdon will roll them just like last year. What have any of these PH players accomplished? Nothing! Groves had to come back just to get on the field in a full time capacity. The Gonzales kid wouldn't have gotten many touches with Tuff moving to the backfield in Chi-town. The front line couldn't block Tazewell. How are they going to block Abingdon?

lol,umm..ph didn't play there first string till the 3rd..ya know..why is it abingdon always thinks they are num 1?I just so happen to know a team that has there num alot of yrs but still they are picked over us.makes no sense..I'm from marion and we get over looked because for yrs we had problems with coaching and kids coming out.i have family all over and i hear ph is very good.marion plays poor old northwood fri so i might just slide down to A town to see.BY the way..i think the big game will be ph and holston..CAVS n REBELS

Dude, wtf?

PH has been terrible all pre-season and struggled to beat Pound.

Abingdon had a benefit with Chilhowie and lost pretty bad but Chilhowie is halfway decent. Abingdon also toasted Battle, which says very little about them, but it's a win nonetheless. I would say Abingdon has at least a 35 point advantage in this one.

PH may finish the season 2-8 if they get all of their ducks in row, which is twice the amount of wins I would expect them to have regardless.

I say 4-6, They already beat Pound of course. Probably beat Northwood, Holston, (Based on history, doesn't seem to matter how much better Holston is than PH, they can never beat them) and maybe Rural Retreat. But in any case, you never know until the game is played.

lol,umm..ph didn't play there first string till the 3rd..ya know..why is it abingdon always thinks they are num 1?I just so happen to know a team that has there num alot of yrs but still they are picked over us.makes no sense..I'm from marion and we get over looked because for yrs we had problems with coaching and kids coming out.i have family all over and i hear ph is very good.marion plays poor old northwood fri so i might just slide down to A town to see.BY the way..i think the big game will be ph and holston..CAVS n REBELS

Why on earth would PH wait until the third quarter to play their first string? I have never heard of this strategy before. Play the second string the first half on a season opener. Where is the logic? Can anyone else answer this?

Why on earth would a coach start the second string on a season opener? I have never heard of this logic before. Can anyone else answer this or make sense of it?? Did he let the lineman run the ball and put the backs blocking too??

The front line couldn't block Tazewell. How are they going to block Abingdon?

And Tazewell beat GW...........Correct?

Sounds to me like they must be pretty decent to have done that. Forget about them being 1-9 last year, this is THIS year.

he played his 2nd string so they could get sum time playing.pound has big guys but no speed.ph is pretty good this yr just nobody has really saw them turn it on yet.fact is heads might turn after fri's game against the falcons.

abingdon fan saying they couldnt stop tazwell how they going to stop abingdon???? one tazewell is a heck of alot better than abingdon from what ive seen so far. saying ph is for real??? maybe strecthing it a little bit but for a small school alot of athletes on that team. and for the chilhowie guy posting.....lol......lol nevermind

Their first string played all night. It is not like they have a ton a players to two platoon. If their second string played the first half, how did Gonzalez lead that first drive? How did Thompson make that hit. Groves was even in at reveiver at one point.

Last time I checked we had the winning season last year. Should've beat Richlands @ Earnie Hicks. No disrespect but the only team PH beat with a winning record last year was Holston and what I hear, it was BS. I hate it, but PH is a graveyard for football. I think we'll have no problem tonight, should be able to rest our starters in the second half. Falcons 49 Rebels 7. Go Falcons!

abingdon fan saying they couldnt stop tazwell how they going to stop abingdon???? one tazewell is a heck of alot better than abingdon from what ive seen so far. saying ph is for real??? maybe strecthing it a little bit but for a small school alot of athletes on that team. and for the chilhowie guy posting.....lol......lol nevermind

Was that a compliment waiting to happen?

Let it out big guy

Last time I checked we had the winning season last year. Should've beat Richlands @ Earnie Hicks. No disrespect but the only team PH beat with a winning record last year was Holston and what I hear, it was BS. I hate it, but PH is a graveyard for football. I think we'll have no problem tonight, should be able to rest our starters in the second half. Falcons 49 Rebels 7. Go Falcons!

I would be surprised if PH even scores 7. All you have to do is stop Groves, jsut like every other year he play. You are right...the Holston game last year was BS. Those refs better not come to Damascus this year and we owe PH some pay back. I really think the best challenge for Abingdon in the county would be Holston.

PH will be wishing that Abingdon would milk the clock. Oh wait, they will not have to worry about that. A-town will be up by 35 at the half, so the ol' clock will be running all the way through the second half because of the slaughter rule. Get my point!

I would be surprised if PH even scores 7. All you have to do is stop Groves, jsut like every other year he play. You are right...the Holston game last year was BS. Those refs better not come to Damascus this year and we owe PH some pay back. I really think the best challenge for Abingdon in the county would be Holston.

Haha, you holston guys crack me up. St Paul isn't no Richlands or anybody from the SWD, so don't get too excited. We would love to be in the hogo we'd been in playoffs every year!

Haha, you holston guys crack me up. St Paul isn't no Richlands or anybody from the SWD, so don't get too excited. We would love to be in the hogo we'd been in playoffs every year!

Really? Because you haven't beaten Chilhowie in 4 years and they've not been to the playoffs except once. It's just a benefit game, sure, but a couple 50-teen benefit games mean something. Plus Lebanon was in there for a while, there's another 40-0 game in favor of a Hogo team. You wouldn't beat GW, you wouldn't beat RR (except maybe this year). You may beat John Battle, PH, and maybe you would have beaten Holston- that doesn't mean you would have ever won the Hogoheegee.

i dont know what everyone is complaning about. the kid fumbled the ball b4 he got 2the endzone why holston spiked the very next play was the dumbest thing i have ever seen but they are kids. thereason damascus fans think its crap iscause they lost. if it would had went the other way ph fans would had felt the same way. i was acually at the game......trust me the kid was a good yard and a half from the endzone. i quoted last year that ph would win a close one but i took into consideration that had a beast in Marcus Montgumery......this may be holstons year to get ph. really waiting to see how rebels far against a-town and holston against bland

ok preacher!!! you have over 1000 students to choose from. I agree with another poster on down. you saide you would win the Hogoheegee??? LOL G.W. is always good. you cant beat Chilhowie in presaeason ph and holston could combine and still have 400 less students than you and probably beat you.... if you was in the hogo you should be able to win!!!!!!!