Congrats to Tazewell

HurricaneWarning

I think it says a lot about single A football around here when an AA district foresees a strong year when one of their teams beats two A teams. Of course, the lines between A and AA are often blurred in these parts, I still think it speaks well about single A football.

Not selling the SWD short by any means, it is one of the most historical districts in the entire state.

i agree single A in this area traditionally produces some very strong teams and with so many AA teams with A enrollments and others sitting right at the cut-off line sw va football, A and AA, speaks well for itself

I wonder if they still remember that 61-0 whuppin you guys put on them a couple years ago. You know what they say about payback........

Oh yeah that loss is still fresh in the players and coaches minds......Especially after Mance tried his best to run the score up......I'm sure that running the score up on richlands is what Tazewell would love to do but Richlands is still Richlands....and this is a rivalry. Richlands is still a quality football and if Tazewell can just get the win, i'll be pleased.

But all I can say is.......HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!!!

Oh yeah that loss is still fresh in the players and coaches minds......Especially after Mance tried his best to run the score up......I'm sure that running the score up on richlands is what Tazewell would love to do but Richlands is still Richlands....and this is a rivalry. Richlands is still a quality football and if Tazewell can just get the win, i'll be pleased.

How Bout Them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Tazewell needs this off week we have a few key players that have bumps and bruises..... And the Dawgs will be ready for the Cavs to come to town..... And I will say this other teams better watch coming across the middle for a pass because number 21 is a head hunter....

That year I dont think Mance had to try his best to run up the score. The team was just loaded. If I remember correctly the second string was in at the start of the second half. What more could you ask for...our JV to start the game?

But this is besides the point. Tazewell seems to have a great teamt this season, and I have no doubt that they will play Richlands hard. I dont think they need any more motivation to win the game other than it being against a rival like Richlands. Im already excited about it. Actually Im a little nervous about with the way both teams have been playing the past two weeks. Best of luck to Tazewell until then.

It's odd how all the private messages i have been getting for the last several months. about how Matt Muncy wasnt good enough to play D1 at wake suddenly stopped....

I'm still not convinced he's D-1 material...but he is better than most Class A players he's gone up against so far this season....

I'm still not convinced he's D-1 material...but he is better than most Class A players he's gone up against so far this season....

Well at this point, he still a high school kid who is contributing to his team success, and that's all that can be asked from this young man.

I'm not sure if he's D-1 material either, but he has impressed at the camps and those two "A" teams that Tazewell has played could compete with any AA (Division 3) (Dteam in the region this year. He looked pretty good at the TD classic in Pulaski when I watched them there. I must say that I was more impressed with Pauley, however, he made some great catches, but lacks size.

It doesn't matter if the G-man thinks he's D1 material or not....Wake does........After all the things that have been said about Muncy on these boards, most of it negative, I'm not going to be too upset if he shreds the SWD....

I'm not sure if he's D-1 material either, but he has impressed at the camps and those two "A" teams that Tazewell has played could compete with any AA (Division 3) (Dteam in the region this year. He looked pretty good at the TD classic in Pulaski when I watched them there. I must say that I was more impressed with Pauley, however, he made some great catches, but lacks size.

Which Pauley, Brandon or Zach?

Congratulations to the Dawgs!!! This is a year where Tazewell's line, defense and offense, skill players, good coaching, and hard work have all come together at the right time. I especially salute TJ, for his herculean efforts in wanting to and getting back on the football field. When you are motivated like he is, I think it carries over to the rest of the team to go the extra mile in practice and the game. As for the poster, who stated Mance ran the score up on Tazewell, not his style. The Blues talent that year was awesome and the JV did play the second half, not the starters.

It'd Brandon there talking about #10......

Yeah # 10 made some really good catches. I was impressed with Tazewell at the TD classic, really moved the ball well against a very powerful Pulaski team. You've got a fine qb also, he throws the ball very accurately and did a great job rolling out and finding the open man.

Congratulations to the Dawgs!!! This is a year where Tazewell's line, defense and offense, skill players, good coaching, and hard work have all come together at the right time. I especially salute TJ, for his herculean efforts in wanting to and getting back on the football field. When you are motivated like he is, I think it carries over to the rest of the team to go the extra mile in practice and the game. As for the poster, who stated Mance ran the score up on Tazewell, not his style. The Blues talent that year was awesome and the JV did play the second half, not the starters.

Calling a Fake punt when you're up by 40 plus points in definitely running the score up in my book....

Calling a Fake punt when you're up by 40 plus points in definitely running the score up in my book....

It wasnt even half time yet... get over it. If they couldn't play at least one half of "real" football then they shouldnt have even been on the field. Besides, the score was only 35-0 at the time of the fake punt.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I can understand your position, but I assure you, he didn't call that play. As I said, this is not Coach Mance's style, was called by over-eager young players-not a seasoned coach.

Edited by tbgfan