??

BHS85

Guest JJBrickface

I just posted a thread as well and it was either deleted or didn't make it?

just to comment on the video - the pile moved across the line - but that doesn't mean anything - you still can't see the ball cross the goal line

I think that is the only premise that the officials have for not calling it a TD...without seeing the ball break the plane, by rule, the officials can not call it a TD...

Here was my post from the VIP board...

"I am trying to be as unbiased as I possibly can be, and you know me, I am pretty honest when it comes to things like this (inspite of being accused of cheating in the pick'em last season).

The Bluefield o-line moved into the endzone, Cole appears to be at the goalline BUT the ball is not visible on the video. You will see the two side judges both come in and mark the spot short of the goalline and the white hat digging into the pile. The white hat stands up, raises his right hand signalling the end of the game, the officials head towards the locker room and all heck breaks loose.

I think the whole key to this call is the lack of visibility of the ball. If the officials did not see the ball cross the goalline, they can not call it a touchdown, even though it would appear that Cole's body has broken the plane of the goalline...they can't make their judgement based on where the player's body is. "

There are plenty of times the ball is not seen on these type of plays. I can show you another QB sneak in the same game with the same set of officials that the ball was not seen and a TD was awarded. The official has to assume the ball is in player possession unless he sees it loose.

they stalled on that call too - until they dug through and found the qb w/ the ball in the endzone - I think had they found cole w/ the ball in the end zone they would have called a TD

There are plenty of times the ball is not seen on these type of plays. I can show you another QB sneak in the same game with the same set of officials that the ball was not seen and a TD was awarded. The official has to assume the ball is in player possession unless he sees it loose.

Yes but you can't award a touchdown to the player if he doesn't come out of the pile with the ball. And he did not......

they stalled on that call too - until they dug through and found the qb w/ the ball in the endzone - I think had they found cole w/ the ball in the end zone they would have called a TD

I will agree. Judgement call, not coming up with the ball was huge.

I think we all agree that the ball is dead once it crosses the goal line - however, no one saw it cross the plane - so, even though the ball is officially "dead" it is very much alive on the bottom of the pile - in this case whoever comes up w/ the ball wins the game

False. Just in the Wake Forest @ Baylor game the other night, a Wake receiver caught the ball in the end zone, came down with the ball, was hit and fumbled. A Baylor player picked the ball up but by rule, you cannot fumble in the end zone, therefore it was a td for Wake.

False. Just in the Wake Forest @ Baylor game the other night, a Wake receiver caught the ball in the end zone, came down with the ball, was hit and fumbled. A Baylor player picked the ball up but by rule, you cannot fumble in the end zone, therefore it was a td for Wake.

actually it could be true.. if they didnt see it cross the plane then how could they say he didnt lose possession before reaching the goal line.. so if someone from graham came up with it then it could be their ball in the endzone.. in those piles there are no rules haha.. also if the umpire was in a better position then he couldve saw it break the plane..

I doubt anyone from any angle could make an honest call one way or another in that mess...Gmen piled up in the middle like that, I'd fake the hand off up the middle and roll out the QB with an option pass flood right...but thats just me lol. Unless you have a big back you could just pound it in with.