What happens if the unthinkable happens today?

Bluefield_Rules

The unthinkable being Furman beating Tech in Blacksburg.

Certainly anything can happen but if I was a betting man I would lay my money down on VT, especially with TT playing...not saying TT is the answer to all of VT's problems but he certainly gives them an added dimension to the offense.

If it was to happen the governor would have to call in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to contain the meltdown in Blacksburg. I just don't see it happening.

We go to next week 0-2 and still have a shot at the ACC title....lol

Keep the dream alive. I'm interested to see how the Tech OL handles a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH smaller Furman DL. If the Hokies cannot run the football down Furman's throat and the offense put points on the board then win or lose you can forget the ACC crown and very possibly a bowl game.

Keep the dream alive. I'm interested to see how the Tech OL handles a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH smaller Furman DL. If the Hokies cannot run the football down Furman's throat and the offense put points on the board then win or lose you can forget the ACC crown and very possibly a bowl game.

At the half:

VT-3

Furman-0

I'm calling it, Miami wins the Coastal this year. They're the only team on this side of the conference that's shown any life so far this season.

At the half:

VT-3

Furman-0

I'm calling it, Miami wins the Coastal this year. They're the only team on this side of the conference that's shown any life so far this season.

They played Charleston Southern....They will lost to Florida by 4 TDs

But that's good enough to win the ACC...

What? Losing by 28 points to a team is good enough? I still think that Clemson and Va Tech are the favorites still. The ECU loss is getting better with ECU beating WVU right now.

I don't know what to think about the game today. We put up something like 260 rush yards on them while only passing for about 68. What changed, you ask. One thing. The size and ability of the opposition. I hate that Stinespring's playcalling was reinforced because of success against a smaller team. Now we will go in against GT with our 3 play playbook and not succeed. See what I'm saying here? It needs to change. Badly.

One more thing. Didn't we learn to just kick the damned ball last week? Obviously not.

Miami is going to win the ACC. That's shaping up to be about right. Bawls.

What? Losing by 28 points to a team is good enough? I still think that Clemson and Va Tech are the favorites still. The ECU loss is getting better with ECU beating WVU right now.

Putting 68 passing yards and 24 points up on Furman isn't going to get you to the conference title game. Even in the pond-water-weak Coastal. Yes, I'm predicting Miami to win the Coastal. Remember, Florida's ranked #5 in the nation and from the Superior to Everyone Conference.

Putting 68 passing yards and 24 points up on Furman isn't going to get you to the conference title game. Even in the pond-water-weak Coastal. Yes, I'm predicting Miami to win the Coastal. Remember, Florida's ranked #5 in the nation and from the Superior to Everyone Conference.

68 passing yards 7-15 combined. Thats still about 10 yards a completion. But only about a 50% completion %. I say stay with TT and we should be fine. 14 carries for 112 yards for a QB is not too shabby. That is setting up your offense. We need to convert in the redzone and we should be fine.

68 passing yards 7-15 combined. Thats still about 10 yards a completion. But only about a 50% completion %. I say stay with TT and we should be fine. 14 carries for 112 yards for a QB is not too shabby. That is setting up your offense. We need to convert in the redzone and we should be fine.

Remember when Kirby Freeman went 1-15 for 13 yards and a TD about 2 years ago? He got a touchdown every time he threw the ball! Haha, sorry, but that's what this reminds me of.

If you're only passing 15 times, and you complete less than half of that, you're too one-dimensional, IMO. Any team worth its salt's going to figure that out.

If I seem a little punchy, I apologize. I'm just coming to the realization that the Hoos are going to lose to a I-AA school. And that I might be able to count Al/Mike Groh's football IQ on a couple of hands.

Remember when Kirby Freeman went 1-15 for 13 yards and a TD about 2 years ago? He got a touchdown every time he threw the ball! Haha, sorry, but that's what this reminds me of.

If you're only passing 15 times, and you complete less than half of that, you're too one-dimensional, IMO. Any team worth its salt's going to figure that out.

If I seem a little punchy, I apologize. I'm just coming to the realization that the Hoos are going to lose to a I-AA school. And that I might be able to count Al/Mike Groh's football IQ on a couple of hands.

Furman couldn't stop the run today. We rushed 257 yards today on 48 carries. So why pass when they couldn't stop the run. Haha, and I actually picked Richmond to beat UVA...lol. Also Taylor was 4-5 and Glennon was 3-8. Glennon had a TD and a INT.

Furman couldn't stop the run today. We rushed 257 yards today on 48 carries. So why pass when they couldn't stop the run. Haha, and I actually picked Richmond to beat UVA...lol. Also Taylor was 4-5 and Glennon was 3-8. Glennon had a TD and a INT.

Keep sipping the Kool-Aid my man. Tech is in serious trouble when they start facing ACC teams and Nebraska with similar size and athletic ability...

Keep sipping the Kool-Aid my man. Tech is in serious trouble when they start facing ACC teams and Nebraska with similar size and athletic ability...

Nebraska's defense is worse than Techs offense. And our offense is bad. The next few years, we will be in good shape.

I was actually prepared for a loss today...guess I was hoping that if we would lose to Furman then maybe, just maybe, Stiney would get demoted to water boy. Guess he did just enough today to still be Beamers little buddy.

I was actually prepared for a loss today...guess I was hoping that if we would lose to Furman then maybe, just maybe, Stiney would get demoted to water boy. Guess he did just enough today to still be Beamers little buddy.

Trade you Mike Groh for Stinespring!

I swear, I think anyone on this board with even an iota of critical reasoning could call better plays than these two. I'm not joking at all.