Richlands

Rhschamps04

Well I think Richlands would be better of benching Elswick and starting that Vance kid at QB....

And another thing is that Richlands don't have that one true leader out there, like they have had in the past, Blues best player right now is the sophomore Strong kid.....

You are correct in your observation of Elswick. I would have thought that he would have more composure than he is showing in the passing game. He no longer drops back until he begins to scramble or makes poor decisions. Vance on the other hand drops back and fires with his feet set or delivers the ball and takes the hit (with a completion).

WE NEED A RUNNING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's remember that Elswick is the qb for the first team.....Vance is, usually, only seeing qb duty against the opponent's second team. Elswick is a smart young man, no questioning that....but IMO ....he believes he's gotta be the playmaker on every snap b/c there's not been anyone to really step into the role of a "true" RB yet. If, they get a running game going (I'm not talking Reggie Bush here) then I think that will take some of the pressure off of Elswick. Also, you can't just pick one area to say there's the problem.....many times Elswick is scrambling b/c someone missed their assignment. Does that happen in HS football....sure it does w/every team out there.

Many ppl that saw Richlands in the pre-season thought they were a good team....that team is still intact.....they just need to find the right combination....and hopefully, that will occur soon.

Yea, the biggest problems on offense are the inability to run the football and way to many turnovers. The Blues are probably averaging 6 turnovers a game and its very hard to beat anyone with those mistakes. Half of the defense is sophmores and freshmen (4 and 1) I think. If the Blues dont correct some things really fast it will be a very long road in the SWD. Yes the Dawgs and Graham will show up and ready for payback. Richlands needs to get back to fundamentals first and foremost protect the ball, block, and tackle. Its always a learning curve with a young team.

Yea, the biggest problems on offense are the inability to run the football and way to many turnovers. The Blues are probably averaging 6 turnovers a game and its very hard to beat anyone with those mistakes. Half of the defense is sophmores and freshmen (4 and 1) I think. If the Blues dont correct some things really fast it will be a very long road in the SWD. Yes the Dawgs and Graham will show up and ready for payback. Richlands needs to get back to fundamentals first and foremost protect the ball, block, and tackle. Its always a learning curve with a young team.

to me it's all turnovers at this point. hard to get a running game going when you have 2-3 plays a series b4 a turnover then your down 20 and have to pass every play to play catch up. not finger pointing as there is plenty of blame to go around. i just would really like to see last years o line play a whole game instead of 1 series a game. i gotta believe it would help the running game AND pass protection. that may not even be an option now if chad davis' knee sidelines him (can't believe he didn't have braces)

Edited by billyblue

Just wondering who has the advantage this week between Abingdon and Richlands. Yes I know Richlands has been strong in the past and Abingdon has been weak. The game was close last year and both teams look totally different this year. This post isnt to start all out war or bad mouthing of either team. I think it will be a great game. MAy the best team win and may both teams and fans have a great game!!!!!! GOOD LUCK to BOTH TEAMS

Just wondering who has the advantage this week between Abingdon and Richlands. Yes I know Richlands has been strong in the past and Abingdon has been weak. The game was close last year and both teams look totally different this year. This post isnt to start all out war or bad mouthing of either team. I think it will be a great game. MAy the best team win and may both teams and fans have a great game!!!!!! GOOD LUCK to BOTH TEAMS

Just have a feeling on this one, that the Blues will win. Will be an uphill battle, but faith can move mountains.

Go Blues!!!

Go Giles Spartans!!!

Go Grayson Rams!!!

Go Murray County Indians!!!

Go Hokies!!!

Just have a feeling on this one, that the Blues will win. Will be an uphill battle, but faith can move mountains.

Go Blues!!!

Go Giles Spartans!!!

Go Grayson Rams!!!

Go Murray County Indians!!!

Go Hokies!!!

All we need is a mustard seed's worth.

you can say what you want to.......come on guys, we are losing to Single A schools. Whats next? Well, it could be worse! we could lose to a Black Diamond District School.

Losing to Abingdon LOL.

Most games that year they would play first string thru first series in 3 qtr to secure the game. That is make sure no chance of come back.

If he had wanted to run the score up it could have been much worse.

'06 Just had it all.

yeah the '06 richlands team had everything and more. much like the '03 gate city team had. Now wouldn't that have been a good matchup if these two could somehow play each other?

i never said you all couldnt win... you just acted like abingdon is nothing and richlands dont even have to think about them... and they put up a good fight.. which is why i said yah!!!! soo ummmm..... yah!! :)

Haha. I never acted like abingdon was nothing. I simply forgot to add them to my original list. After that I was just kiddin having a little fun with the guy that said "...and abingdon". To be honest I expected you all to win last night. So ummmm... nah!! :D

I saw Richlands play PV and they are not as bad as they have been playing. They don't have quite the fire power that they have had. They are still a really good football team. If they correct a few mistakes they can hang with anyone.

if Richlands gets the kid at QB to settle down and relax...they will score some big points...the kid throws high all of the time...I think he's just excited...he will at some point get comfortable back there and Richlands offensive issues will correct themselves...it's just a question of what week it's going to happen...you wait and see, they will hang 50-60 points on someone once he settles down a bit.

Haha. I never acted like abingdon was nothing. I simply forgot to add them to my original list. After that I was just kiddin having a little fun with the guy that said "...and abingdon". To be honest I expected you all to win last night. So ummmm... nah!! :D

i knew it would come down to the battle of the defenses and richlands won that battle in the secondary and special teams

if Richlands gets the kid at QB to settle down and relax...they will score some big points...the kid throws high all of the time...I think he's just excited...he will at some point get comfortable back there and Richlands offensive issues will correct themselves...it's just a question of what week it's going to happen...you wait and see, they will hang 50-60 points on someone once he settles down a bit.

I agree Richlands is not as a bad as what there record shows.