Rate the Southwest District in numeric order best to worst.

Sportsfan50

here it is, 1. Marion 2. Graham 3.Abingdon 4. Tazwell and not sure about the rest.

That's really funny... Marion got STOMPED by Carroll at camp this summer in HighPoint. I don't think I would rate them as number 1.

It may not... we were missing several starters.

They were missing several starters? we had three starters there and two of em had to leave and didnt get to play sunday and one of em had to leave saturday so starters and camp has nothing to do with what you said.

Has everybody forgotten about Grundy? Noone has them finishing in the top 4 in the district...

Yeah everyone is counting us out, but there are reasons to. We lost 4 of our starting 5 and we didn't even that good of team last year. Alot of new faces will be on the court this year, mostley sophomores and junior or two and a freshman. I think this team will have a whole lot better attuide than last year team, should be a intresting year.

I hope we can get our student section going again, for the first 3 or 4 home games we was the loudest team in the district in that small gym and all of us chanting...too bad our principal cut that out last year.

swd basketball is really not very much., however, i coach a team in wv and it ain't much better. go to northern va and east coast. we play there all summer and average there is state champions in wv

• 2 weeks later...

every year people talk up their teams so much then they all just flop. the district doesnt change much. usually carrol and abingdon are the two best teams. and i dont see that changing much. maybe tazewell dcan do something with pocy being added on but i think that abingdon and carrol will still control the southwest district. Graham may do good as well. they did alright last year but they were really young. those same kids playing for multiple years on varsity will only make them better. so i think it will go abingdon carrol then graham, then the rest will fall out randomly in order cuz they are equally horrible.

Guest waverider24

Thats really funny Matt Noe is one of marions players and he didnt even pick his own team to win. He's the worst qb marion has had in a while also.

Thats really funny Matt Noe is one of marions players and he didnt even pick his own team to win. He's the worst qb marion has had in a while also.

I do not understand why people come here and talk bad about individual players. Apparently he played good enough in the rain to pound you guys. Of course you should feel lucky because if the game was played on a dry field you would have got beaten worse than Abingdon beat ya.

well he must be unbiased in his picks, and i'm sure you would do a better job as marion's QB, and also this is the basketball board so i don't think it matters what kind of a QB he is.