McCain invents the Blackberry

Lance

Sen. John McCain's senior domestic policy adviser said Tuesday that the BlackBerry mobile e-mail device was a "miracle that John McCain helped create."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/16/mccain.blackberry/index.html

So now we know we can thank Al Gore for inventing the Internet and McCain for the BlackBerry.

Meanwhile, McCain senior aide Matt McDonald said that the senator "laughed" when he heard the comment.

"He would not claim to be the inventor of anything, much less the BlackBerry. This was obviously a boneheaded joke by a staffer," McDonald said

=====================================================================

Heard a network explaining why McCain doesn't/can't use a keyboard. He received very extensive debilitating injuries to his fingers while being held as a POW. He dictates to his wife at night and she does most of his emails for him.

Edited by trublue

i just thought it was funny since the Al Gore thing...for those who remember.

But the difference is Al Gore himself said he created the internet, it wasn't some staffer making a joke that said it...

His exact quote was...

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the internet."

Mccain immediately suggested matt stick to the campaign comments and keep the jokes to himself. Matt was making a loose connection between Mccains oversight of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation being related to the "invention of the blackberry" McCain never made any comment supporting such an ignorant claim. Lance, seriously, if you wish to debate the current politics, pick something that is real and not invented.... Im just saying

Mccain immediately suggested matt stick to the campaign comments and keep the jokes to himself. Matt was making a loose connection between Mccains oversight of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation being related to the "invention of the blackberry" McCain never made any comment supporting such an ignorant claim. Lance, seriously, if you wish to debate the current politics, pick something that is real and not invented.... Im just saying

Oooooh big words and knowledge.

It reminded me of the Al Gore thing too.

Yep, it reminded me as well, im sure it reminded everyone. the difference is ALGORE still stands behind his possessive comment, while mccain denies the claim matt made. Duece, I didnt use any "big" words, Im not sure to what you are referring?

I wasn't debating anything...i read the article and thought it was funny and it reminded me of Al Gore...which I mentioned...thats it...so shut up with the whole "debate the current politics" crap...nothing is being debated? It was just a funny story...you people must be Blackberry sensitive or something lol.

Yep, it reminded me as well, im sure it reminded everyone. the difference is ALGORE still stands behind his possessive comment, while mccain denies the claim matt made. Duece, I didnt use any "big" words, Im not sure to what you are referring?

It was a stab at your sarcastic arrogance. I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it.