Places to eat...part 2

Lance

Ok...so I tried the Hi/Lo Burger (pink building) on Lee Hwy...and it's "ok"...not really that great...Dotson's in Grundy is 10x better and it's the same style of food for the most part.

But...I found this little Deli place that is GREAT!

You guys have to try this place out if you are in the area...it's called Elmer & Fannie D's...it's a little country store type place...but they have a Deli and it's awesome!

If you take Exit 13 on I-81 and head back towards Wal Mart...it's on the left about a mile past the Hi/Lo Burger...it's maybe 2 miles from exit 13 once you get on Lee Hwy.

Here is a pic of the place...so you don't miss it:

deli.jpg

deli2.jpg

I have noticed that deli driving by--they have done a lot of renovations to the bldg and spruced it up. Do they have many tables or is it a pickup and go eatery?

Edited by tbgfan

I have noticed that deli driving by--they have done a lot of renovations to the bldg and spruced it up. Do they have many tables or is it a pickup and go eatery?

you can call ahead and order for eat in or carry out...they have a few tables in there...it's a nice place...they also have a lot of different sodas in there...the guy said he goes to NC to get them every couple of weeks and brings 25 cases back with him each run...you have to try this place out, it's awesome. I'd go with the italian sausage and cap ham sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayo...it's only like $3.99...the soups and sides are great as well...this is my new favorite place...lol...I eat there all of the time.

Big Eddie's Deli in Bristol, Va. the location is on Euclid Ave. close to Va. high football stadium just a little house turned into a deli, the 2ft Big daddy is there speciality try the hot sauce if you like the spicy stuff or they have great reubens!! You all have probably tried this place they have been in business for years but if you havent you should try it out.

Sharky's in Radford. On main street in Radford. If you get to the University (Coming from South) you have went to far.

I always visit the one on S. Main in B-burg. Great place to have wings, a few beverages, and watch Sunday Ticket!!

Ok...so I tried the Hi/Lo Burger (pink building) on Lee Hwy...and it's "ok"...not really that great...Dotson's in Grundy is 10x better and it's the same style of food for the most part.

But...I found this little Deli place that is GREAT!

You guys have to try this place out if you are in the area...it's called Elmer & Fannie D's...it's a little country store type place...but they have a Deli and it's awesome!

If you take Exit 13 on I-81 and head back towards Wal Mart...it's on the left about a mile past the Hi/Lo Burger...it's maybe 2 miles from exit 13 once you get on Lee Hwy.

Here is a pic of the place...so you don't miss it:

So I went in there today at the Deli and got the Cajun Chicken sandwich...and it's bad a$$...you guys need to try this place...no kidding...best place around for sandwichs and such.

I took Exit 10 today and it's closer than 13...just take Exit 10 then turn right back towards Abingdon and it's only about 1/4 mile on the right just past the gas stations....can't miss it...tell Elmer that Lance sent you and he'll hook you right up...lol.

• 3 weeks later...

So any of you guys try the Deli place out yet? They have good Rubens and I've been getting the chicken salad sandwich lately...both very good...lol. You guys seriously have to try this place if you haven't already...

I can't beleve nobody has mentioned the Dip Dog between Chilhowie and Marion. The grease from the onion rings sooks through the bag before you can get back to ur car. and the dip dogs are smouthered in mustard.

I've heard of that place and have been meaning to check it out...where exactly is it?

I've heard of that place and have been meaning to check it out...where exactly is it?

It's on route 11 between Chilhowie and Marion. Get of 81 at exit 39 and go toward Marion on Route 11. It's a couple of miles up 11 from the exit. It's on the left side of the road, right where 11 goes from a 4-lane back to a 2-lane

For those in the Bluefield area, if you like Italian food, try Frank's on North St.

It's a "mom and pop" type pizza shop...sandwiches on homemade bread; pizzas, calzones, and stromboli are all made with hand stretched, brick oven baked dough. And the offerings are sizeable!!!

All sandwiches are a foot long and stuffed with ingredients/toppings...takes me two sittings to eat a footlong and for those of you that know me, I can put away some food. My wife had a stromboli from there two weeks ago...HUGE!!! Last night we tried the "Frank's Gourmet Deluxe Pizza" last night...we got a large...we still have half of it to finish today! It was monsterous and smothered with toppings!

Oh, and did I mention how good this stuff is??? No wonder most Italian people are fat...hmmm, maybe I'm Italian...:rolleyes:

I will have to check that place out...i love good pizza...DaVinci's here in Abingdon is "ok"...I have not been able to find a pizza place I really like out here yet.

There was this place in Ohio called Donato's that was awesome...they are supposed to be a chain place, but I've not seen any around here anywhere.

http://www.donatos.com/menus_features/index.asp