Burton undefeated versus Clintwood ,who wins..

wave316

GC beat them at Clintwood last week 28-27.

I feel like Clintwood will win the game because they are more physical, but Burton is actually very loaded at the skill positions. The have speed and more speed. Clintwood isn't slow themselves, and have good size. If the game is close Clintwood will win. Burton has to break the long runs they have against everyone else.

I haven't seen Burton play this year, but i have every year for the last 8 or so, and they have been impressive. Clintwood showed last week they won't quit either.

This should just be the first of two games beteeen the two as this one is for the LPD title and the #1 seed in Region D D1.

Clintwood did show they are somewhat vulnerable to the long run and the rushing as GC really was able to grind it out against them.

I am just going with the "gut" feeling here and Clintwood has played a little tougher non-conference schedule than the Raiders. (Haysi/GC/Volunteer) JIB plays GC the last game of the year.

Would love to see this game myself, but i have to work Friday night.

Good luck to both.

Be one heckuva game......I'd have to lean a bit towards JIB's speed. I've seen both teams and both are very good teams but I was really impressed with Burton's speed. If Burton can stay healthy this year I believe it'll be a different story than last year.

JIB does have injuries, 2 of their starting O-linemen are out for the season..Brummette and another I can't think of his name right off hand...Clintwood seems to be healthy for the most part, maybe a lil sore here and there...

Of course I'm a greenwave fan and have in my mind that we will win this one, but in the back of my mind I remember Martinez and Coleman are very quick, and they have one of the best LB's in the area....Thank god Stewart isn't there, he was one heck of a QB...

too bad that they are both in D-1 and only one D-1 team can go from Region D. I say that Burton wins this one due to their speed. On the contrary, I say that Clintwood beats Burton in the playoffs to represent Region D in the semis and state finals. When the teams are this good, the second usually goes to the loser of the first, who has made the most adjustments.

jacob coleman will run all over the wave trust me he is to fast....they will run the jet sweep all night with coleman and miles and clintwood wont be able to stop it

Clintwood has great speed on the corners and has handled the jet sweep very well in the past. Burton is down this year in the QB., position with Ethan Stewart graduating. Devin Talley the qb is not a effective passer like Stewart. This should allow Clintwood a little more focus on stopping the run. The weather is going to be a factor. Rain is going to be here Friday night, the ground is going to be wet. This game could be very sloppy, fumbles will play a big part in this game. Who can establish the better run game,and force the most turnovers will win this game in my opinion. Clintwood has home field advantage which may help their cause. JJ Kelly ran the ball 28 times on Clintwood last week and got 32 yards. The most of those came in the fourth quarter against Clintwoods second string. Will the jet sweep work on Clintwood? We will have to wait and see....

jacob coleman will run all over the wave trust me he is to fast....they will run the jet sweep all night with coleman and miles and clintwood wont be able to stop it

The jet sweep is not as hard to stop as the counter is. The counter is what you have to worry about and Clintwood has the dicsiplined linebackers and DE's to shut that down.