Good Bye Couch Doug Marrs!!

rednexx

Good Bye Couch Doug Marrs!! I hope he dont stay around any more and the G-Men do some work.

What can you trade a Doug Marr's couch for ???? ...two end tables and a lava lamp? What in the world does the couch look like?.....I might be interested in swapping my Nintendo games for it.

you all sound like Mountaineer fans... funny how people start falling off the bandwagon when you lose a game or two. I can remember a time (not so long ago) when Marrs was being praised for his coaching skills. something goes amuck and now you want to throw him under the bus? geez??? stay the course..... you'll be just fine.

Edited by total

Coach Marrs is a good coach and a good guy. I think he needs to show more attention to the players who want to be there and who work hard year round. Also, wouldn't hurt us any if he could change the defense we run. We've ran the same D all year and once a back gets past the LOS there ain't no one around to stop them.

I can't say that I've watched more then 1 Graham game a year (against Bluefield), but it seems like they've had the same offensive and defensive schemes for the past 20 years... and that's smash mouth. the defense lines 'em up in your face and they stack the LB's and bring the house.... the offense has a big/strong line, and usually a bruising FB, and a scat back or 2 that wears you down as the game goes on. that's Graham football...... I'm an outsider with not a lot of inside information, but it just seems like people are pointing fingers..... I see it a lot from WV fans, and from Bluefield fans.... coach Simon's head was being called for after the first of this year, and Bill Stewart's head was being called for after the first of the year. they're both doing just fine now.

everyone is happy when you win, but your character as a fan is tested when you lose...... support your team no matter what... stay the course... let you coach do his job because I'm sure he's a lot more familiar with the system and the talent and what's going on around him. probably a lot more familiar then the "casual" fan that shows up on Friday night and then calls for heads to roll if they lose.

Edited by total

imo Marrs is a good coach. he just dont have WV players like the coaches before him did. He isnt as good a recruiter therefor doesnt have the skill players as were once there

wtf.. i didnt even post that.. time for a password change... LOL. that funny though.. even though who ever posted that. i hear alot of peopel getting tired of coach marrs... but i didnt post it.. again time for a password change.

I can't say that I've watched more then 1 Graham game a year (against Bluefield), but it seems like they've had the same offensive and defensive schemes for the past 20 years... and that's smash mouth. the defense lines 'em up in your face and they stack the LB's and bring the house.... the offense has a big/strong line, and usually a bruising FB, and a scat back or 2 that wears you down as the game goes on. that's Graham football...... I'm an outsider with not a lot of inside information, but it just seems like people are pointing fingers..... I see it a lot from WV fans, and from Bluefield fans.... coach Simon's head was being called for after the first of this year, and Bill Stewart's head was being called for after the first of the year. they're both doing just fine now.

everyone is happy when you win, but your character as a fan is tested when you lose...... support your team no matter what... stay the course... let you coach do his job because I'm sure he's a lot more familiar with the system and the talent and what's going on around him. probably a lot more familiar then the "casual" fan that shows up on Friday night and then calls for heads to roll if they lose.

I don't recall anyone calling for Simon's head after the 0-3, at least from anyone with common sense. First two games were lost by a combined total of 4 points - the signature of a young team coming into its own and having to learn how to win.

I don't doubt that Marrs knows his x's and o's...but there's more to coaching to that. Kids don't want to play for him right now...the numbers are way down and that's a reflection on the program and the coach...kids are quitting right and left...and that's not typical of Graham football...Kids in Bluefield, VA grow up dreaming of playing at Graham High School. That dream may be over.....I'd like to know how the players feel about the situation, although I don't recommend that any of them express their opinions in this type of forum, that could spell disaster also. I just believe that his players aren't behind him (some of what I'm hearing is coming from the horse's (plural) mouths).

I was listening to Ch ristiansburg's coach Tim Cromer on the radio...and he made a profound statement...something to the effect that you can't play football if the kids don't want to come out and play. He has made his team a "family"....and that program has done a complete 180 since he has taken over...Seems like the exact opposite is happening at Graham.

although Carlock would breathe fire at those kids...he showed them that he cared about them.....he showed them tough love...and that's what Graham football needs again....somebody who's passionate not only about the game of football (which I'm sure Marrs is)...but also somebody who's passionate about making those kids successful and is sincere about it. Kids know if you respect them or not.

although Carlock would breathe fire at those kids...he showed them that he cared about them.....he showed them tough love...and that's what Graham football needs again....somebody who's passionate not only about the game of football (which I'm sure Marrs is)...but also somebody who's passionate about making those kids successful and is sincere about it. Kids know if you respect them or not.

Amen to that

I just don't see these kids having the PRIDE that we usually have in Bluefield, VA. Regardless of who is coaching the players have to be the one tackling. This may be the worst Graham defense in history. Having saying this I know too that we are dealing with a new generation of spoiled brats. If they are giving up in games and not caring then they are simply cowards in my eyes. I'm not sure if they are giving up but if so then thats what they are. One other thought would be that maybe teams are better than us in all aspects of the game. If other teams are better than you then you will lose but having been BLOWN OUT 3 or 4 times in a year is simply not GRAHAM HIGH FOOTBALL.

I spoke to someone who was on the sideline during the Gretna game a couple of weeks ago. This person said at one point during the game Marrs (the QB) was tackled on the Graham sidelines, the Gretna kid stood up and looked Doug Marrs straight in his face and said "you all are the weakest team we've faced all year".

Someone tell me when was the last time you heard someone refer to Graham football program as weak?

I don't recall anyone calling for Simon's head after the 0-3, at least from anyone with common sense. First two games were lost by a combined total of 4 points - the signature of a young team coming into its own and having to learn how to win.

but when simons first took over at bhs and did not have good seasons there were people looking for his head. he had time and has done very good because he is willing to change.from the games i have seen at graham they have gone away from the blitzing from the lb. they stand back and wait for the runner or qb to get to them. just like in the gretna game by that time it is too late to catch them. ghs has given marrs plenty of time to grow. the kids that he has as seniors are the ones that he has brought along. and ghs has not done as well since coach passed away and now it seems time either for marrs to change his style or move on.