My county went 2 to 1 for Mccain....

wave316

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually against Abortion, thats one of the few things I didnt agree with Obama on... Thanks for the concern though..

Also, I'm against Gay marriage, but those two things are the least of my worries right now the way the ecomony is

ok, if your against abortion did you vote for the one who was for it? Not trying to pick a quarrell,just trying to understand if you are true to a position.

Fred Phelps! thats who I was thinking of.

Topeka, KS..not Utah.

Sorry Utah...

Dueces, lets get a few facts out in the open. 1. I do not hate homosexuals. I am against a radical gay agenda that wants to pervert traditional marriage. 2 I am very much opposed to abortion ,especially partial birth abortion. Those who have had abortions can be forgiven and restored.3 . I am not a racist ,I have many black friends. 4. I have expeienced the amazing power of Gods forgiveness and recognize all can be forgiven if they ask. 5. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world and have 2 beautiful daughters that are gifts from God. 6 . After working through last nights dissapointing results in the election,Iam going to give Obama oppurtunity to prove whether he is substance or just show. 7. I like the Hokies and Uva both. and hope they both make it to a bowl appearance this year. Peace to you.:)

Guest JJBrickface
Dueces, lets get a few facts out in the open. 1. I do not hate homosexuals. I am against a radical gay agenda that wants to pervert traditional marriage. 2 I am very much opposed to abortion ,especially partial birth abortion. Those who have had abortions can be forgiven and restored.3 . I am not a racist ,I have many black friends. 4. I have expeienced the amazing power of Gods forgiveness and recognize all can be forgiven if they ask. 5. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world and have 2 beautiful daughters that are gifts from God. 6 . After working through last nights dissapointing results in the election,Iam going to give Obama oppurtunity to prove whether he is substance or just show. 7. I like the Hokies and Uva both. and hope they both make it to a bowl appearance this year. Peace to you.:)

1-6 will get you to heaven. Number 7 will send you straight to HELL. Juuuuuuuust kiddin lol

Few things for ya here..1. He is From Clintwood, if you have something to say about Grundy please find myself, Lance, VHSLHelper, Grundy10 and a few more to discuss that..and 2. you look just as stupid as he does by going right back to him..Silence speaks the loudest

WAVE FAN 09. peace to you. Today I was agitated over last nights election results. I personally feel we missed it. Especially in the matter of foreign affairs . I feel Barak is naieve in this area. I may have stated things today out of a frustrated spirit and if I offended anyone Im sorry. But I am not stupid as your post suggest and it might do everyone well to recognize we are all in need of Gods help in so many areas of our lives. peace to you

MAN.... the stories I could tell about preachers. But i'll just touch on 1.

One guy is all anti-homo, baby-killing, etc. and says it'll be, well, you know, if we don't elect a Republican. And I'm setting there thinking.... 1.) the Republicans are in office NOW, and it's legal, so don't diss the Dems about it, and 2.) I've got 2 words for ya.... Mary Cheyney !

I think you misspelled her name. I think its Cheney. I think conservatives like myself feel that a democratic pres. will nominate supreme court justices who are more pro abortion than against. Someone said a few justices may retire shortly and had a repub been elected ,his choice of justices could have reversed Roe v Wade. I respect you and wish you Gods best. Peace to you.

ok, if your against abortion did you vote for the one who was for it? Not trying to pick a quarrell,just trying to understand if you are true to a position.

I believe I answered that question in those last few words. Those two issues are the least of my worries right now...

Why would I vote for McCain when those are the only 2 issues i agree with him on...

I think you misspelled her name. I think its Cheney. I think conservatives like myself feel that a democratic pres. will nominate supreme court justices who are more pro abortion than against. Someone said a few justices may retire shortly and had a repub been elected ,his choice of justices could have reversed Roe v Wade. I respect you and wish you Gods best. Peace to you.

All of the Justices that may retire already support abortion, and gay marriage. They are all considered more liberal than conservative. I doubt they would all retire if a Republican came into office. One, maybe two would have, but not four.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
A lot of other people did.

Actually, a study showed that in 2000 and 2004, 13% of the voters voted on abortion alone.

Now before you go saying this is rediculous for conservatives to do this, both sides, pro life and pro abortion garnered anywhere from 6-7% of the vote.

While I agree voting on one issue may not be the smartest thing, it goes both ways. I had a girl tell me yesterday over dinner that Sarah Palin was anti-women's rights because her stance on abortion, which is why she voted Obama.

I had a girl tell me yesterday over dinner that Sarah Palin was anti-women's rights because her stance on abortion, which is why she voted Obama.

How the hell did you get a girl to have dinner with you?????? hahaha I keed, I keed!!

All of the Justices that may retire already support abortion, and gay marriage. They are all considered more liberal than conservative. I doubt they would all retire if a Republican came into office. One, maybe two would have, but not four.

I disagree somewhat with your stance, my friend.

There's an obvious split in the court: 5 right-leaning justices (Roberts, Thomas, Scalia, Souter, Alito) and 4 left-leaning justices (Stevens, Ginsburg, Kennedy, Breyer). It's pretty clear from reading cases upon cases upon cases like I've been forced to over the last year and a half. The beauty (or disdain) in having this split is that one right-leaning justice switching leads to the effect of upholding abortion (which I dislike) or invalidating the denial of due process to military detainees (which I have mixed feelings about). Not only that, plurality opinions are possible with concurring/dissenting opinions by some of the justices, and this can cause some of the results which seem counter-intuitive toward the Court's leanings. But I digress. There is a fair split, and it's pretty evident in the voting pattern.

The 4 Justices that would likely be next in line to retire are the 4 left-leaning ones I've mentioned in my other thread. The youngest of that crew is 70 (Breyer). The oldest of the 5 right-leaning Justices is 72 (Scalia).

See my other thread for my analysis on this topic.

I disagree somewhat with your stance, my friend.

There's an obvious split in the court: 5 right-leaning justices (Roberts, Thomas, Scalia, Souter, Alito) and 4 left-leaning justices (Stevens, Ginsburg, Kennedy, Breyer). It's pretty clear from reading cases upon cases upon cases like I've been forced to over the last year and a half. The beauty (or disdain) in having this split is that one right-leaning justice switching leads to the effect of upholding abortion (which I dislike) or invalidating the denial of due process to military detainees (which I have mixed feelings about). Not only that, plurality opinions are possible with concurring/dissenting opinions by some of the justices, and this can cause some of the results which seem counter-intuitive toward the Court's leanings. But I digress. There is a fair split, and it's pretty evident in the voting pattern.

The 4 Justices that would likely be next in line to retire are the 4 left-leaning ones I've mentioned in my other thread. The youngest of that crew is 70 (Breyer). The oldest of the 5 right-leaning Justices is 72 (Scalia).

See my other thread for my analysis on this topic.

I'm not entirely sure what you just said. But what I said, is that the 4 Justices that you said may retire are all left-leaning Justices, right? They all may retire now, knowing there is a democratic President in office, but they may not have retired if McCain was elected President? I'm just saying that there is more of a chance of them retiring since Obama was elected. Am I way off with that assumption?

I'm not entirely sure what you just said. But what I said, is that the 4 Justices that you said may retire are all left-leaning Justices, right? They all may retire now, knowing there is a democratic President in office, but they may not have retired if McCain was elected President? I'm just saying that there is more of a chance of them retiring since Obama was elected. Am I way off with that assumption?

I may have misinterpreted you in my previous post. Because this analysis is right; the 4 left-leaning Justices are much more likely to retire now since Obama's been elected. Especially Stevens and Ginsburg (one of whom would be 92 by the end of Obama's term, one of who would be near 80 and in poor health).

Ah, what goes on in my mind with 4 hours of sleep!

I may have misinterpreted you in my previous post. Because this analysis is right; the 4 left-leaning Justices are much more likely to retire now since Obama's been elected. Especially Stevens and Ginsburg (one of whom would be 92 by the end of Obama's term, one of who would be near 80 and in poor health).

Ah, what goes on in my mind with 4 hours of sleep!

I went back and read my first post again, and it was poorly worded. Not your fault at all.