124 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Richlands
    • Patrick CO

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't be a 49-14 thrashing like Richlands gave PC last year at ernie hicks.

The Harris kid has 2,400+ yards rushing this season and is FAST!! There QB has some wheels to.

I wonder what kind of passing game pc has. It said they didn't even attempt one pass against Martinsville last fri. and still put up 38 points.

But i feel the blues will find a way to pull this one out. It will be tough but they can do it. Just gotta contain harris!!

Patrick has no passing game. I saw them against Floyd and it was bad. Harris is a one man td machine. The qb is very fast as well. Richlands is usually well coached. Patrick should be 9-1. They gave the game to Tunstall at the end and they would have beaten Byrd if Harris didn't get hurt in the game IMO. Patrick is solid up front and pretty fast on D. Should be a very, very tough game.

This won't be a 49-14 thrashing like Richlands gave PC last year at ernie hicks.

The Harris kid has 2,400+ yards rushing this season and is FAST!! There QB has some wheels to.

I wonder what kind of passing game pc has. It said they didn't even attempt one pass against Martinsville last fri. and still put up 38 points.

But i feel the blues will find a way to pull this one out. It will be tough but they can do it. Just gotta contain harris!!

you can't contain harris you can maybe hold him under 200 yards yes, but i'd say patrick will win this one but it will be close so either team might come out with it

Well you have to stop the run 1st. If you can't stop the run then there is no need to pass for PC. Period

Outside of bluefield and PV no team has ran alot on Richlands this season so i do not see them having much of a problem stopping the run they have had 2 weeks to get ready and I think they will be more than ready to play PC.

True!

You give mance and company 2 weeks to prepare for pc and i would say they will have a pretty good game plan.

I remember last year harris hardly had any yards against the blues.

Of course he didn't run a 4.4 - 40 last year either.

If the blues can stop the run they win easily. If harris goes for 200+ it will be a long night in Richlands.

Would have to think this will be more about how the lines match up. Patrick beat Carroll 34-0 and came back on Basset to beat them. This isn't last years team. Should be a good old slobber knocker. Them coaches at Richlands have seen a bunch of good backs they'll have a plan.

Would have to think this will be more about how the lines match up. Patrick beat Carroll 34-0 and came back on Basset to beat them. This isn't last years team. Should be a good old slobber knocker. Them coaches at Richlands have seen a bunch of good backs they'll have a plan.

They couldn't stop the kids from Powell Valley I think this was the only game they did not stop the run at home if i'm not mistaken.

You can throw that powell valley game out the window.

Richlands had 7 turnovers in that game.

3 in the first 4 minutes alone!

That was one fugly game to watch. Powell Valley was not that good. But Richlands sure made them look that way.

You can throw that powell valley game out the window.

Richlands had 7 turnovers in that game.

3 in the first 4 minutes alone!

That was one fugly game to watch. Powell Valley was not that good. But Richlands sure made them look that way.

Yeah, that was one of those games that if was played again would never turn out in the same fashion again. One of the worst games ive seen the Blues play in probably 5, 6, or 7 years.

True!

You give mance and company 2 weeks to prepare for pc and i would say they will have a pretty good game plan.

I remember last year harris hardly had any yards against the blues.

Of course he didn't run a 4.4 - 40 last year either.

If the blues can stop the run they win easily. If harris goes for 200+ it will be a long night in Richlands.

actually yes he did run a 4.4 40 last year, problem was that patrick's offense was terrible they ran a double wing which basically what you could do was to stack defenders opposite of harris' side because that was where he was going, this year though they went to the I which obviously has made a difference. Also last year patrick had no defense whatsoever this year all those things have changed though.

As much as I would like to see Richalnds vs Tazewell again, I think they have a tough task this week, I'm not saying Tazewell will be there in the next round, But just wanted to say Good Luck Blues.....

No way he ran a 4.4 in the 40 last year.

Richlands held him to like 30 yards or so last year. And Richlands doesn't grow speed like that.

He runs a 4.39 this year (what i've read) and the qb (only a soph) runs a 4.5 40.

Should be an interesting game with that kind of speed in the backfield.

The Blues can and will stop the run. Coach Mance will have the defense ready and look for Elswick to light the scoreboard up with his passing and by running the option.

Richlands 35

Patrick County 20

The Blues will wear them down and again dominate in the second half.

No way he ran a 4.4 in the 40 last year.

Richlands held him to like 30 yards or so last year. And Richlands doesn't grow speed like that.

He runs a 4.39 this year (what i've read) and the qb (only a soph) runs a 4.5 40.

Should be an interesting game with that kind of speed in the backfield.

He ran that last year also that is all anyone down here talked about was how were we going to stop someone with speed like that last year and then when the game started in shocked me for one that we were able to take that kind of speed out of the game hopefully we can do it again.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Brookville has already shut out salem this season and beat amherst. Two "decent" D4 teams.

Brookville is loaded and hasn't even been challenged this season (other than amherst)

Be curious to see if someone can play with them for 4 qtrs. and pull off an upset.

dont have to pass the ball if you can run it.patrick co. vs brookeville for the semifinal game.thats what im thinking.how about you others?whos going to beat Brookeville in div.3 ?

Yea but what happens when a team stops the run and you can not pass.