Status changes for next year.

losheyhombres

I've heard that there will be big time changes in the SWD next year. Is it true that Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, and Grundy are all going to div. 2? Also, will they remain in the SWD or move out into other districts. I could see the G-Men in the MED. Goodness, that could get ugly!! What about other changes?

I've heard that there will be big time changes in the SWD next year. Is it true that Graham, Tazewell, Richlands, and Grundy are all going to div. 2? Also, will they remain in the SWD or move out into other districts. I could see the G-Men in the MED. Goodness, that could get ugly!! What about other changes?

I havent heard this at all.

are you talking about the vhsl proposal?? In like 2010-12 they might change to a 5 division system, putting those teams in division 2.. I haven't heard anything about next year.. They would have to be in single-A to be in division 2 right now.. but in the proposal, it's just the divisions and no A-AAA..

All the schools in the swd will move to division 2 in the new classification system (except for abingdon and carroll county - division 3 for them)

That will be based on a 5 division system.

Division 2 will be schools with like 450 to 800 students i think.

Which means schools like gretna, william campbell, gate city, giles, etc will all be in division 2.

I can't wait!!

All the schools in the swd will move to division 2 in the new classification system (except for abingdon and carroll county - division 3 for them)

That will be based on a 5 division system.

Division 2 will be schools with like 450 to 800 students i think.

Which means schools like gretna, william campbell, gate city, giles, etc will all be in division 2.

I can't wait!!

William Campbell will still be Division 1 under the new plan...

Honestly, Graham isn't any bigger than Grayson County, but Grayson should be redistricted lol. So Graham in the MED I guess could be justified, but that would be just weird. SWD football is usually fairly entertaining.

Grayson Co. has about 150 more students than Graham...:eek:

Nope, not next year. Here's what you'll get for the next two school years...

http://www.vhsl.org/MoreAboutVHSL/0911adoptedplan.doc

Honestly, Graham isn't any bigger than Grayson County, but Grayson should be redistricted lol. So Graham in the MED I guess could be justified, but that would be just weird. SWD football is usually fairly entertaining.

lastyear i would of agreed about that...but they are 0-10 this year so i dont know about that for Grayson now

William Campbell will dominate Division 1 then.

JI Burton will be there to.

This is Burtons last year to do anything and Clintwood should beat them in the finals by no less than 3 TDs. Clintwood and Haysi will dominate D1 in Southwest Virginia. William Campbell will dominate state entirely.

My thoughts exactly.

Haysi??? lol.

The only thing haysi might dominate is the "ultra tough" Black Diamond District.

Just wait and see what happens to them this friday against Burton. It won't be pretty.

And burton will never be down. They have athletes down there and speed to go along with it.

Not to shabby for a school with around 200 students.

My thoughts exactly.

Haysi??? lol.

The only thing haysi might dominate is the "ultra tough" Black Diamond District.

Just wait and see what happens to them this friday against Burton. It won't be pretty.

And burton will never be down. They have athletes down there and speed to go along with it.

Not to shabby for a school with around 200 students.

Same was said about Apalachia too. Now look at them. Sure Norton will beat Haysi handily this year but that is it. If Haysi could have dropped a year earlier they would probably won state in D1. All in all Haysi is a good D1 school. I hate to say it because I absolutely despise the BDD. Clintwood will more than likely be the favorite in years to come for D1 in this area but no way is Norton going to be there.

Are you serious with all of that?? I mean come on.

Haysi probably win state in D1?? That will and would never happen. Haysi has no speed at all. And they play in a weak district. When they do play a decent team out of district they end up getting stomped every year.

You saw what happened to appalachia when they made it that far and faced teams like william campbell right?

Well, if haysi were to (and there not) it would be 2 times worse.

They made it to the state semis in '05 in D2, I think that's the year they're talking about.

Clintwood probably won't be the favorite after this year though with all that they are losing and Burton may be the same? As far as Burton "will never be down", all schools go through that, and Burton has been down before. A few good years in a row doesn't mean they'll be great from here on out now.

You saw what happened to appalachia when they made it that far and faced teams like william campbell right?

Win 6 state titles??? :D lol