Chilhowie-Floyd Co.

warrior4uva

What ya think? Chilhowie played much better than 2 weeks ago but still needs to work on turnovers. Do Warriors have a chance? I believe that maybe Chilhowie may surprise some folks. Weak schedule may have hurt but I believe team may have improved since GW game.

I have watched about half of Floyd's games this year and they are capable of beating just about anybody. They didn't play well against GW last night but this was their second game against GW so you expect rematches to be tight. I don't know much about Chillhowie but if Floyd plays the kinda ball they are capable of then it won't be much of a contest. I look for Floyd to wake up this week after a close call last night and win by 14 or more.

I think that Chilhowie is going to be comparable to Radford. With the exception of Chilhowies qb not being a run threat like Carter from Radford. I am not saying that the qb from Chil is not fast but Carter is a super athlete. Radford also had the state 100 meter champ at receiver. Chil has a good back, a good receiver, and a nice qb. I look for Floyd to win this one upfront. Harris has not been stopped all year for the Buffs. A great game here. Floyd 35-21 pulling away late.

yelp,i got a question..who is still playin?lol..i'm pullin for chil..they surprised me lastnight..i was sitting at the holston game and they were telling the score..i was surprised they beat giles that badly.floyd may be real good..but if you can shut the wing down then you got my attention..chil by 6..

Floyd beat Giles 35-21. Thats not much different from 35-17. Floyd also beat GW twice while Chil lost to them. All this means nothing but I think FLoyd has the better overalll resume. This will be much like the 01 game. That year, I thought that Chil was not going to be that much of a challenge but they came 1 foot from beating Floyd. I look for a great game this time as well. How did Chilhowies line do against GW?

How did Chilhowies line do against GW?

Not very well actually. But I feel as though Giles' line was bigger and more physical than GW, so maybe Chilhowie improved or just had a bad game against GW. Who knows? I would say GW and Chil lines are somewhat even, with GW having Lester as perhaps a slight edge. How do GW and Floyd's lines compare?

Take away Lester and I think that FLoyd is better. They seemed equal last night. Floyd was able to move the ball but penalties would end up stalling some drives out. Floyd has a good line and has played well in nearly every game. Floyds offense is very balanced with Harris at qb able to throw and run. 2 good running backs to compliment him as well. The receivers are not speed burners but they run good routes and catch the football.

yelp,i got a question..who is still playin?but if you can shut the wing down then you got my attention..chil by 6..

Actually Marion is out...lol...just messin. Holston proved me wrong. Good luck vs Bath. And stopping the Wing and stopping Floyds offense are two different things. Its like comparing apples to orange, you can't! If Chilhowie contains Harris they stay close, if not the rout could be on.

Didn't you say the same thing about Giles/Chilhowie and Holston/EM?

The Giles score completely shocked me to be honest. I figured Giles would just run the ball down Chilhowies throat. Proved me wrong! Did EM miss two extra points? Or kick 4 field goals? How did they end up with 12?

they went for 2 with around 40 secs left..jordon blevins knocked him out as he stretched out for the pylon..inches i tell you..i was like ohh crap..but then he just got popped..you could hear blevins helmet hit his chest..just think chil got woke up ..i think they had a hard game with holston and then with gw..think their coach has done great job on scouting teams so far..will be close cause floyd looks huge..chil by 6.by the way..marion could have done better that poor ole graham..major problems in bluefield va.

they went for 2 with around 40 secs left..jordon blevins knocked him out as he stretched out for the pylon..inches i tell you..i was like ohh crap..but then he just got popped..you could hear blevins helmet hit his chest..just think chil got woke up ..i think they had a hard game with holston and then with gw..think their coach has done great job on scouting teams so far..will be close cause floyd looks huge..chil by 6.by the way..marion could have done better that poor ole graham..major problems in bluefield va.

Tazewell would have whooped ur ass too, they are on a mission, ur season is over so don't put ur name into something that ur not.

I hope not anyways...although it's going to be cooooold.

I'm a little worried, I hope we aren't fair weather Warriors...I see now why a lot of schools play their games during Saturday afternoons, lol.

Keeping it on Friday night keeps the kids in rhythm though, should be a good one.

Chilhowie has a very good football team. Never count them out with Coach Russell. He is brought Chilhowie back to consistent hard-nosed football. However, as they did look good against Giles, that is the weakest Giles team I ever seen. No speed or depth. Great kicker though. Floyd probably wins 21-7. But don't count those warriors out. They are called warriors for a reason.

I think Chilhowie has as good a chance as anybody...Floyd has not blown anybody out this year...practically all of their games have been close, they've just found a way to win. I say it's a toss up.

doesn't matter if u win big or by a point winnings winning, plus good teams find a way to win the close ones

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Chilhowie Gears Up For Friday Night Ritual

By Tim Hayes

Sports Writer / Bristol Herald Courier

Published: November 21, 2008

BY TIM HAYES

BRISTOL HERALD COURIER

Shane Farris is ready for his weekly Friday night ritual.

The Chilhowie High School senior lineman will meticulously take part in some mundane, and obscure, gameday tasks.

“I’m very superstitious,†Farris said. “I’ve got to do about 15-20 things before a game. I hug all the seniors before the game and do some other things. I’m just the guy on the team that’s really superstitious.â€

Farris is also one of 13 Chilhowie seniors who will play in the biggest game of their careers today, when the Warriors (10-1) travel to Floyd County (11-0) for the Region C, Division 2 title game. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.

Chilhowie’s successful season has featured plenty of highlights. Quarterback Josh Jackson has been steady, wide receiver Curtis “Tuff†Williams has made several key plays and running back/linebacker Alex Russell’s big runs and hard hits have been a key part of every victory.

But perhaps the most compelling and impressive component has been the leadership displayed by Chilhowie’s large group of seniors.

“We’ve played together since Little League,†Chilhowie senior center/linebacker Chris Testerman said. “Having that many seniors adds a whole lot to it. It does make it a lot more fun.â€

The group includes Jackson, Williams, Russell, Farris, Testerman, Richard Griffith, Justin Terry, Adam Becker, Josh Adams, Nick Rector, Lee Yates, Lucas Dowell and Tre Lomans. Some are stars and others are role players, but they all have one clear objective.

“They just want to play ball,†Chilhowie coach Larry Russell said. “There are also some good leaders in there.â€

Chilhowie was impressive in a 35-17 playoff win over Giles last week. The Warriors held the Spartans to just 42 yards of total offense in the first half and dominated up front.

“Our line is not real big, but we have a lot of heart,†Testerman said. “We’ve never been that big, but we have a lot of heart … Giles had beaten us the last three times we played them and the way we looked at it, we were playing for respect.â€

Chilhowie certainly has a lot of respect for Floyd County. The unbeaten Buffaloes used a late 2-point conversion to earn a wild 15-14 victory over George Wythe last week.

“Floyd’s got a great tradition,†Russell said. “They’ve got some quickness and their quarterback (Luke Harris) is about the best I’ve seen as far as the way he plays. He can run it and throw it and he has good receivers. It’s going to be a great challenge for us.â€

Meanwhile, Farris and his fellow seniors are ready to make some more memories.

“It means everything to us,†Farris said. “We’ve worked hard and we’re proud of our record. We just want to go forward.â€

thayes@bristolnews.com|(276) 645-2570

Prep Pick

Chilhowie at Floyd County

Chilhowie is playing in its first regional title game since 2001, when the Warriors lost at home to Floyd County, 17-14. The Warriors face a tough challenge and must contain Floyd County quarterback Luke Harris. They will need a defensive effort similar to the one they got last week, when they physically dominated Giles in a 35-17 win. Floyd is favored, but Chilhowie has overcome the odds all season. Look for a classic as Chilhowie attempts to claim its first Region C title since 1975.

Prediction: Floyd County 27, Chilhowie 24

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Tazewell would have whooped ur ass too, they are on a mission, ur season is over so don't put ur name into something that ur not.

idk about whooped but we cant pass the ball so yeah it woulda been tough for marion to win